If i wrote that i'd have changed...

Post here with all your LoG related questions and comments!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Tubbs get undressed
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Holding Ross hostage at the Job Centre.. ah sellotape has so many uses

If i wrote that i'd have changed...

Post by Tubbs get undressed » Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:40 pm

Has anyone ever watched the League n thought that would have been better if...? and thought of how you would have had it go
Is that why i have to wash my face with a potato?

Kind of like a .. David .. Brown.

Viper
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Viper » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:26 pm

Sacrilege!

I mean...yes. Happens to me when I watch everything, because I'm a weird control freak. However, with the League it happens a lot less than usual- less than when I'm watching Little Britain, for example. With the League I wouldn't have changed the nose bleed stuff- it made sense. But LB with the puking old ladies- I would have put a big red line through all of that crap.

Gross out for gross out's sake is not big or clever, boys and girls. Especially when it's repeated a million times. For f**k's sake, it's the same joke told again and again- get a clue.

But the League rarely do that. You can see the editing process at work even through listening to their conversations. If I changed anything, it would be the one shot jokes- the women peeing, the pooper scooper. Nothing central.
Hello my darling it's me again. Where are you?

It could get funnier if we keep doing it.

http://themightycharlottestein.blogspot.com/

ihateyoumike!

Post by ihateyoumike! » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:34 am

The one thing that I thought maybe should have been different is the end of series three. I still love it but I think it's too happy! I totally understand the reasons why it's happy (certain character storylines wrapped up, the fact that it's maybe the last series in Vasey) but it feels...I don't know...wrong. I mean, why should it be happy? Pauline shagged Ross and is obviously not telling Mickey, Lance is DEAD!, Geoff's face is all mashed up, Alvin and Judith have set themselves up to be sent down for life, Charlie, Brian and half the population of Vasey have been captured by Papa and put in ANIMALS (which is beyond the realms of sanity in itself!).

It's the Papa thing that I have most problem with. I don't hate it, but it's done in a really rushed and cheap way (the 'animal' effects). That last episode really needed to be an hour-long special. I can't find fault with anything else League!

mama lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by mama lazarou » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:05 pm

hmmmmm this is a very good topic, I struggle to find what I would change about the league, well i wouldn't have had pauline and Ross at it like knifes, that is just too far.

steph x

Tubbs get undressed
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Holding Ross hostage at the Job Centre.. ah sellotape has so many uses

Post by Tubbs get undressed » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:34 pm

mama lazarou wrote:hmmmmm this is a very good topic,
*smirk*
The one thing that I thought maybe should have been different is the end of series three. I still love it but I think it's too happy!
I think its really moving! Lol how sad am i? The music almost killed me when i first watched the series, its like something has ended n i feel loss! *cringe*

To be honest i cant think what id change personally. I'll watch all my DVDs again n have a look what id change

keenzy

Post by keenzy » Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:32 pm

yeah the music is ace, anyone know were i can get hold of it from? i really like it

Martorano

Post by Martorano » Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:41 am

ihateyoumike! wrote:
It's the Papa thing that I have most problem with. I don't hate it, but it's done in a really rushed and cheap way (the 'animal' effects).
I didn't really have a problem with it until I heard the commentary on the DVD (and, later, saw the concept drawing in the Script book). The way the League originally envisioned it sounds a lot creepier and more effective.

As for what I'd change (besides the hated laugh track), I'd have added a little more interaction between Tubbs, Edward, and the rest of Vasey. They're so fiercely protective of everything local, yet they're never acknowledged by any of the other characters (save for the very last scene of the last episode of series two, of course).

Laura Folds Five
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Laura Folds Five » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:50 am

I like the idea that the local shop is never even really seen (or used) by the locals, as if it's invisible.

Tubbs get undressed
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tubbs get undressed » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:05 pm

Laura Folds Five wrote:I like the idea that the local shop is never even really seen (or used) by the locals, as if it's invisible.
I cant believe i remember his but the first thing i laughed at in the League was the fact that he 'local shop' was as far from Vasey as it could be.

I agree about the animal effects, i have kinda changed it in my mind to what the Gents described.

mama lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by mama lazarou » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:49 pm

Tubbs get undressed wrote: I cant believe i remember his but the first thing i laughed at in the League was the fact that he 'local shop' was as far from Vasey as it could be.
yup me too, nothing quite like a local shop in the middle of nowhere.

steph x

misstoadfacedenton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by misstoadfacedenton » Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:13 pm

didn't know where to stick this but..........
http://www.tubbs-insurance.co.uk/general_insurance.html

......i would never have guessed Tubbs would moonlight in this kind of career :lol:

Judee Levinson
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Frolicing in the park with Pierre, throwing Flip flops in a haphazard fashion

Post by Judee Levinson » Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:50 pm

im bored, so im basically reviving old posts.

i hate criticising but i really wish there wasnt a laughter track on the first 2 series, its just not needed, i hate being told when to laugh.

thats pretty much my only problem. actually, i really hate the lack of nudity.
ImageImage

Laura Folds Five
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Laura Folds Five » Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:28 am

:D There's plenty of nude Reece, more nude Mark, I say.

Without laughter track is better, obviously. But I kind of attune myself to it after a while and don't notice it so much.
What annoys me is the big "Awww"s from the audience when Pauline is mean to Mickey, or the "Euuurgh"s when the nosebleeds happen. Quite annoying!

Judee Levinson
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Frolicing in the park with Pierre, throwing Flip flops in a haphazard fashion

Post by Judee Levinson » Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:36 am

god yeah, i forgot about them. its like something out of saved by the bell, and it cheapens the scenes, in my humble opinion
ImageImage

The_Worminator

Post by The_Worminator » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:57 pm

It's very hard to think of things I'd change, the only one I can think of is Edward and Tubbs' demise. No, I'm not a whinging series 3 critic (in fact, it was probably my favourite series) and I agree that they'd have got old if they were used throughout another series. I just think it might have been better for them to have gone to Lundun, that way they could be used much less, but they could be brought back if need be for the occasional appearance, like in the end sequence for example. And if there's a 4th series, they could maybe have just had a storyline in one episode, like Legz Akimbo. Anyway, I'm rambling now, so I'll shut up.