Official TLOGABY! DVD thread

Post here with all your LoG related questions and comments!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:16 pm

Ah yes. I just thought of that - I bet it's explained in the commentary! :roll:
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!

MrsBeasley
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by MrsBeasley » Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:42 pm

Beast wrote:Mine arrived Monday (or possibly even saturday. Goes to work address.) That was sendit.com though not Play.
I got mine yesterday from play. can't understand why other people never.
"I don't know that I share your view"

mama lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by mama lazarou » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:14 pm

ok seriously mine still isn't here yet, thoses bastards I knew I should have just bought it from avalanche.

steph x

Princess Profitt
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Princess Profitt » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:18 pm

a1tiptop wrote:But it wasn't only Reece in his pants! Mark and Steve were both walking around with very little on - Mark especially! So I don't think Reece probably gave a second's thought to it. If you're constantly getting dressed and undressed, then you become far less self-conscious.

That's true actually, didn't think of that....he does look super yummy though :D
"Crunchy Nut Cornflakes are just Frosties for W*******"(Peep Show)
"I won the mums!!!"

Cazza Lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cazza Lazarou » Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:52 pm

a1tiptop wrote: I was a *little* disappointed in the packaging. There wasn't even an insert sheet inside mine.

The documentary (loved Mark and Jeremy's fake names for the credits) I also found a little bit flat. But the inclusion of footage from the last show was masterly! It's lovely to see how they changed all the sketches!

The commentary wasn't as stimulating as some of the others (particularly the recent ones for Apocalypse and the last tour) but the gents are always a joy to watch.
Yep, yep and yep.

I wish they'd have done something extra special for th DVD packaging....like they have done before...I didn't get an insert sheet either, not sure if this will be the same for all copies?

Docu- it was a bit flat...there was just *something* missing, can't quite explain what it was. I'd have liked to have seen talking heads/interviews with them looking back on the tour like they did for the last DVD, cos well, it has been a year nearly. I know when they would have recorded it it wouldn't have been *that* long, but something would have been nice.

The commentary for LADL is probably my favourite- they were relaxed enough to be joking about and kind of not caring, and yet they were still making it interesting for us to listen to, also I have very good and special memories of The Local Tour so that might be a factor too.

TLOGABY comm...I think again it was lacking something, difficult to put my finger on, I think I'll have to hear it again to be able to explain what it is.

I'm gutted about the 'Sisters' being missing but yeah, kind of stands to reason really and I'll get over it...that said, I'm still upset about them changing the music from Lionel Richie on the LADL DVD during the LATC 'North' section (not to mention DBofV) I'm never satisfied :wink:

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:41 pm

well it came!

Er didn't overdo it on the packaging did they!? :lol:

Not Quite Local
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Not Quite Local » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:52 pm

I did wonder why that scene was cut out, also why they changed the music.
I haven't listened to the commentry yet, but I will do soon.

Judee Levinson
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Frolicing in the park with Pierre, throwing Flip flops in a haphazard fashion

Post by Judee Levinson » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:04 pm

a1tiptop wrote:
Interestingly, they also couldn't get the rights to Darth Vader's death march for Lisgoe! I loved their comments.

Oh no you're joking?! I loved that bit, being a huge Star Wars nerd that was one of my favourite bits. *pouts*
ImageImage

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:30 pm

Me too! I was just staring at him.

Have listened to all the commentary now and it's possibly not as good as some others they've done but I love it. I love just listening to them all laughing and having a good time together, even if I don't know what they're laughing at sometimes. It just makes me do this: :D . Aw! I also love Reece's random swearing. And him getting mad at critics. Don't listen to them mah dear! I stick by my statement that they do the best commentaries I've ever heard.

I understand why CC Smith and Pauline's song was cut but why did they cut that bit they had as a deleted scene out of the main bit? They could have included it if they can include it as a deleted scene. Maybe they felt it ended abruptly and made no sense. Still, it's a shame.

I think what was missing from the documentary was more of it! It should have been longer like the Boosh one but other than that I loved it.

Cazza Lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cazza Lazarou » Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:33 pm

Judee Levinson wrote:
a1tiptop wrote:
Interestingly, they also couldn't get the rights to Darth Vader's death march for Lisgoe! I loved their comments.

Oh no you're joking?! I loved that bit, being a huge Star Wars nerd that was one of my favourite bits. *pouts*
You see my memory being what it is, I thought they used Darth Vader music for Ross.

Beast you are right, MORE documentary...I bet they filmed loads. It should have at the very least been a FULL half hour. You can tell now that the initial excitement of getting the DVD has worn off cos I'm moaning now.

Reece's random swearing in the commentary to the deleted scenes is funny though... "there's your extra, now F**K OFF!"

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:22 pm

:lol: Yeah I love that! :)

Judee Levinson
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Frolicing in the park with Pierre, throwing Flip flops in a haphazard fashion

Post by Judee Levinson » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:48 am

Cazza Lazarou wrote:
Judee Levinson wrote:
a1tiptop wrote:

You see my memory being what it is, I thought they used Darth Vader music for Ross.

Now that you say that.... I'm starting to think it was Ross. No, Lisgoe. No, Ross. Oh bum, I can't remember now.
ImageImage

Cazza Lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cazza Lazarou » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:57 am

Judee Levinson wrote:
Cazza Lazarou wrote:
Judee Levinson wrote:

Now that you say that.... I'm starting to think it was Ross. No, Lisgoe. No, Ross. Oh bum, I can't remember now.
Ummm... I can confirm it WAS Ross...I just had a wee listen to commentary. Darth was deffo for Ross.

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:12 am

They say how everyone booed him. I was like 'I didn't!' to the TV. I cheered. I was the only one!

Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:29 pm

There will be a signing next Monday, 27th November at Virgin Megastore, Oxford Street...with the Gents signing TLOGABY dvds :D

(Sorry no information on the time yet)
Have we missed the cakes?