Official TLOGABY! DVD thread

Post here with all your LoG related questions and comments!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

cupid stunt
Local Shop Owner!

Post by cupid stunt » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:52 pm

Just got an e-mail saying that the signing is at 12-2pm. SO have fun whoever's going!

Anyway, after a year of waiting to see the show I finally got the DVD on Monday. As much as I enjoyed it I didn't think it was as their best work, there was just something missing, but still it was good and entertaining. Though I'm sure it would have been more fun to actually see it live. But wow, must applaud them for those costume changes... it can't have been easy to move around so much while wearing 4 or 5 characters! Quite disappointed that the Sisters-song was cut out as I never got to see it, but oh well... Really enjoyed the outtakes and the documentary (even though it was a bit short), loved seeing those clips from the last show, not to mention those lovely close-ups of Harvey's nude-suit. :lol:
And, erm, how did they get away with a 15-rating with that language? :P

Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:24 pm

Ah well i can't go then, i have an appointment.
You're the Christmas, promising the summer

Not Quite Local
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Not Quite Local » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:20 pm

When I first watched the DVD I thought it wasn't as good as I remembered it. I think seeing it live is much better.

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:59 pm

Yay! I obeyed the panto law! If I'd been at the filmed one I could've got on the dvd. (Ok, no. I didn't cheer that loudly. )I don't see him as a baddy though. I agree with PNW. :) But for Panto purposes I accept it.
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:01 pm

I can't afford to buy the DVD. Bloody Christmas! :(

Hopefully Tara will bring it down next week so I can see the extras though? *flutters eyelashes at Tara*
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

acm3

Post by acm3 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:57 pm

I just got my DVD in the mail- finally! I live in Tennessee so naturally it took forever, but it was well worth the wait- what an awesome show. I have a question, though, for anyone who might've seen the show live in Hammersmith- was the theater as small and dingy as it appeared? I guess after Drury Lane anything would look inadequate, but it comes across really small.

Cazza Lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cazza Lazarou » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:09 pm

Hammersmith SMALL? I think it looks big...well as big as the place is. Drury Lane looks small, but weirdly it looks bigger on TV

MrsBeasley
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by MrsBeasley » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:13 pm

Yeah I was surprised how small drury lane was when I actually went cos it looked my bigger on LADL.
I thought Hammersmith look big on the dvd...oh well!
"I don't know that I share your view"

acm3

Post by acm3 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:19 pm

I guess maybe it's because the stage has so many sets and props on it, as opposed to the last tour, that the stage itself looks smaller, which might lend an impression of compactness to the entire space.

Did anyone else get a sense of some "Little Britain" bashing on the commentary? Or is it like a friendly rivalry?

Cazza Lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cazza Lazarou » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:31 pm

acm3 wrote: Did anyone else get a sense of some "Little Britain" bashing on the commentary? Or is it like a friendly rivalry?
Ha ha...yeah i picked up on that for definate...not sure how friendly or otherwise it is really. They have worked together so possibly friendly, but hmmmmm... I guess we'll never know what they *really* think.

DevilWalksInTheSand
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by DevilWalksInTheSand » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:13 pm

My boyfriend has bought me the dvd for christmas so he really is gonna have to hide it well cos i will hunt it down when it comes this week.
Image Image

a1tiptop
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by a1tiptop » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:55 pm

acm3 wrote:Did anyone else get a sense of some "Little Britain" bashing on the commentary? Or is it like a friendly rivalry?
Yeah, I don't think you could miss it really. I think it's a shame, even though it was done fairly jokingly, it comes across as a bit bitter. It's a shame to fans like me who love both the Gents and LB, and remember back in the day when the log were at the height of their fame, how close they were with Matt and David and how many projects they collaborated on... How things change. :(
And I'll stay here till the trail's cold and return again with my meaty gold
You want it! You can't get enough of Hilary Briss and his special stuff...

acm3

Post by acm3 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:12 am

They do bring up a good point though about the Ann character.

mama lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by mama lazarou » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:36 pm

got mine finally (bloody Play) and was pretty dissapointed with the packaging, compared to the first ith the lovely green case it looks cheap, but maybe thats the point being panto themed and all. The Dean dance made me cry with laughter again though! and yes I loved the Little Britain bashing,

*yes Little Britain have a character called Anne too but WE DID IT FIRST* teehee!

does anyone know of any easter eggs on the D.V.D?

steph x

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:58 pm

I don't think the LB comments were malicious at all! I thought it was friendly banter. They just wanted to point out that they weren't copying them. That's how I took it. I'm sure they're still good friends.
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!