Psychoville - the NEW League project!

Post here with all your LoG related questions and comments!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:34 pm

a1tiptop wrote:I must say that I think the title sounds like it's trying to be a bit too obvious. I'd prefer something more oblique. That's what I liked about the title "League of Gentlemen" in the first place. It worked on a number of levels.
I completely agree. If i knew it wasn't the Gents who come up with that title i would still think it was naff. Just paryuing to god it does turn out really good....or they change the title
You're the Christmas, promising the summer

Hello Dave?
A Local

Post by Hello Dave? » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:14 pm

a1tiptop wrote:OK, I've read through this thread and am now totally confused.

Can someone confirm - are Jeremy and Mark definitely working on Psychoville?
No no, as the article says it's Steve and Reece who are working on scripts for 'Psychoville' for the BBC. It appears that Mark and Jeremy are working together on "other ideas", as in other projects, not 'Psychoville'.

I really wish someone would change the title of this thread to prevent such confusion... "New Steve & Reece project!" might be better.

As for my opinion I'm just exhilirated that ANY of them are doing ANYTHING new together, and I think you lot should be grateful too. Even I would prefer to have all four of them together, writing something new... but this is better than nothing, and it's their usual writing pair so it should still be marvellous!

Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:41 pm

Ahh right, now i understand.......still hate the title though. I'm sorry but its just meh. Please let Reece and Steve be sexmo and the show to be amazing to smother my hate for the title
You're the Christmas, promising the summer

Cazza Lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cazza Lazarou » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:25 pm

Yeah, the more I think about it the more I hate this title (working or not!) i hope it's good. We all want it to be good. The Gents will want to do something good as well.....so yeah *cross fingers like Tubbs*

Watch this space I guess...

Tubby Little Titwitch
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Tubby Little Titwitch » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:32 pm

Historically it seems unlikely that it'll be bad! They've set themselves pretty high standards though...

Anyhow, it'll ba nice years' thumb twiddling until we find out I suppose. :x

If I were a moth I'd smash myself against your body.

Shell
A Local

Post by Shell » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:02 pm

Yeah I can't wait for this, it sounds good though agreeing the names a bit crap. I hope it doesn't discourage people from watching. I don't mind if Mark and Jeremy aren't heavily involved- should still be good. :)

Hello Dave?
A Local

Post by Hello Dave? » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:38 pm

a1tiptop wrote:What worries me is not the title (I hate it, but it may not be indicative of anything else). It's more the references to Lost and 24, which only work because US shows are given the luxury of very long runs such as 24 weeks or so for one series. With British TV sheduling (espeically the beeb), I don't know how something similar could work. I'd be curious about what other people think about this.
I for one have been waiting for something like this for a long time. Though this is not strictly a spoof of such ghastly things as Lost, I've been wanting someone to inject some comedy into something just as endlessly mysterious for quite a while. I was drawn into the intrigue of the League's third series immediately, but because I cared about the characters... Lost (sorry to keep using it as an example) was so ridiculously melodramatic and annoying that I switched off half way through the very first episode!

I just hope it's brilliant... :D

Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:45 pm

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2001 ... 85,00.html

I interpreted the article as meaning this was the new League project & that Jeremy and Mark were writing together, as per usual, on other ideas for the project...and that when both sets of writers are satisfied with the material they'll get together as a group & decide the shape, structure etc of the piece.

I just think the article is rather poorily & ambiguously written. It does say that Jeremy and Mark are working on other 'ideas' rather than another project...

I can see how the piece can be read in two ways though. Guess we'll have to wait until we hear some more news...
Have we missed the cakes?

a1tiptop
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by a1tiptop » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:30 pm

Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer wrote:I just think the article is rather poorily & ambiguously written. It does say that Jeremy and Mark are working on other 'ideas' rather than another project...
Well yes, that's what I thought. So I wondered if anyone who has links to PBJ could clear it up...?
And I'll stay here till the trail's cold and return again with my meaty gold
You want it! You can't get enough of Hilary Briss and his special stuff...

Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:33 pm

a1tiptop wrote:
Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer wrote:I just think the article is rather poorily & ambiguously written. It does say that Jeremy and Mark are working on other 'ideas' rather than another project...
Well yes, that's what I thought. So I wondered if anyone who has links to PBJ could clear it up...?
Psychoville is a project that Steve and Reece are developing for the BBC. Should it go into production it will NOT be called that though... (info kindly given by Karl at PBJ)

a1tiptop
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by a1tiptop » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:34 pm

Thank god for that! Shame about the lack of Mark and Jeremy's involvement, but yay for new stuff penned by Reece and Steve...
And I'll stay here till the trail's cold and return again with my meaty gold
You want it! You can't get enough of Hilary Briss and his special stuff...

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:27 pm

I like the title! Be interesting if they can come up with a better one!
It's more the references to Lost and 24, which only work because US shows are given the luxury of very long runs such as 24 weeks or so for one series. With British TV sheduling (espeically the beeb), I don't know how something similar could work.

Series 3 of TLOG did the different character focus, all linked, strange or secret goings on thing in 6 eps. Just shows how amazing the Gents are I suppose!
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!

Persephone

Post by Persephone » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:44 pm

:)

Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:51 pm

Persephone wrote:Image

:)
Thanks for posting that - what newspaper is it from & was it published today?

Persephone

Post by Persephone » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:58 pm

Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer wrote:
Thanks for posting that - what newspaper is it from & was it published today?
Yeah sorry, it's from the February 8th edition of The Stage.