Psychoville - the NEW League project!

Post here with all your LoG related questions and comments!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Re: Psychoville - the NEW League project!

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:03 pm

ratgirl wrote:, I've just booked 4 seats in row F - 4,5,6,7 (
I've just booked F3! Looking forward to this.

miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by miss denton » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:04 pm

Reece and Steve where interviewed by Sanjeev Kohli for Laughed off the page on BBC Radio Scotland today. They spoke about the league and Pschoville.

It's on listen again:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... Episode_3/

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:44 pm

Had a great time last night, despite some scarily, er, enthusiastic people in the audience! The girls who asked them to do the Superman dance, and then asked Reece if he was always grumpy were quite sweet though. Heh. Haven't seen Rope since I was a teenager (a veeery long time), and really enjoyed watching it on the big screen. And I never seem to get bored of that episode of Psychoville, though I've seen it loads of times! No Mark there though, sadly (Reece said he'd invited him. Grumpily. ;) ). Also, they said there's going to be a Halloween special of Psychoville ("though knowing the BBC it'll be on in December!") before the second series next spring, which I didn't know about so very pleased about that.

Can't believe how crowded the Old White Lion is on a Friday night now, though!
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

SailorEarth
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by SailorEarth » Mon May 31, 2010 9:26 am

This series is currently being shown in Australia (it’s about time!). I love it :) Of course it’s not as good as the League/Royston Vasey stuff, but it’s still very clever and funny, with the usual assortment of creepy and interesting characters.

As much as clowns freak me out, I have to say Mr Jelly is my favourite character (actually, he still freaks me out, but he makes me laugh as well so I guess that almost cancels out the freakiness – almost ;) )

I’m curious as to how a second series of this will go. Apparently there’s going to be a Halloween special as well? Can’t wait! :P

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Fri May 06, 2011 9:24 am

I spoilt it for myself by not concentrating enough. Going to rewatch and form an opinion then. As it stands I thought there were a couple of nice touches but am not raving about it. Hope I change my mind!
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Sat May 07, 2011 2:40 pm

Have just re-watched and yes, I loved it! Couldn't help a slight feeling of Mr Jelly not being quite the same as last series though. Don't know why. Maybe he's changed after everything that happened! :lol:

miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by miss denton » Sun May 08, 2011 11:15 am

A great start to the second series.

Spoiler for those in other countries who haven't see it yet
Loved the silent singer. Poor Joy! That was a shock.

EgregiousPerson
Outsider

Post by EgregiousPerson » Wed May 11, 2011 9:00 pm

I've started fangirling already. I seem to have found myself quite smitten by Jeremy Goode :oops:
And its nice to know that I've got a new catchphase I can shout at people. I think you all know what it is if you've seen it :lol:
Can't wait for tomorrow!
Just drive into them, Dave. They can't stop theatre! ~ Ollie Plimsoles
I thought we could have a little party. Look, I even brought some music... ~ Tony

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Fri May 13, 2011 9:14 am

It's unfortunate but I have to say so far I don't think this series is as good as the last. It doesn't have the same gripping narrative. It feels more like there's only a thin plotline running through it and everything else is just stuff they wanted to do. What was the Tina Turner bit about? They justified it by having Maureen get drunk but really they just thought it was funny. I didn't but a lot of people did and it is a comedy so maybe fair enough. But overall the story hasn't gripped me and therefore I'm not enjoying it as much. I am still enjoying it though. Miles better than any other comedies on obviously.

I also find myself slightly annoyed by everyone jumping on Not now silent singer and quoting the hell out of it. Don't know why. Perhaps because the character is just there and doesn't do anything so far either. Seems like a quotable line for its own sake. Am I being grumpy? :)

miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by miss denton » Sat May 14, 2011 3:52 pm

I loved it. Loved the Landis cameo.

The Tiner Turner bit was very funny. Poor Robert!! Looks like they may kill a character off each episode :shock:

zoeplimsolls
Outsider

Post by zoeplimsolls » Sun May 15, 2011 6:53 pm

I've enjoyed the first two episodes, I love Jeremy and find myself shouting "Not now Silent Singer" at people who interrupt me. I can't help it okay.

I was confused by the Tina Turner bit. To be honest, it scared me slightly, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry in fear :shock:

And really, are they going to start killing off a character in every episode? There'll be no-one left by the end of the series! :?
"People mistake my quietness for being grumpy. It annoys me. People think I'm being difficult when I'm not." ~ Reece Shearsmith

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Mon May 16, 2011 10:22 am

I read that too. But only from a fan. That's likely to meanit'll be the last series then :( I found Tina Turner much more scary than The Silent Singer That doesn't scare me at all. I'm hoping the series will develop and come into its own. It's not fair to judge it on the first 2 episodes. Perhaps I didn't love the first series quite as much when it had just started. I think I did though. Anyway, we'll see. I'm still hopeful that by the next episode I will have become engrossed by it. I still love it. It's just not quite as good as the first IMHO.

Shell
A Local

Post by Shell » Tue May 17, 2011 12:18 pm

After the first episode I wasn't so sure I was going to like this series. It just wasn't hugely funny, but the second episode gave some proper laugh out loud moments. I have to say that the slightly loose narrative which has already been mentioned, has perhaps allowed for more comedy, as it seemed that last series some episodes were too heavily dedicated to plot development at the expense of some of the laughs.

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Wed May 18, 2011 5:01 pm

Can't say I agree. I think last series was more funny and had the plot which is probably why it feels better to me. I did laugh a little at one point. Think it was the old lady. She's amazing. :D I also enjoyed the 5p bit but was that was the first ep I think and I'd already seen it in a clip online. Am avoiding those now as I'd rather it was all new to me when I see the episode. :D

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Fri May 20, 2011 1:47 pm

Hmm. I don't feel like I really know what's going on and I am concentrating!

Anyway, anyone doing the experience what did you find for the Debbie page? The number seems to be two figures but I can't find anything so have put two one figure numbers in. Not 100% sure I've got any of them right so far. I think it should tell you if it's wrong.