Psychoville - the NEW League project!

Post here with all your LoG related questions and comments!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

a1tiptop
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by a1tiptop » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:27 pm

LOL! Bless Pemby's brother-in-law! I love people who are really shite at ligging! It's a bit like me! I stand out like a sore thumb.

Not much more detail on Psychoville. I hope Steve blogs or something so we can see what they are up to.

I'm obviously totally behind the idea of a "low budget" ghost or horror film. That's what I wanted "Apocolypse" to be!
And I'll stay here till the trail's cold and return again with my meaty gold
You want it! You can't get enough of Hilary Briss and his special stuff...

a1tiptop
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by a1tiptop » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:55 pm

From Debster:

There are going to be 7 episodes, each half an houf & it will be on tv around February.
And I'll stay here till the trail's cold and return again with my meaty gold
You want it! You can't get enough of Hilary Briss and his special stuff...

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:34 pm

Cannot wait! :D
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!

Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer
Local Shop Owner!

'Psychoville' news

Post by Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:07 am

Here's some news on 'Psychoville'!!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/oc ... television

And the hard copy version...

League Of Gentlemen actors Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton are returning to BBC2 with a bizarre new comedy called Psychoville, MediaGuardian.co.uk can reveal.

The pair will be joined by an all-star cast - Dawn French, Christopher Biggins, Dame Eileen Atkins and Nicholas Le Prevost - who will start filming on location in north London later this month for transmission next year.

The new series will be populated with a new cast of strange characters including a blind beanie collector, a dwarf who is in love with panto Snow White and a one-handed clown who makes balloon animals with his hook.

Each of the characters in the series has been sent an anonymous, black-edged card marked just with the words: "I know what you did…"

The character comedy mystery series echoes the award-winning League of Gentlemen, which was set in the fictional town of Royston Vasey and finished in 2002. Shearsmith and Pemberton played a number of the popular League characters including the twisted shopkeepers Edward and Tubbs.

Psychoville will be directed by Matt Lipsey, designed by Brian Sykes and produced by Justin Davies.

Roly Keating, the outgoing BBC2 controller who commissioned the series, said: "BBC2's The League Of Gentlemen became one of the Channel's most talked about and idiosyncratic television comedies of recent years so we're very happy indeed to welcome back Reece and Steve with their latest creation."

The BBC controller of comedy commissioning, Lucy Lumsden, said: "With its sheer invention and wealth of original comic characters, Psychoville will be a very exciting addition to the lineup of new comedies on BBC2 in 2009.
Have we missed the cakes?

MrsBeasley
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by MrsBeasley » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:24 am

Ace thanks :D

This sounds good, Dawn French & Biggins!
"I don't know that I share your view"

Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:46 am

Brian Sykes designed 'Life on Mars' & Matt Lipsey directed 'Saxondale' & 'Human Remains' so thats good :wink:

Not too sure about Dawn French :? Just as long as she doesn't do the comic gurning that she telegraphs too many of her performances with as of late.

Atkins & Le Prevost - excellent! :)

I've been waiting for the BBC press release about 'Psychoville' & here it is...

After creating the kind of northern town nightmares are made of, The League Of Gentlemen's Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton are looking for a new place to settle down... welcome to Psychoville.

Written by the Leagsters for BBC Two, Psychoville is a dark character comedy mystery featuring the weird and the wonderful.

Where else would you find a blind Beanie collector, a dwarf who's in love with his panto Snow White or a one-handed clown who makes balloon animals with his hook…?

Yet despite having different backgrounds, different interests, and coming from different parts of the country they share a common link.

Every one has been sent an anonymous, black-edged card marked just with the words: "I know what you did…"

Starring alongside Pemberton and Shearsmith, the cast includes Dawn French, Dame Eileen Atkins, Nicholas Le Prevost, Christopher Biggins, Daisy Haggard, Debbie Chazen and Adrian Scarborough.

It is directed by Matt Lipsey, designed by Brian Sykes, produced by Justin Davies and executive produced by Jon Plowman.

Psychoville was commissioned by BBC Two Controller Roly Keating and Comedy Commissioner Lucy Lumsden.

Roly Keating says: "BBC Two's The League Of Gentlemen became one of the channel's most talked about and idiosyncratic television comedies of recent years so we're very happy indeed to welcome back Reece and Steve with their latest creation."

Lucy Lumsden says: "With its sheer invention and wealth of original comic characters, Psychoville will be a very exciting addition to the line-up of new comedies on BBC Two in 2009."

Psychoville starts filming in mid-October 2008 on location in North London for transmission next year.
Last edited by Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer on Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:48 pm

Brilliant stuff. And Biggins, French and Atkins! I can't wait for this now.

Eileen Atkins is particularly wonderful - see Cold Comfort Farm. I think Colin Farrell agreed ;).

Sefi x

Bainers
Outsider

Post by Bainers » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:11 pm

This sounds great, but I wonder where they will be filming. I would love to find out as i live in north London. :D

Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:25 pm

Anyone like the chance to appear in 'Psychoville'????

They are filming a scene at The Coronet Theatre in Elephant & Castle on Thursday, 23rd October at 4.30pm and are looking for people to be part of a pantomime audience watching a production of 'Snow White & the Seven Dwarves'.

You can apply for tickets to be a member of the pantomime audience, who will be required to boo and cheer, from SRO Audiences...

http://www.sroaudiences.com/shows.asp

Please only apply if you can definitely attend though...

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:38 pm

Oh man! That sounds ace! I am a terrible actor but maybe even I could do that! I can't make it though. :(
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!

Bainers
Outsider

Post by Bainers » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:55 pm

Mmm. Supposed to be working but could always throw a sickie. :wink:

TucBiscuit
Distant Relative

Post by TucBiscuit » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:36 am

I've concocted a hospital appointment (shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!)
Got my confirmation this morning and I am so excited. Not only am I going to be a part of something Reece & Steve have created, I'm actually going to be helping them!

Not bothered at all if I don't get my face on the telly-box, it's all about being there at the beginning and feeling a part of it.

Nothing I've read yet makes it clear if the Gents are acting themselves - forgive me if I've missed it. I assume they must be - what a waste if not. Of course they are talented writers, but we'd be missed out if they weren't showing off their skills as acktors as well.

I feel like a shaken up bottle of champagne right now, although that might be heartburn.

If anyone else is going alone I'd be happy to meet up with you. Otherwise I'll check back after the filming and if no-one's written up the event I'll take it on for you.

Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:51 pm

Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer wrote:Anyone like the chance to appear in 'Psychoville'????

They are filming a scene at The Coronet Theatre in Elephant & Castle on Thursday, 23rd October at 4.30pm and are looking for people to be part of a pantomime audience watching a production of 'Snow White & the Seven Dwarves'.

You can apply for tickets to be a member of the pantomime audience, who will be required to boo and cheer, from SRO Audiences...

http://www.sroaudiences.com/shows.asp

Please only apply if you can definitely attend though...
Oh arse, i am busy on Thursday up in Kilburn as well as getting back from Canterbury. Whoever goes have fun :)

shame it doesn't say how long it will go on for because i could make it if its for a couple of hours but i need to be somewhere between half 7, 8pm
You're the Christmas, promising the summer

TucBiscuit
Distant Relative

Post by TucBiscuit » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:57 pm

The e-ticket I got said it's expected to finish by 19.15 if that helps.

Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:03 pm

Oh does it? Oh this could be ok. I'll apply and see what happens
You're the Christmas, promising the summer