Worst Character

Post here with all your LoG related questions and comments!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Herr Lipp

Worst Character

Post by Herr Lipp » Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:32 am

Who is the worst character on the league of gentlemen. I think it's POP he just doesn't make me laugh!

pinkpantha
Local Shop Owner!

Post by pinkpantha » Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:52 am

I only liked Pop in the live show - not sure why?? I don't like Mick McNamera - funny the first time but annoying the rest.

Hayley x

Laura Folds Five
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Laura Folds Five » Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:43 pm

Yeah, do you mean worst as in badly done? or worst as in the one you hate?

Tubbs get undressed
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Holding Ross hostage at the Job Centre.. ah sellotape has so many uses

Post by Tubbs get undressed » Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:11 pm

I hated Les McQueen in the first series but in series 2 he was a lot better.

Pop is a great character although a little scary.
Is that why i have to wash my face with a potato?

Kind of like a .. David .. Brown.

ross gaines's new profile
A Local
Location: eating fig rolls in a caravan with a dog that pisses brandy and shits fruitcakes

Post by ross gaines's new profile » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:12 pm

i didnt really find that bloke in the morgue who gets arrested funny
"I was on a plane and this bloke said to me i think ure in my seat,i i said no this is my seat he said ok then you fly the f****** plane"

Jack G_TOLF

Post by Jack G_TOLF » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:21 pm

I love Pop! I thinks he's a really good observation of eccentric russian/eastern european (were is he from?) macho men. The scene in which he gives Gary a bulls heart makes me laugh out loud. Plus i think it's one of Steves best performances.

I can't think of a character i dislike but i can picture one scene i alway fastfoward and don't enjoy at all, the one with the women who had the mis carrage and goes to sell the baby clothes and toys at the charity shop. Its the only thing i feel uncomfortable watching and i wouldn't of done it, however i suppose that may of been the purpose of the scene, in which case it's a good a scene and they've suceeded.

Laura Folds Five
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Laura Folds Five » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:36 pm

ross gaines's new profile wrote:i didnt really find that bloke in the morgue who gets arrested funny
He's one of my favourites!

S
Local Shop Owner!

Post by S » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:38 pm

Oh, I love Pop! :D

I don't hate him but he is kinda boring character- Less McQueen.
And I don't like Lisgoe either that much.

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:39 pm

I'm not that keen on Neds (sorry) or Les McQueen - i don't mind them but i like themless so than the other characters ... i agree with TGU Les improved with 2nd series.

Pop is ace cos he is sooooooo awful. And i love the way he says " de key cutting macheeeeeeeene!" :lol:

Sefi x

a1tiptop
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by a1tiptop » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:48 pm

I absolutely don't get the joke of Neds. Someone explain the joke to me! I just sit there and look blankly at the screen.

But I can't think of anything else. There are characters that I don't *like* but I appreciate the craft that went into them. Like Pop - he's supposed to be creepy, isn't he? If you liked him, they would have failed in what they were trying to do.

I *love* Les! So much pathos in that character. It's tragic, almost Mark's finest hour. And come on, him strutting his stuff to "Schulemadschen Report" in the live show is a classic of our time. :)
And I'll stay here till the trail's cold and return again with my meaty gold
You want it! You can't get enough of Hilary Briss and his special stuff...

Tubbs get undressed
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Holding Ross hostage at the Job Centre.. ah sellotape has so many uses

Post by Tubbs get undressed » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:53 pm

Les is fantastic in the live show! I just found him a tad boring in the first series.

And i agree, i dont like Pop cos he makes me go 'eeeeurgh' but hes meant to, its his character.
Is that why i have to wash my face with a potato?

Kind of like a .. David .. Brown.

Laura Folds Five
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Laura Folds Five » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:56 pm

I like Les too. And at first I couldn't watch Pop, but now I love him in a sick way, his voice and accent are amazing. And that scene where he's spilling food all over himself and Mark's girlfriend is hilarious.
I like Neds, because despite being bizarre, he's also scarily realistic.

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:00 pm

And come on, him strutting his stuff to "Schulemadschen Report" in the live show is a classic of our time.

I love Schulmadchen Report from way back so i LOVED that scene. I actually don't mind him as a character - i just like him less than others.

I find Pop utterly creepy and horrid and at first, he made me shudder with disgust - but Steve does such a good job and i find Pop's hideousness to be funny now.

Sefi x

a1tiptop
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by a1tiptop » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:59 pm

serafina pekkala wrote:
And come on, him strutting his stuff to "Schulemadschen Report" in the live show is a classic of our time.

I love Schulmadchen Report from way back so i LOVED that scene. I actually don't mind him as a character - i just like him less than others.
Sefi x
Is it embarrassing to say that I own the whole album and I had to import it from Germany? It is if you could see the cover! :shock:

Great album though. If you're interested Sefi, I'm sure I could do you a copy!
And I'll stay here till the trail's cold and return again with my meaty gold
You want it! You can't get enough of Hilary Briss and his special stuff...

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by serafina pekkala » Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:20 pm

a1tiptop wrote:
serafina pekkala wrote:

Sefi x
Is it embarrassing to say that I own the whole album and I had to import it from Germany? It is if you could see the cover! :shock:

Great album though. If you're interested Sefi, I'm sure I could do you a copy!
i've had it on CD from before i even liked the Gents - cheers though. It's an old fav for me. Along with the Vampyros Lesbos album.

Sefi x