Reece's Pieces!

Post here with all your LoG related questions and comments!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

touchmypreciousthings
Local Shop Owner!

Re: Reece's Pieces!

Post by touchmypreciousthings » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:01 pm

Yeah i got very bored as well, thought the stand up bits were a bit slow and could have been shortened.

PNW were you there Thursday night? Thats the night I went! Can't believe Steve was there as well! how funny :)

I was really surprised with Geffins comedy too, it was so strange and not funny at all, and then all night i kept hearing I got an errection in my head. Terrible. hahahaha

Really liked the theatre though :D
Image Image

Jeremy: "We're pacing ourselves."
Steve: "I'm not! I'm on Absinthe."

Shell
A Local

Post by Shell » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:01 pm

What a shame, kinda regretting booking the tickets now but hopefully there will be some elements (such as Reece) that redeem the whole piece! :) I'm personally curious about the strange format of the show, and how comedy changes along with the social climate etc.

And random pic.

KirstyCnoc
Outsider

Post by KirstyCnoc » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:39 am

Hi everyone,

I'm travelling 460 miles to see Reece in Comedians - it's my first time seeing him in the flesh. I'm so excited,I may peewee my pants!! :shock:

KirstyCnoc
Outsider

Post by KirstyCnoc » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:35 am

Papa's new wife wrote:Hello *waves madly*
We have a thread for you to tell us lots about you, and lots of threads for being silly in :D
http://www.lofg.com/forums/viewtopic.ph ... &start=285

And I'm dead impressed! Thats a lot of miles, where you coming from?
Coming from the Scottish Highlands - a town called Oban. I might actually puke down my front when I see the boy :lol:

Thanks for the welcome, I've been a lurker for so long and felt it was time to spread my good news with like minded people :) shall pop over to intro myself soon x

Shell
A Local

Post by Shell » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:42 pm

THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!!!!

Ladies, I am back online after my horrible computer died on Saturday, preventing me from filing my report on the Comedians. So here goes:

Went to The Comedians on the Saturday matinee. Got there a bit early and took a pic of the wall, didn't manage to get one of me standing next to Reece's pic (still really annoyed I forgot about that). Went in. Me and the boyf were in row C 1 & 2, which meant throughout the first act whilst they were sat at desks I was directly infront of Reece (I was understandably VERY pleased about that!), as there was nobody in the front row, and generally it was quite a quiet performance, so quiet you could hear my stomach rumble infact. What was really odd was that there was a woman with a very distinctive laugh, laughing hysterically at the bits you're not meant to laugh at- the racist bits. The woman beside me commented about how that made her feel uncomfortable, and I have to agree. Gethin's bit really did go on for too long, it's like yeah we get the point- move on. Although had to laugh at the small violin he had. Personally I thought Reece was doing what he does best, being a grumpy Geoff type character, which I love, but with a softer side. Mark Benton & Reece are so excellent together, especially the way they played the breakdown of their act with Ged pushing the mic into Phil's face and asking: How do you like being the dummy? And Phil replying sheepishly: Not a lot. Or words to that effect, my memory is a bit hazy. Also, the looks they share throughout the performance showed a lot of attention to detail and some darn good acting. The physical comedy of getting the basket on stage was brilliantly suited to Reece.

Matthew Kelly put in a fantastic performance, but found exceptionally hard to laugh when he suddenly blurted out "erection"- it's not something I expected to hear, and it seems wrong to come from the mouth of a much loved family entertainer (I only know him from Stars In Their Eyes you see). Paul Rider was the funniest, excellent delivery of such fantasic lines!

So, it ended and I queued for a wee before we left for the tube. I come out to where the boyf is sat on the benches and he says:
"You just missed Reece walking past."
ME: :shock: "Don't p*** about, that's not funny."
"He did, you missed him, would you rather I lie to you? He walked through here with the Irish one with the fake tash!"
ME:"WHAT WAS HE WEARING??????"
"Why does it matter? (typical man- of course it matters what Reece is wearing!). Anyway you wouldn't have gone up to him. He was walking quite fast, probably wanted to get some food before the next performance."

Needless to say I was miserable all the way home. :cry: But it was a lovely day. Sorry it's so long by the way.

Sheryl X

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:48 pm

Aw, sorry you didn't get to see him afterwards! Sounds like you had a good day, though. Did you peer in all the restaurants on the way back to the tube just in case... ;-)
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

Shell
A Local

Post by Shell » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:13 pm

ratgirl wrote:Aw, sorry you didn't get to see him afterwards! Sounds like you had a good day, though. Did you peer in all the restaurants on the way back to the tube just in case... ;-)
I was sooo tempted, but that is a bit stalker-ish, so decided against it! :D

Sheryl X

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:03 pm

I just turned it over randomly and he appeared! Was so surprised. Also Alan Cumming in horrendous glasses spoiling himself!
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:34 am

I'll be honest. Not really.
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!

Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:24 pm

It is on the iplayer. I was told about this yesterday. Should go and watch. Shame the hair isn't as sexy now :(
You're the Christmas, promising the summer

miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by miss denton » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:41 am

It is on the iplayer. I had hoped i wouldn't see Reece's tache again, i really don't like it! It was a good programme. I am not a huge fan of Victoria Wood but i shall be watching tonight.

miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by miss denton » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:27 am

oooo Vicar Reece on Victoria Wood last night :P He looked good. God wants us to chillax :lol:

MrsBeasley
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by MrsBeasley » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:42 pm

I know I talked about this in another thread but now Reece has signed up for a role in John Landis's Burke & Hare.

I need to find out when the filming is!!
"I don't know that I share your view"

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:34 pm

I know they're filming at least some of it in London, as I heard from someone who works at Apothecary's Hall that they tried to book the place for 3 consecutive days (I think in March?) but they had to turn them down. I'm trying to think of somewhere that might be similar that they'd book... :D
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

MattJ
Outsider

Post by MattJ » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:23 pm

Hello everyone - I know I should go to the new members page,
but wanted to share these great pics of Reece And Steve from this
website! It says they are for a coffee table book... not seen
them before. Enjoy