Questions about The League: Characters, Gents or Shows etc..

Post here with all your LoG related questions and comments!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:17 pm

Dear Dr Katelin

My pal with the "Jane Root is Judith" theory and i think it is Ricky Gervais cos apparently he said "i was supposed to go on last". And he won a BAFTA.

CLarice x

Tubbs get undressed
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Holding Ross hostage at the Job Centre.. ah sellotape has so many uses

Post by Tubbs get undressed » Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:52 pm

What is the thing about the charity shop dummie that they go on about on the series 2 commentary?
Is that why i have to wash my face with a potato?

Kind of like a .. David .. Brown.

Tubbs get undressed
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Holding Ross hostage at the Job Centre.. ah sellotape has so many uses

Post by Tubbs get undressed » Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:05 pm

OOOOOOOOH

Cheers x
Is that why i have to wash my face with a potato?

Kind of like a .. David .. Brown.

Laura Folds Five
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Laura Folds Five » Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:29 pm

I don't have a clue of course, but I would guess that it wasn't Ricky - as he doesn't take himself seriously at all. So I would guess Steve Coogan. But who knows...
I'd love to find out though!

pinkpantha
Local Shop Owner!

Post by pinkpantha » Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:46 am

Tubbs get undressed wrote:What is the thing about the charity shop dummie that they go on about on the series 2 commentary?

Nobody knows. The guys won't say sadly, so I guess it represents somebody and they don't want to get sued.

Hayley x

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:59 am

pinkpantha wrote:
Tubbs get undressed wrote:What is the thing about the charity shop dummie that they go on about on the series 2 commentary?

Nobody knows. The guys won't say sadly, so I guess it represents somebody and they don't want to get sued.

Hayley x
Gonna have to disagree with you there, Ms PP. See the script book, series 3 episode 6 - the arrival of Keith in the Charity shop. It says at the beginning within the stage directions words to the effect of "Vinnies clothes are now worn by the Sarah Smith dummy" ... (its page 460 - ish ???)

Sefi x

pinkpantha
Local Shop Owner!

Post by pinkpantha » Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:01 pm

Bloody hell! Sadly, I didn't get that far in my script book. :shock: Been reading the small print though. Lol.

Cheers for pointing that out luv. Glad that's sorted, as I always wondered what the hell they were talking about. Maybe, there's other secrets in there too???

Hayley x

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by serafina pekkala » Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:08 pm

pinkpantha wrote:Bloody hell! Sadly, I didn't get that far in my script book. :shock: Been reading the small print though. Lol.

Cheers for pointing that out luv. Glad that's sorted, as I always wondered what the hell they were talking about. Maybe, there's other secrets in there too???

Hayley x

OH HAYLEY - what joys you have to come. There are plenty of secrets if you care to look - the whole "Judith-Buckle is ALLEGEDLY based upon someone" Theory stems from this - its EXHIBIT A.

have a look thru your book with this as a guide if you haven't done so already ...

http://www.lofg.com/forums//viewtopic.php?t=517&start=0

Hehehe - they are naughty boys!

Sefi x

pinkpantha
Local Shop Owner!

Post by pinkpantha » Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:41 pm

I'm totally embarrassed to say I haven't read the book fully. I bought it really for the cute photos, and the extras added within the book like the script sections that weren't used. It's an excellent reference to have for aspiring comedy writers like me. Mark had it so right when he said it doesn't always look funny when it's written down, but once performed look how funny it becomes.

Thanks for the info Sefi. Love discovering new secrets. Hehe. I get bored of reading so easily - shame on me!! Must sit down and start from the beginning. I think it's because I know the script off by heart so I don't expect to see anything new written down. I will though!

Hayley x

VoodooLinzi
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by VoodooLinzi » Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:49 pm

New question...
On the Xmas Commentary, at the bit where Stella says "Praawwwn Tooasst" into the intercom thingy... Reece says something that sounds really funny on the commentary, and then him and Jeremy laugh. Can anyone make out what he says, because the gents laughing at him really makes me giggle - but I don't actually know what they're laughing at :P

Anyone know what he says?

pinkpantha
Local Shop Owner!

Post by pinkpantha » Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:49 pm

I think he says -

"Hey, if I mumble something, the fans won't get it and they'll be trying to work out what it is, and it'll be really really funny... Mike was really laughing!"

Sorry, Linz. :wink: :lol:

Hayley x

VoodooLinzi
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by VoodooLinzi » Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:10 pm

Heh - cheers pickle ;)

Aino
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Aino » Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:02 am

I have two questions:

1. I got this little poster when I bought the X-mas Special DVD. (I don't know if it's been included in every edition). Who has painted the picture in that poster? It's really good!

2. I'm thinking of buying that script book. But I'm a little confused. There seems to be two different kind of editions. One has 188 pages and the other 608 pages. How can they have such a big difference in page numbers?! HELP :!:

VoodooLinzi
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by VoodooLinzi » Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:53 am

Mark Gatiss painted the poster. It's great, isn't it?
He also painted the picture of Tubbs and Edward in the Local Book.

About the two books.... the Local book has about 180 pages, and the Scriptbook has 700ish. There is only one version of the Sccriptbook, so maybe you're getting the Scriptbook and Local Book confused?

Aino
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Aino » Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:21 pm

VoodooLinzi wrote:Mark Gatiss painted the poster. It's great, isn't it?
He also painted the picture of Tubbs and Edward in the Local Book.

About the two books.... the Local book has about 180 pages, and the Scriptbook has 700ish. There is only one version of the Sccriptbook, so maybe you're getting the Scriptbook and Local Book confused?
Mark has painted it? Wow! He's is GREAT!

No, I'm not getting it confused with the Local book. They both have the same ISBN number thing. Maybe it's my book store that has made a mistake...