Questions about The League: Characters, Gents or Shows etc..

Post here with all your LoG related questions and comments!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

nicolainthesun

Post by nicolainthesun » Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:48 pm

I just noticed the apple thing the other day too, i think they say somewhere shall we explain about the apple then decide not to. I´d love to know what its all about

Cazza Lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cazza Lazarou » Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:00 pm

Yeah they say that in the commentary which is how I came to notice the apple. They often do that in commentaries-they TEASE US!!!

Someone mentioned a couple of pages back that they didn't get the bit in the Xmas special where Matthew opens the wardrobe and theres a coffin in there which he smashes....It's a Dracula reference as far as I'm aware. I'm not sure if the scene itself is from a specific film as I only really know the book (and my knowledge of that that is quite rusty) but Van Helsing et al who go to destroy Dracula at one point have to smash all his coffins first so he can't get back into one to escape.

God that's an awful explanation but it's in the right ball-park. Note to self-re-read Dracula!

Tipps

Post by Tipps » Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:48 pm

How do you get your nose to be like Edward? I have tried the cellatape and it doesn't work. The same with Herr Lipp.

Not Quite Local
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Not Quite Local » Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:49 pm

Use wig tape. It tells you exactly how to get a local nose here: http://www.leagueofgentlemen.co.uk/newnoses.shtml

dee

Post by dee » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:20 am

Tubbs get undressed wrote:What is the thing about the charity shop dummie that they go on about on the series 2 commentary?
The dummy, i recall, was in Edward and Tubbs' shop originally.

Girlish and Fair

Post by Girlish and Fair » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:17 pm

In the programme for the show it says you can find answers for the quizzes n stuff they have in there and www.thisisalocalshop.com :? Am I the only one here who couldnt find it???

MrsShearsmith
Local Shop Owner!

Post by MrsShearsmith » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:36 pm

It's on Steves last blog, there's a link to the answers
"I do many things, I span the genres. They call me the Genre Spanner"

Girlish and Fair

Post by Girlish and Fair » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:28 pm

Thank you, :D I've been looking for them for AGES!

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:11 am

I don't know where to put this so if someone thinks it should go in another place please let me know. Anyway, so I went to Manchester this weekend on the train. But on my return to Sheffield yesterday they were working on the track so there was a replacement bus service on. Obviously I wasn't too happy about this as it takes much longer. Anyway the bus went over the Snake Pass which I'd never been on before (and which is unbelievably beautiful btw!). I saw we were near Glossop so I thought I'd keep an eye out for signs for Hadfield. When I saw one I was really chuffed. But we seemed to go in the wrong direction so I thought that was that. But then I'm sure I saw the butcher's shop! It was called J. M. Butchers or something like that. That's right isn't it? Then I think I saw the war memorial! I'm sure I would recognise that anywhere! But it didn't seem to be where you would expect it to be in Royston Vasey. And there didn't seem to be any of the other shops on Vasey highstreet where the butcher's was but I'm sure it was Hadfield! I gasped when I saw it and got really excited and this girl on the coach looked at me!!! I also saw a shop called Hadfield something so I had to be in Hadfield but I can't quite believe it! Can anyone who's been to Hadfield tell me if I'm right?! Thanks!
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!

Special local meat

Post by Special local meat » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:35 pm

hi could anyone answer a Q please?

Special local meat

Post by Special local meat » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:40 pm

sorry i am officially rubbish......

I wondered if anyone of you knew where i could get all the log dvd's without bloody canned laughter on?

Special local meat

Post by Special local meat » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:51 pm

THAT my log friend has totally bummed me out

Tracy
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tracy » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:51 pm

You mean there's laughter on the soundtrack?

*scratches head*

I never notice it either! :shock:
ImageImageImage

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:58 pm

Doesn't ring a bell for me, though if he was in it recently I might not have noticed...
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:20 am

Certainly is if you never got to see him nekkid! :D

But no, doesn't mean anything to me, and I'm sure I knew of everything Reece had been in when I first got into the Gents, when we were attempting to hunt everything down. Sorry!
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."