Favourite Character

Post here with all your LoG related questions and comments!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Favourtie Character/s?

Tubbs & Edward
11%
Herr Lip
7%
Pappa Laz
31%
Pauline & Mickey Love
11%
Other
40%

Total votes: 45

mrsdavelazarou

Post by mrsdavelazarou » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:15 pm

I chose Papa as my overall favourite but it just depends what mood i'm in, i love a lot of minor characters. But i like Papa best in Series 2 cos he's more sweet and a bit stupid, he's too clever in Series 3 and when he's putting his make-up on he goes a bit American! which unnerves me slightly.

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:48 pm

DELETED

Jenny\'s Toilet

Post by Jenny\'s Toilet » Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:04 pm

I voted for Herr Lipp, but it is also a tight squeeze with Harvey Denton (hmm there's an image!) they are both too frigging funny for words! The best things they do is when Herr Lipp makes the coach brake and lands on that poor guy, and when Harvey is restoring the weft of the carpet or saying "a dirty brush is a useless brush!" - I could go on about it for hours I really could!!

Ex our favourites are pretty opposite; I really hope Steve isn't like those 2 in real life!! :wink:

Atari

Post by Atari » Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:54 pm

either Ross or Geoff. Or Pam Doove, even though she's a kind of one-gag pony.

Exinferis
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Exinferis » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:57 pm

Jenny's Toilet wrote:Ex our favourites are pretty opposite; I really hope Steve isn't like those 2 in real life!! :wink:
Really? I think Mike and Dave are just so lovely!

I'd hate it if Steve were like Pop! :shock: :puke:

Hello Dave?
A Local

Post by Hello Dave? » Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:45 pm

Tubbs and Edward are sooo the best! They are the most lovable characters ever, and they're so funny. It was such a shame when they died. I felt like crying.

uncle_harvey

Post by uncle_harvey » Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:01 am

I absolutely love Ross Gaines. He's so smug! and Pauline deserves everything she gets. I love Mr. Chinnery too, I feel so sorry for him. He's so sweet, it must be devestating to be so cursed.

uncle_harvey

Post by uncle_harvey » Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:05 am

Hello Dave? wrote:Tubbs and Edward are sooo the best! They are the most lovable characters ever, and they're so funny. It was such a shame when they died. I felt like crying.
I did cry1 It was so sweet how they'd rather die in their shop than succomb to all those people. and the way they danced. I still get teary!

Tubbs get undressed
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Holding Ross hostage at the Job Centre.. ah sellotape has so many uses

Post by Tubbs get undressed » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:08 am

uncle_harvey wrote:I absolutely love Ross Gaines. He's so smug! and Pauline deserves everything she gets. I love Mr. Chinnery too, I feel so sorry for him. He's so sweet, it must be devestating to be so cursed.
Yey! Ross is great, i love him, hes wonderful, i want to lick him all over ... ok i'll stop now.
Is that why i have to wash my face with a potato?

Kind of like a .. David .. Brown.

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:50 pm

DELETED

Jenny\'s Toilet

Post by Jenny\'s Toilet » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:00 am

Exinferis wrote:
Jenny's Toilet wrote:Ex our favourites are pretty opposite; I really hope Steve isn't like those 2 in real life!! :wink:
Really? I think Mike and Dave are just so lovely!

I'd hate it if Steve were like Pop! :shock: :puke:
No no I mean Harvey Denton / Herr Lipp; Mike & Dave are charming! :D Haha there's no way he's like Pop, he's just not! :wink:

Katie_c
A Local

Post by Katie_c » Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:15 pm

Mickey and Pauline are my favourites. I'd love the League to do a spin-off series about their married life together!

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:14 pm

I am really warming to Barry Baggs y'know ...

I have already expressed my fondness for "last Chance Saloon" as a scene but my fav bit is when Lisgoe is saying to Barry "you owe hamonds £30 on a Zanussi" and Barry just does this utterly dismissive "yeah yeah yeah" and smakcs his hand away and you know he's gonna get his @rse kicked!!!

I just love the way he says that "yeah yeah yeah!" and its not the same in the other takes featured on the extras ... a moment of genius i think!

Sefi x

S
Local Shop Owner!

Post by S » Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:27 pm

Papa Lazarou is the best... :D

Harvey Denton

Post by Harvey Denton » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:47 am

Put simply...

FOUR FOUR FOUR, FOUR TWO FOUR FOUR! EEEEEH?

Pop is the funniest character, bar nothing.

My 'favourite' character? Hmmm... I like Alvin, Harvey Denton and Ross, personally.