LofG observations (moments in your own life)

Post here with all your LoG related questions and comments!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Aino
Local Shop Owner!

LofG observations (moments in your own life)

Post by Aino » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:11 pm

In this topic you can tell about things that reminded you of the show. And it doesn't have to be a character look-a-like. Just the things that you've seen (and probably made you giggle a bit). :) Or maybe you were in a situation that was like sketch from the show?

Here's one that happened to me two days ago: My school started this week. It was the first English lesson. The first chapter we were going to go through was about homeless people in Great-Britain. Kind of a serious issue, right? "The Big Issue!", is the first thing that I see when I turn to the right page.

And of course I thought immediately about Pauline and Ross! :D I couldn't wipe the stupid grin off my face because all I could hear in my head was "Beg me, Ross! BEG ME!" My teacher looked at me in a very weird way... :lol:

Exinferis
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Exinferis » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:53 pm

I'm not surprised! :shock: Think I'd have done the same thing though.

I have moments like that all the time, but I can't think of any off hand.

I did have a Peter Kay moment yesterday though. There was a cleaner/tea maker at the hospital who was obviously from the Bolton area. She was talking to a nurse and they were like this:

"So, were did she put it then?"

"Over there"

"Where, over there?"

Yeah, there look"

"Over there?"

"Yes, there!"

Honestly, thought I'd entered the Twilight Zone! :shock:

Exinferis
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Exinferis » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:01 pm

Hi VL, thanks for the welcome back! I'm not too bad as a matter of fact; better than I thought I'd be! Thanks for the flower! :D

Yeah, I hate it when you have a "moment" and there's no one about who has the slightest idea of why you're so excited!

Aino
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Aino » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:17 pm

Voodoo Lady wrote:And about LOG observations, happens to me all the time, too. I hate that there are very few people here who know the show, as I'm forever wanting to share those moments with *someone* else.
Same here! I only have one friend who has watched the show with me. And when these funny things happen, I'm not with her. So I just have to be "excited" about them alone... :D Sad, isn't it?

Tubbs get undressed
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Holding Ross hostage at the Job Centre.. ah sellotape has so many uses

Post by Tubbs get undressed » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:58 pm

I have moments all the time and i'll say 'OMG that was just like that LofG scene!' but no-one gets it, its sooooooooooooo frustrating
Is that why i have to wash my face with a potato?

Kind of like a .. David .. Brown.

Aino
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Aino » Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:58 pm

Tubbs get undressed wrote:I have moments all the time and i'll say 'OMG that was just like that LofG scene!' but no-one gets it, its sooooooooooooo frustrating
Can you name a few? :wink:

Tubbs get undressed
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Holding Ross hostage at the Job Centre.. ah sellotape has so many uses

Post by Tubbs get undressed » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:04 pm

I can't remember any :(

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:54 pm

the other day i went into a charity shop and one old woman was stood behind the counter looking over another old womans shoulder as she was writing something into 'the book' and saying to herself as she wrote "50 p" - i swear she was leaning so far down her nose was almost touching the paper. I felt like saying to her "BOLD & BLUE!!!" ...

But talking about LoG/Phoenix Nights Moments ... there are plenty of them back in my home town. Too many in fact! My entire family life at home very often comes direct from a Peter Kay sketch!!! Even a few of my friends from elsewhere comment on it!

Sefi x

Tubbs get undressed
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tubbs get undressed » Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:43 pm

I can remember one now!!

I was in town with my brother and mum and i heard someone say 'No need to be rude!' and i said to my brother 'Dear!' but he didnt get it :x

Aino
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Aino » Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:34 pm

It's annoying when they don't get the jokes.... You just get frustrated. :x

Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:49 pm

Tubbs get undressed wrote:I can remember one now!!

I was in town with my brother and mum and i heard someone say 'No need to be rude!' and i said to my brother 'Dear!' but he didnt get it :x
i am forevr wanting to say that to customers!
You're the Christmas, promising the summer

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:54 am

I think the "I CAN I CAN'T?" is the one i want to do most often eps when someone mentions the term "can of coke". Its difficult not to!

Sefi x

Atari

Post by Atari » Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:34 pm

if someone asks me to count a number of objects, i usually pipe up with TWELFTY!!

Exinferis
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Exinferis » Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:35 pm

I nearly asked for I can I can't at a pub once...I was really pissed though! ...Unsurprisingly! :lol:

mama lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by mama lazarou » Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:23 pm

I've just got a new job in TK Maxx and because the company want to cut out losing alot of money ( or shrink as they call it) we got a big talk from one of the main security guys about spotting dodgy customers and stuff. The whole time I was repeating Chalk 'em Up! in my head, thought it was quite funny.

steph x