LofG observations (moments in your own life)

Post here with all your LoG related questions and comments!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

I Can I Can't
Local Shop Owner!

Post by I Can I Can't » Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:31 pm

My fellow League obsessive and I have a running joke when we go into town to get lunch, because there's always Big Issue sellers there... Yesterday I couldn't stop myself and said, "Beg me!" as we went past.

I was also ashamed of myself when I saw a blind person walking down the street and the first thing that came into my head was, "'OW DO YA SHAVE?" Made worse by the fact that it was a woman. Oops.

DevilWalksInTheSand
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by DevilWalksInTheSand » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:14 pm

I was looking through a national trust catalogue at work the other day and i saw these plates that you can buy with your name on it....anyway the sample they'd used was "The Pembertons" hehe!
Image Image

Tinkerbell2
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tinkerbell2 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:22 pm

This isn't so much an observation but I had to say it. I found a disk in the computer room that says Family Tree on it and it is addressed to somewhere in Hadfield. So I might have family in Hadfield. Woudln't surprise me much, I seem to have family everywhere else. :roll:

*random*

Judee Levinson
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Frolicing in the park with Pierre, throwing Flip flops in a haphazard fashion

Post by Judee Levinson » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:52 am

Ooo You're local Tink!

Today I was in the bank waiting for an age and a mum came in with her kid. The kid was talking very loud and said something. The mum said 'Friends?'
and the kid said 'Pens!' I nearly pissed myself.
ImageImage

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:32 pm

Well,I had a Pauline moment today!

A customer (who I don't like and is rude) came in, I served him, and gave him what he wanted , he took it and went, I called him back and said,'Have we forgotton something?" to which he replied thanks. Then as he turned his back I mouthed "Ignorant Bastard"!

Then I thought, God I am Pauline.And thinking about it, if I dressed up as a women, I'd make a good Pauline! :lol:
Last edited by Son of Tubbs returns! on Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SailorEarth
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by SailorEarth » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:14 am

Brilliant ;) I'd love to do that to someone, LOL!

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:49 pm

Ahhhhaaaa bad Katie!

Wonders if Tracy has ever considered being Ross?! :lol:

I Can I Can't
Local Shop Owner!

Post by I Can I Can't » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:24 pm

Hello, dead thread :D

I have decided that my mother is Edward or Tubbs (you decide) because she's just opened her own (local) shop and keeps asking the customers "Are you local?" - partly on purpose due to my influence...

And my father is equally mad, because while rifling through his briefcase (we were looking for an address of his company) Mum and I found loads and loads of - not killings - but PENS. He does training courses and hands them out and takes them back in at the end :lol: He is now known as Pawleen.

Sadly they're not restart courses, and Mum's shop is a florist as opposed to a proper local shop, but you can't have everything in life.

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:47 pm

Today i had a good one - I work with the science people at a fine academic institution. I had to work on the paperwork for a job in the toad chiller in the Vet school Frog House. I kid you not. Some kind of vet facility - cold room for toads.

i was laughing to myself about it lots.

Sefi x

MrsBeasley
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by MrsBeasley » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:51 pm

There was a woman on this morning today who looked scarily like Bernice.
"I don't know that I share your view"

Not Quite Local
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Not Quite Local » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:46 pm

I went to a pantomime yesterday, and the dame looked exactly like Pauline in the live show. She even had the same glasses. And at the beginning she was going on about not being able to pay the landlord the rent, so I had *that* scene in my head for a lot of it... :shock: :lol:

mama lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by mama lazarou » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:42 pm

It took me ages to realise that my flatmate that I didn't get on with was the double of CC Smith (we got rid of her thankfully)

she had the awful haircut, glasses and lipstick, and had horrible clothes and always walked around with a face like a smacked arse.

steph x

mama lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by mama lazarou » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:09 pm

ahh I dont huni sorry, she neve came out with us, so no photays, also we hated her, a girl who lives upstairs from me is from calderdale I think!

steph x

Nicki
A Local

Post by Nicki » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:42 pm

Papa's new wife wrote:have you got a photo of her? That you could show people through the power of PMs??

I just laughed at a really serious report on abuse cos they are in CALDERDALE *hangs head in shame*
I live near Calderdale! Its just down the road and whenever we go down there in the car, the little sign that says 'Welcome to Calderdale' always makes me smile!
I dont know if they´d burst a villains tyres, she said they might

Its like 2 Brian Mays

DevilWalksInTheSand
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by DevilWalksInTheSand » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:19 pm

Not content with finding Papa's fish bar in Mansfield (i'm sure i showed you all the picture of it) I found Pops chippy near Matlock yesterday hehe!
Image Image