League Movie Speculation and Rumors

Post here with all your LoG related questions and comments!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

WE\'REALIVE

Post by WE\'REALIVE » Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:21 am

Does anyone think this'll be why the tattsyrups don't like the outside world? Facing an apocalypse, having to go to Lundun, almost being wiped out?
Any views, comments or replies are appreciated.

ihateyoumike!

Post by ihateyoumike! » Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:17 am

I still don't believe this is in any way linked to the series. After all, you don't think the residents of Vasey would be able to go back to their 'normal' lives after what happens. And it wouldn't surprise me if we see some characters die in this, so it can't be before series 1.

Judee Levinson
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Frolicing in the park with Pierre, throwing Flip flops in a haphazard fashion

Post by Judee Levinson » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:55 am

i agree with ihateyoumike, i think the film is probably a bubble, it would make more sense that way, and lets face it, some characters are probably going to die.
ImageImage

The_Worminator

Post by The_Worminator » Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:33 am

It has to be in a bubble - this was the explanation:
a1tiptop wrote:In the film, all the Royston Vasey inhabitants are explictly FICTIONAL CHARACTERS meaning that they can be taken from any timeline or series of the show. They manage to break through into the "Real World" or our reality, that's all. It doesn't matter which bit of the Gents creation they come from - they could even be from a bubble in the live show! They are taken from a pool of anything the Gents have invented.
Also, there's nowhere it could fit into the timeline, I made a list of reasons in another topic....

Any time before series 2: The last time Herr Lipp was in Royston Vasey was 12 years ago, the characters don't look 12 years younger. And it didn't seem like Papa Lazarou had been to Royston Vasey before.

During series 2: Everyone would have been too busy with the nosebleeds.

Between series 2 and 3: Edward and Tubbs were buried under the ruins of the shop.

After series 3: Edward and Tubbs are dead, Bernice is in the elephant, Geoff would be unrecognisable after the accident.

a1tiptop
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by a1tiptop » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:14 pm

WE'REALIVE wrote:Hey, A1tiptop, Have a really nice time at the premiere. Although, no-one else may like being told what happened, you can do it anyway. Because it'll make it even more enjoyable if you point out a few scenes (or something to that effect) and we see it for ourselves.
I think I'll avoid reading and posting to this thread any more. I don't really want to dampen the speculation about the film just because I now know what happens! I'd rather you guys be able to make your guesses and not be tempted to tell you if you're right or wrong.

So.... byeeee!
And I'll stay here till the trail's cold and return again with my meaty gold
You want it! You can't get enough of Hilary Briss and his special stuff...

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:17 pm

Just to say that i have been warned by another pal about the film - "Serafina, Evil Reece Shearsmith is a total sex-case. Take spare knickers is my advice."

Oh darn! I think i may explode. Tara, you must hold my hand at Frightfest - i think i may just be getting my mojo back.

Sefi x

Judee Levinson
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Frolicing in the park with Pierre, throwing Flip flops in a haphazard fashion

Post by Judee Levinson » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:44 pm

oh god, dont say that!!! i may drown in my own drool
ImageImage

Bex
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Bex » Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:01 pm

serafina pekkala wrote:Just to say that i have been warned by another pal about the film - "Serafina, Evil Reece Shearsmith is a total sex-case. Take spare knickers is my advice."

Oh darn! I think i may explode. Tara, you must hold my hand at Frightfest - i think i may just be getting my mojo back.

Sefi x
:shock:

Strap on your skates, girls.
Image Image

Papa's Book Of Wives
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Papa's Book Of Wives » Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:33 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:

maybe for precuations you should take a few pampers fresh with you hun! *sorry had this conversation into the gutters hehe* :lol:

and just incase any of you girlies get so crazed, maybe someone normal person, who won't be corrupted by little titch in a tux, should carry a stun gun for safe measures! :lol:

sway x

Can you ride a sheep?

Judee Levinson
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Judee Levinson » Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:28 pm

ahhh yes, but where would find someone who can resist his charms?
ImageImage

Tender_Lumpling
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tender_Lumpling » Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:58 pm

I don't think I'd be much good. I'd either attempt to hide behind someone taller (I'm 5'3 so shouldn't be too hard) or try and act nonchalent which means I'd just go bright red and stutter a lot or come across as cold and uninterested.

BTW, I wouldn't go round mentioning stun guns. Might give people ideas. :?
"How I feel in my mind
And how I live in the world
They are oceans apart"

Sally

Post by Sally » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:06 pm

Hello.

My name's Sally. Just come across this website for the League. I watched the third seires which I loved, and then got hold of the DVDs of the first two.

So excited about the film. I'll go back through this thread for more info - I'm really torn between wanting to know all about it and not have it spoilt!

Look forward to chatting.

Sally x

Pink Bag of Doom
Local Shop Owner!
Location: Lying on the pavement with Phill. FALLEN ON THE FLOOR!!

Post by Pink Bag of Doom » Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:59 pm

Hi Sally - head over to the Newbie thread in the General Chat forum and introduce yourself if you like! :)
ImageImage
"She's so ugly that when she was born, the hospital put her in an incubator with tinted glass."

WE\'REALIVE

Possible spoiler...or fact?

Post by WE\'REALIVE » Thu May 05, 2005 6:51 am

I've just read the scotsman on the internet, which had an interview with the League about the movie. It doesn't give away any of the movie, only that the name of the series, of which this movie happens (the League moving on), is called The king's evil. It's quite a good read. You should try it, it's quiite niice.

a1tiptop
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by a1tiptop » Thu May 05, 2005 12:25 pm

Within the context of Apocalypse, The King's Evil is actually the name of the *film* the League are writing, not a new series.

BTW - since it's been mentioned by someone else, I've created a mailing list for people who've seen the film called The King's Evil. This list contains some lovely things, such as the production notes for the film (handed out to those of us who went to the preview) and a fan-annotations file. It's also got loads of detailed discussion of the film including quotes and plot.

Now, for those who are going to previews in May, you might want to join the list in order to chat about your views without spoiling anyone who hasn't seen it. The address of the mailing list is:

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/thekingsevil/

This is a moderated membership group due to the highly sensitive nature of the spoilers posted there.

Cheers.
And I'll stay here till the trail's cold and return again with my meaty gold
You want it! You can't get enough of Hilary Briss and his special stuff...