Something Interesting...

Post here with all your LoG related questions and comments!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:36 pm

Judee Levinson wrote:
Hello Dave? wrote:Hehe.
The strange thing is that the BBC have asked The League to do a fourth series, but they've said probably not, because they've finished with Royston Vasey.
A bit odd for them to ask that after so much trouble over series 3.

really? I can understand it though, the bbc is in die need of decent programs. Its a shame if the gents do decide to leave royston vasey as it is. where did you get this info, hello dave?
it has been suggested in many many interviews and well known for some time. i personally won't think it would be that bad if they stopped doing Royston Vasey stuff. Cos i would rather it remained good and in a limited supply then went all rubbish.

Plus - the end of RV doesn't mean end of LoG. They could just do other stuff.

Sefi x

Judee Levinson
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Frolicing in the park with Pierre, throwing Flip flops in a haphazard fashion

Post by Judee Levinson » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:41 pm

serafina pekkala wrote:
it has been suggested in many many interviews and well known for some time. i personally won't think it would be that bad if they stopped doing Royston Vasey stuff. Cos i would rather it remained good and in a limited supply then went all rubbish.

Plus - the end of RV doesn't mean end of LoG. They could just do other stuff.

Sefi x

Thats true! after watching the live at drury lane i think we can expect great things from the gents
ImageImage

a1tiptop
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by a1tiptop » Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:43 pm

I couldn't agree more! I'd love to see the League of Gentlemen come back with a completely new, fresh show! Now that would be something worth waiting for! I just hope that they don't all get too busy with other projects to get together again. Mark's off who-ing, Reece being a proper Shakespearian ak-tor, Steve being "rent-a-character-actor" for every TV and Film going, Jeremy with his long delayed novel...

I also think the BBC thing was really blown out of all proportion and was probably just a spat with the Gents and one or two personalities there. After all, they have all done subsequent projects for the Beeb. If there was that much hard feelings, they'd avoid it wouldn't they. I'm sure Channel 4 would lap them up!
And I'll stay here till the trail's cold and return again with my meaty gold
You want it! You can't get enough of Hilary Briss and his special stuff...

Stonesy
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Stonesy » Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:51 pm

And Jane Roots buggered off.

Its strange because they are all making their mark elsewhere whilst they are still officially a working group, its not like Python where they got famous and went off to do their own thing. If the film dies the death and the League of Gentlemen as a group become pariahs there will still be the possibility that they will do things individually. Its more like the Goodies when they went to ITV (that's not good by the way). I like to think they'll go back to the radio.

a1tiptop
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by a1tiptop » Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:56 pm

Well, Mark already has gone back to the radio - starring in Nebulous. Plus he's always doing audio stuff - he release a CD of his own novel, and has been on various Who-based dramas.

Now if we can only persuade Steve and Reece I'll be happy... :)
If the film dies the death and the League of Gentlemen as a group become pariahs
Please please god don't let that happen. :?

Laura Folds Five
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Laura Folds Five » Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:57 pm

I hope they continue to do their own things inbetween doing stuff together.

[-o< please [-o<

I don't care what it is, write a play and star in it, make a TV show, films, whatever, just stay together.
Like the power rangers, their strengths add up to more as a group.
Yes.

holygiblets

Post by holygiblets » Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:00 pm

Wow, comparing the gents to the Power Rangers :D

Stonesy
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Stonesy » Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:05 pm

Its inevitable that they will want to do something together as it is obvious that they get on with each other well, but its like The Goodies again, what if no one lets them do anything because their film flopped. It'll be highly unlikely that they never work together again its just what form it is in that is in the lap of the gods.

And if nothing else they could get jobs as DVD commentators no bother.

Judee Levinson
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Frolicing in the park with Pierre, throwing Flip flops in a haphazard fashion

Post by Judee Levinson » Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:10 pm

well even if the film flopped, people can appreciate that the gents are comedy geniouses and they wouldnt have trouble finding work. i just hope whatever they do that they stay together
ImageImage

ihateyoumike!

Post by ihateyoumike! » Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:33 am

Thank god this thread has finally got away from the subject of bumming! For me they can't totally leave Vasey behind because of the Papa story. Surely he can't just carry on using people as animals! I have a feeling this will be wrapped up somehow (and hopefully we might learn the TRUTH about who/what Papa is) as most of the other characters had a proper conclusion. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to see the Dentons again!

Stonesy
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Stonesy » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:38 am

I have a feeling you might be a bit disapointed, unfortunately.

Incidentally I have gone on that yahoo thing now, ostensibly to plug my annotations, but also just to see what the crack is with it. Where do you click to have the threads so you can read the first post and then the other posts in order? I couldn't make head nor tail of it.

Hello Dave?
A Local

Post by Hello Dave? » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:22 pm

ihateyoumike! wrote:For me they can't totally leave Vasey behind because of the Papa story. Surely he can't just carry on using people as animals! I have a feeling this will be wrapped up somehow (and hopefully we might learn the TRUTH about who/what Papa is) as most of the other characters had a proper conclusion.
Well, I think the Papa story is good just to be left as one of those unsolved mysteries. That's one of the reasons Papa Lazarou's so great, he's so weird yet you never quite no why, or who/what he is.

In many interviews The League have said that they want to move away from Royston Vasey, yet the four of them still want to work together on other things (possibly more films!). So I think there's no worries on that front.

Bex
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Bex » Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:36 pm

There's no way the Gents will ever conclude anything in Vasey completely - especially Papa. As Reece says on the series three commentary, you don't give away anything when you expand a character, you just make it more confusing & give more information instead.
Image Image

a1tiptop
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by a1tiptop » Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:44 pm

I agree with Bex. And in a way, I like the open-ended questions that some of the story-lines give you. What happens to Barbara's children? Did Benjamin ever leave? What about the Dentons?

It asks the viewer to think, and draw their own conclusions.

Re the Y!Group. It's a mailing list, not a forum, so there aren't topics and threads like there are on here. You really have to read it for a while to get into it, as the concept is so different. And what is the crack about the group? Does it have a crack? Oo er!

Judee Levinson
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Judee Levinson » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:48 am

I adore the dentons, but i like how their 'story' ends the way it does - it leaves us guessing. thats the beauty of the lofg - they dont give you enough info, and i think its better to leave us guessing then conclude everything.
ImageImage