The best LoG Performance EVER!?

Post here with all your LoG related questions and comments!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Their best is obviously....

Series 1
6%
Series 2
32%
Xmas Special
21%
Live at Drury Lane
10%
Series 3
26%
ART
1%
On the Town... (Radio)
4%

Total votes: 134

scumbellina

Post by scumbellina » Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:55 am

i was talking to my friend yesterday and we agree that the christmas special should have been a movie, its so amazing!

they could of made it a little longer with a few more stories!

Judee Levinson
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Frolicing in the park with Pierre, throwing Flip flops in a haphazard fashion

Post by Judee Levinson » Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:59 am

i keep changing my mind, but i think series 1 is the funniest, series 2 has the best characters, the christmas special is the best thing they've ever done, and series 3 is the most interesting, with touches of genious. dont know what my favourite is though!
ImageImage

scumbellina

Post by scumbellina » Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:02 pm

i know what you mean...i watched series2 and the christmas special yesterday and it leaves you wanting more...i need to watch all of them now!

sugar_nips
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by sugar_nips » Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:50 pm

well were watching the fim today!

and if your extra nice to me like bringing me more parma violets - I might let you watch some series one!

scumbellina

Post by scumbellina » Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:35 pm

sugar_nips wrote:well were watching the fim today!

and if your extra nice to me like bringing me more parma violets - I might let you watch some series one!
Im so happy we are seeing it again......im sure i can find you MORE parma violets to bribe you with!

VoodooLinzi
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by VoodooLinzi » Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:55 pm

I voted for the Xmas special, way back when when I first joined here, and it still remains my favourite thing. Not just my favourite League thing - but possibly my favourite piece of television ever. It's just perfect - I love the fact that it's more horror based than the rest of their work (not that I don't love the comedy!) and I adore all three stories.

It's even better than the film, in my honest opinion! I want another one! :D

cupid stunt
Local Shop Owner!

Post by cupid stunt » Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:09 pm

They could do a Halloween special. :D

sugar_nips
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by sugar_nips » Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:32 pm

I think they should do a whole film like the christmas special

Sarah Chinnery
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Sarah Chinnery » Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:39 pm

I did choose Series 1 as my fave League performance & after watching it again on BBC2 these past few weeks, its made my mind up even more! :D
It just reminds me of becoming a fan of them, finding stuff out about them & it just holds good memories for me really, all their characters are fresh & new in it & they're at their best in series 1 to me really....although series 2 is a close second! :D

Bex
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Bex » Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:07 pm

Sarah Chinnery wrote: It just reminds me of becoming a fan of them, finding stuff out about them & it just holds good memories for me really, all their characters are fresh & new in it & they're at their best in series 1 to me really.
I totally understand what you mean there. I love series one because it's great to beable to say you were a fan from the beginning, & it reminds me of being totally impressed aswell.
I remember watching the very first joke with my parents [Francis Cox reading Benjamin's letter on the train] & my mum absolutely howling with laughter.
It was just so revolutionary, in my eyes. I'm an obsessive Python fan & had always wished I could have been around when it first aired to see the genuine responses it got for being like nothing else on TV. To me, witnessing the beginning of the League on TV was kinda similar.
& there's not been anything like it since.
Image Image

Sarah Chinnery
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Sarah Chinnery » Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:07 pm

Bex wrote:
Sarah Chinnery wrote: It just reminds me of becoming a fan of them, finding stuff out about them & it just holds good memories for me really, all their characters are fresh & new in it & they're at their best in series 1 to me really.
I totally understand what you mean there. I love series one because it's great to beable to say you were a fan from the beginning, & it reminds me of being totally impressed aswell.
I remember watching the very first joke with my parents [Francis Cox reading Benjamin's letter on the train] & my mum absolutely howling with laughter.
It was just so revolutionary, in my eyes. I'm an obsessive Python fan & had always wished I could have been around when it first aired to see the genuine responses it got for being like nothing else on TV. To me, witnessing the beginning of the League on TV was kinda similar.
& there's not been anything like it since.
I completely agree! :D I watched the first episode with my Mum too! :lol: She loved that Train sketch, we laughed our heads off! & I thought at the time, to make me laugh straight away, this is gonna be good! :D
I know how you feel on the fan from the very beginning stuff too. I'm a obcessive fan of The Kids In The Hall & I couldn't be a fan of them from the very beginning, so League as sort of filled that gap! :D

Tubbs
A Local

Post by Tubbs » Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:13 pm

i have made my mind up, i think series one is my favourite because it introduces you to all the characters and has my favourite bits like Pauline being horrible to Ross in the job centre, Tubbs and Edward killing strangers and the bit with the roadmen covered in tar, Edward playing the bongo's and Tubbs dancing is so bizarre yet hilarious to watch, Hilary and the 'special stuff', Bernice, the Dentons and Geoff, Mike and Brian. This is closly followed by series 2 though, which also has great characters and continues the story of s1.
But i still think 3 is cleverest series they have done because of the detail like the charity shop still having the Papa Lazarou poster,and the way the endings meet, pure genious! :D
ImageImageImage

Judee Levinson
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Frolicing in the park with Pierre, throwing Flip flops in a haphazard fashion

Post by Judee Levinson » Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:58 pm

i think the characters from the first series are not as funny in the second series, but saying that, the second series introduces some of their best characters
ImageImage

sugar_nips
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by sugar_nips » Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:27 pm

series 2 has papa lazarou and pam doove it will always have a special place in my heart but then again so does matthew in them pants!

I am his wife now
Local Shop Owner!

Post by I am his wife now » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:21 pm

Probably serise two. Papa Lazarou (obviusly), tubbs and edward and the all the Job center sketches where great.
Image Image