The Fans' Top 10 League Characters

Post here with all your LoG related questions and comments!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

misstoadfacedenton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by misstoadfacedenton » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:13 pm

ihateyoumike! wrote:
4. Pop ('what is da matter wiv you!')
something good happen here, something good!

*wags tongue out Pop style*

=D>

Jack G_TOLF

Post by Jack G_TOLF » Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:10 pm

This too hard but has anyone noticed the type of characters the league play and our responses to them.

I challenge you to name one Reece Shearsmith character you warm to. I find it impossible. Even Ross and Benjamin have their flaws and are undearing don't you think? I suppose with the amount of Reece lovers here that may be controversial.

As for Marks characters, i appreciate his characters such as stump hole cavarns dude, ned, dr.chinnery and the corpse shagging dude from series three, as well crafted almost Alan Bennett northern tragics. I think you admire them more then steve and reece's characters to whom you can go nuts for.

As for Steve i feel as though you can warm to his character much more then anything reece or mark play. Theirs a certain amount of love towards Tubbs, Mr.Denton and even Herr Lipp. You can't help feeling sorry for them. I think if Reece had played these characters it would of been a different story and his suppressed anger would of came through, you wouldn't of sympathised with them the way you do when steve plays them.

S
Local Shop Owner!

Post by S » Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:16 pm

What are Benjamin's flaws...? :-s
-------
As for Steve i feel as though you can warm to his character much more then anything reece or mark play. Theirs a certain amount of love towards Tubbs, Mr.Denton and even Herr Lipp. You can't help feeling sorry for them. I think if Reece had played these characters it would of been a different story and his suppressed anger would of came through, you wouldn't of sympathised with them the way you do when steve plays them.
I agree. :)

Jack G_TOLF

Post by Jack G_TOLF » Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:11 pm

Not really so much as flaws but say when he trying to escape or when he stands up to the Dentons i, personnally, never root for him. I think this is partially because you can't help but like the Dentons so when he fights against them you can't help saying, well your aunty and uncle are just doing what the believe in.

Ill On Thursdays

Post by Ill On Thursdays » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:00 am

Benjamin is the only normal character in Royston Vasey...lol.

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:51 am

Jack G_TOLF wrote:This too hard but has anyone noticed the type of characters the league play and our responses to them.

I challenge you to name one Reece Shearsmith character you warm to. I find it impossible. Even Ross and Benjamin have their flaws and are undearing don't you think? I suppose with the amount of Reece lovers here that may be controversial.
i understand what you mean jack about all 3.

Reece's characters tend to be have some kind of demented anger or frustrated cruel streak but also strangely charismatic too. I don't think he wants to do 'nice' probably cos he looks so benign and sweet and little in real life. But i warm to Benjamin very very much *ahhh*. And have a certain fond sympathy for Judee, Rich and for Geoff even thought they are very flawed.

Sefi x

Laura Folds Five
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Laura Folds Five » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:42 pm

Geoff is probably the character I care about the most, warm to, whatever you want to call it. But apart from that I can see what Jack's saying, especially about Mark.

Jack G_TOLF

Post by Jack G_TOLF » Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:09 pm

but also strangely charismatic too
Yeah! That's it! Thats what i was trying to say when i went "go nuts for." Papa Lazaru is the best example i can think of this, who would of thought such a handsome little man could also be a charasmatic devil-esque pimp.

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:57 am

DING - that is the right answer - PAM DOOVE, of course - *applause for PNW* ... how could i forget lovely wee Pam - looks just like a friend of mine too (weird - she is really pretty but reminds me of Pam. I would never tell her she looked like a man in drag but she has the same smile and rosy cheeks and everything)

Sefi x

Aino
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Aino » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:44 pm

serafina pekkala wrote:DING - that is the right answer - PAM DOOVE, of course - *applause for PNW* ... how could i forget lovely wee Pam - looks just like a friend of mine too (weird - she is really pretty but reminds me of Pam. I would never tell her she looked like a man in drag but she has the same smile and rosy cheeks and everything)

Sefi x
Hehhee! :D I also have a friend who reminds me of sweet Pam Doove. 8)

Bex
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Bex » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:36 pm

Jesus Christ. This is going to be difficult. Expect high amounts of editing...

1. Papa/Keith.
2. Hilary.
3. Vinnie & Reenie.
4. Herr Lipp.
5. Tubbs & Edward.
4. Ollie Plimsoles .
5. Pam Doove.
6. Pauline & Ross.
7. Val & Harvey.
8. Mr Chinnery.
9. Geoff Tipps.
10. Peter Foot.

...11. Lisgoe [Purely for asthetic reasons :wink:]
Image Image

Dark Rum

Post by Dark Rum » Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:57 pm

My top ten characters................

1. Papa Lazarou
2. Tubbs Tattysyrup
3. Edward Tattysyrup
4. Pauline Campbell-Jones
5. Mickey (love) Michaels
6. Les McQueen
7. Hilary Briss
8. Herr Lipp
9. Dr. Matthew Chinnery
10. Geoff Tipps
:D

The_Worminator

Post by The_Worminator » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:40 pm

1. Papa Lazarou
2. Edward Tattsyrup
3. Tubbs Tattsyrup
4. Dean Tavalouris
5. Ollie Plimsoles
6. Hilary Briss
7. Dr. Carlton
8. Bernice Woodall
9. The Dentons (yes, cheating, I know)
10. Pauline Campbell-Jones

steph90

Post by steph90 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:56 pm

only 10 thats harsh!......

1)bernice
2)papa/keith
3)geoff
4)ross, pauline and mickey (sorry i know its cheeting but i cant help it)
5)stella and charlie
6)ollie plimsoles
7)dean
8)hilary briss
9)herr lip
10)henry and ally

Judee Levinson
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Frolicing in the park with Pierre, throwing Flip flops in a haphazard fashion

Post by Judee Levinson » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:20 pm

wow this is tough! but i felt compelled to join so here goes:

1. Papa/Keith
2. Ollie Plimsoles
3. Pawline
4. Bernice
5. Herr Lipp
6. Geoff Tipps
7. The Dentons (sorry, I had to cheat)
8. Tubbs and Edward (well, I've started cheating so..)
9. Vinnie and Reenie
10. Hilary Briss
ImageImage