Comments on series three?

Post here with all your LoG related questions and comments!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Opinions on series three.

The bestest
54%
Just as good
35%
Not as good
11%
Embaressing
No votes

Total votes: 37

aromatic spices

Comments on series three?

Post by aromatic spices » Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:38 pm

So many people i spoke to really disliked series three. Well no, just got all analytical about how it wasnt as funny and why. I loved it at the time just because it was new new material and i was all exited.

People didnt like the theme tune either.

THey said its structure was predictable but i thought it was clever. Ish. And i thought....what did i think?.....well i bought it. And showed it my friend for the first time and its her fave now. I think its funny. Funny commentaries in series three too.

What do you lot think anyway? :?

Laura Folds Five
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Laura Folds Five » Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:50 pm

I love it! I love all three series, I don't really understand how a person can like one and not another. They all essentially have the same feel and style of humour, cause they're by the same people.
And I like the theme tune too. Why do some people want things to stay the same forever?

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:58 pm

Series 3 was the best for me ... and i LOVE the theme tune. It took me a bit to get 'into' it cos it was different but by epsiode 3 i was full of awe and wonder at the sheer brilliance of it all ... and still continue to do so to this day.

Anyone who can't see that is someone i cannot understand. :lol:

Sefi x

Reenie

Post by Reenie » Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:13 pm

I love the third series too. It's very funny and very clever, with all the inter-connecting stories. 8) I have a bit of a soft spot for the first series, especially the first episode where all the characters are introduced ('You did it beautifully, Tubbs!' :lol: ), but I could watch every episode of every series over and over again and never get sick of it.

And although there are elements of the first two series that creep me out, i.e The Dentons and Pop, I've never actually been really scared until I saw 'The One Armed Man Is King.' That episode terrified me, and I don't even know why. :?

And as for the theme music, sometimes I miss the trumpets, but it's still pretty cool. 8)

Cheers, Reenie xoxo

VoodooLinzi
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by VoodooLinzi » Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:17 pm

I voted for just as good. I don't actually have a favourite series out of the three (the Xmas spesh is by far the best thing, imo). Series 3 had it's bad points, but overall I thought it was a fantastic idea. And the DVD is the best, esp. the commentaries for Series 3 :D

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:19 pm

Series 3 is fantastic.Everything Changes.

To be honest,had season three just been the same as the previous two it would been a bit repetative.Season three had a brillant concept which worked 100%,it also had a stronger narrative.As fantastic as the first two series are,I always feel that they are more sketches than stories despite the road/nosebleed thread.the Gents have said as much themselves.

Of course it is all still fantastic! :lol:

Fat Pen

Post by Fat Pen » Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:44 pm

I think it was a good decision the make. The format needed a change, because I got the feeling that they were running a bit dry in series 3. I was good, but nothing can live up to series 1 for me.

Papa's Book Of Wives
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Papa's Book Of Wives » Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:03 pm

I loved series 3! I was really, really gud! lol
Have to admit that I didn't like the new theme tune as much though! And the layout got a little getting used too. But I really enjoyed the new characters, and it was nice for a lot of the old charcaters to get alot of screen time and their own storyline.

soph x

Can you ride a sheep?

Tubbs get undressed
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Holding Ross hostage at the Job Centre.. ah sellotape has so many uses

Post by Tubbs get undressed » Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:43 pm

Some people in Hadders were saying they were massivly disappointed about series 3

FOOOOOLS!!!!!

Series 3 is great
Is that why i have to wash my face with a potato?

Kind of like a .. David .. Brown.

aromatic spices

Post by aromatic spices » Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:01 pm

Thank you. Its easy to overanalyse, which, geek that i am, i have done many times. And its spot on, people would complain just as much if it was 'exactly the same' as the first two as they do through change. Infact it just reveals the POINT doesnt it? People just cant stand strange new ideas that change old ones. Tut. :roll:

On reflection, it is really, really good int it? Yeah tis. Cool-ma-jool.

S
Local Shop Owner!

Post by S » Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:20 pm

I can imaging that it's great...
And that's all I can do :( ...

Egregious
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Egregious » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:33 am

Series three was great - I loved the change in format. It was different, yet the humour and the 'feel' of the show remained the same. I tend to think that what ever the gents did in the third series, they would have received criticism - they did things a bit differently, and people didn't like it, yet if they had stuck to the same format as in the first two series they would have been labelled 'stale'. It's the fickle nature of the entertainment industry - you can't please everyone.

Oh, and I also love the music - great for dancing around the loungeroom like a twat!

misstoadfacedenton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by misstoadfacedenton » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:14 am

series 3 is fantastic. it was great to see new characters come in and the depth that some of the characters were given gave the whole series an edge. lovely music throughout too (theme tune nice & funky too!)

ps. has anyone else found the 'hidden extra' on the s3 dvd?
i recently discovered it (a little st.chistopher symbol pops up on the main menu and when you click on it it takes you to a behind the scenes section filmed by steve) x

Morti
Local Shop Owner!
Location: The place they eat their dead...also known as Nottingham.

Post by Morti » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:29 am

Yeah, there is a topic thingy on here somewhere about Easter Eggs (hidden extras). Have a looksy and you may be pleasantly suprised!! :D

EDIT: Go here.... http://www.lofg.com/forums/viewtopic.ph ... eggs#19692
Revenge is better than Christmas...

"I'm lying there thinking: 'Will this pleasure never end?'"

Owen Fallowfield
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Owen Fallowfield » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:51 am

The third series did it for me! It took a few viewing in order for me to get into it as I had been so used to the Gents approach for the first and the second series. Why S3? Far more creative, in-depth storyline for certain characters not forgetting introducing new and innovative characters to the show. The soundtrack to the series was amazing as well! :D