Comments on series three?

Post here with all your LoG related questions and comments!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Opinions on series three.

The bestest
54%
Just as good
35%
Not as good
11%
Embaressing
No votes

Total votes: 37

a1tiptop
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by a1tiptop » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:01 pm

Bex wrote:Although no one will ever persuade me that it's better than the Xmas Spesh. That thing is probably my favourite hour of drama in the entire worrrld.
I couldn't agree more!

RE the theme tune - I like it. I liked it when I first heard it. But it's not sinister like the original is, and I like sinister things! That may just be me.
And I'll stay here till the trail's cold and return again with my meaty gold
You want it! You can't get enough of Hilary Briss and his special stuff...

Judee Levinson
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Frolicing in the park with Pierre, throwing Flip flops in a haphazard fashion

Post by Judee Levinson » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:10 pm

i agree with you, a1. i like the theme tune for series 3 but the original is sinister, so thats why i probably prefer it. but i think the new theme tune is better suited for the third series
ImageImage

Stonesy
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Stonesy » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:29 pm

You haven't watched enough 70s horror films. I think that was part of the point of the new theme tune, it was the same thing only different and it signalled that that was how the series was going to be. Compare the music for the original Hammer Dracula with the music for the Satanic Rites of Dracula for example. It was spot on I thought.

Bex
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Bex » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:17 pm

Stonesy wrote:You haven't watched enough 70s horror films. I think that was part of the point of the new theme tune, it was the same thing only different and it signalled that that was how the series was going to be. Compare the music for the original Hammer Dracula with the music for the Satanic Rites of Dracula for example. It was spot on I thought.
Agreeing all the way.

The new theme music was a warning [although I don't think that's the right word] to everyone watching that this series was going to be a little different, but hopefully still on the same tracks.
I love the computery, funkier edge that it has in comparison to the old theme. I don't think it was the orchestral side to the theme that made it sinister, it was just the actual tune. The tune's still there, only alot of more modern, contemporary & fresh ways of playing it have been added, which is completely what the whole of series three was about. [ie looking at the characters from a fresh perspective.]

God, I really did gobble there. Forgive me, it's just hard to describe music in words I think.
Image Image

Judee Levinson
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Frolicing in the park with Pierre, throwing Flip flops in a haphazard fashion

Post by Judee Levinson » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:25 pm

i think u explained that really well actually, bex! the best description of the new theme tune is funky
ImageImage