Comments on series three?

Post here with all your LoG related questions and comments!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Opinions on series three.

The bestest
54%
Just as good
35%
Not as good
11%
Embaressing
No votes

Total votes: 37

Tubbs get undressed
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Holding Ross hostage at the Job Centre.. ah sellotape has so many uses

Post by Tubbs get undressed » Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:17 pm

I liked the theme tune for the series 3 but i loved the other theme tune, it was more dark and Royston Vaseyish
Is that why i have to wash my face with a potato?

Kind of like a .. David .. Brown.

Jenny\'s Toilet

Post by Jenny\'s Toilet » Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:05 pm

Series 3 is my favourite, I love the other two but it's just so new and different to well.. anything! There is nothing on TV like it, nobody goes to as much effort as the gents and the theme toon is rockin 8)

S
Local Shop Owner!

Post by S » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:26 pm

Tubbs get undressed wrote:I liked the theme tune for the series 3 but i loved the other theme tune, it was more dark and Royston Vaseyish
Yes, I agree.

Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:57 pm

series 3 was the series that got me into liking the gents. it did catch me out when i fist turned over to the scene with pauline and ross, but i gave it a week and watched the next installment and loved it!
You're the Christmas, promising the summer

x_x_caitlin_x_x

Post by x_x_caitlin_x_x » Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:49 pm

i don't know what series i prefer!!
I do love them all but sometimes it's
series 2 but others series 3 !!
It depends what mood I'm in :lol:

S
Local Shop Owner!

Post by S » Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:43 pm

x_x_caitlin_x_x wrote:i don't know what series i prefer!!
I do love them all but sometimes it's
series 2 but others series 3 !!
It depends what mood I'm in :lol:
Same here! :D
It's funny that they are very different for eich other but still both so goooooooooooood!

x_x_caitlin_x_x

Post by x_x_caitlin_x_x » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:44 pm

yeah!! :D lol !
i'm gonna watch the live dvd tonight :)
Feel like i haven't seen it in ages!!

Mr Inglebury\'s neice

series 3

Post by Mr Inglebury\'s neice » Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:47 pm

The first two series were absolute classics - no question. I would say that the third series was experimental - in parts it had a touch of genius. I think the first thing that strikes me about no.3 are the contidictions. The funked up version of the theme tune, was bound to p***some people off. Already I got to thinking, are the gents trying to alienate some of their fanbase?
I think this is where I'm having the difficulties, with the publicity for the film. The gents are trying to reach as wide an audience as possible, yet they seemed to want to alienate people in series 3.
As I have said elsewhere, I found some of the scenes in series 3, too violent. It wasn't pantomime violence, that is at least amusing. This violence was brutal and sadistic.

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:28 am

Always series three for me!

Judee Levinson
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Frolicing in the park with Pierre, throwing Flip flops in a haphazard fashion

Post by Judee Levinson » Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:50 pm

I absolutely love series 3, its so different and thats why its good. i must admit, at first i didnt like it, but it grew on me, the same goes with te theme tune. at first i was horrified but got used to it, and now i really like it, but i still prefer the theme tune for the first two series, its darker and creepy.
ImageImage

spice_world

Post by spice_world » Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:55 pm

i think they had to do series 3 different to the rest. if they didn't it would not be the show it is, instead it would have become repetitive like the fast show or little britain, they needed to change the format and introduce new characters to stay new and fresh. as a result many people's favourite characters, Edward and tubbs, hilary briss, dr chinnery and les mcqueen are not in it, and thats the reason why i think many people don't like it as much. i also think those that don't like it don't understand why it was needed and the cleverness behind it.

Judee Levinson
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Frolicing in the park with Pierre, throwing Flip flops in a haphazard fashion

Post by Judee Levinson » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:04 pm

i wholeheartedly agree, spice world!
ImageImage

Foamy
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Foamy » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:24 pm

I loved series 3. It was the first one I saw so I didn't get some of it but it was still good. I liked the music. It suited the series better than if it was the series 1 or 2 music on series 3. :D

ihateyoumike!

Post by ihateyoumike! » Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:31 pm

I love all the series, but I think series 3 is the best. However, my opinions tend to change. Actually, I'd probably rate series 2 & 3 the same and series 1 my least favourite (not that I don't think it's brilliant!).

I remember before watching series 3 thinking 'oh no, the dreaded 3rd series, this is where they're going to go off the rails, I can feel it!' and I was totally blown away, particularly by the first 2 episodes. I knew nothing about the series, which probably helped. I was blown away by Papa's return. Two of the best scenes the League have ever done are in episode 2 (the morgue guy and the Last Chance Saloon).

Bex
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Bex » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:27 pm

I don't understand why no one likes the series three theme tune. I adore it, just as if it were an ordinary piece of music.

Infact, I have all the series three music on my iPod & love listening to it when I'm 'oot & aboot.

Series three is the best series because of the introduction of some of my favourite characters [see sig], the funky music & the GENIUS format/plot threads.

Although no one will ever persuade me that it's better than the Xmas Spesh. That thing is probably my favourite hour of drama in the entire worrrld.
Image Image