SAVE ROYSTON VASEY PROTEST!!!

Got some hot news on the League that nobody else knows about? Well don't keep it to yourself!!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

a1tiptop
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by a1tiptop » Mon May 30, 2005 11:38 am

Way to Blue promotions, who've done most of the promotional activity for the film. Looks pants actually. http://www.vasey1325.co.uk/
And I'll stay here till the trail's cold and return again with my meaty gold
You want it! You can't get enough of Hilary Briss and his special stuff...

sugar_nips
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by sugar_nips » Mon May 30, 2005 11:40 am

So it is kinda offical then -I just didn't want it to be a couple of obessed fans(although I guess thats what we are)

jessie
Local Shop Owner!
Location: Underneath the Laurence Llewelyn Bowen memorial patio!

Post by jessie » Mon May 30, 2005 2:14 pm

So is the protest 5 mins long?
ImageImage

holygiblets

Post by holygiblets » Mon May 30, 2005 3:10 pm

This all sounds very intriguing... I wonder if anyone will *actually* stand there and shout.... I will if others will! If I just stand there on my todd yelling I think I might get arrested!

EDIT - This just sounds like a Flashmob to me.... I wonder if anyone will document it!

EDIT II - For the people who are going.... keep a look out for me! I'll be the tall one wearing a long black coat, with long black hair and big black boots (not difficult to miss me!) I'll be with a tall blonde bloke wearing a hat... I know it says "keep secret" but it wouldn't hurt to recognise a few faces from here!!!

Fill Her Up Tubbs

Post by Fill Her Up Tubbs » Mon May 30, 2005 5:17 pm

I'm going to try and plan my lunch around it so i can meet my boyfriend there.

I'll make him make signs

a1tiptop
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by a1tiptop » Mon May 30, 2005 5:23 pm

It IS a Flashmob. It's not really secret. There will be cameras on hand to document it and the film will be used to promote Apocalypse. So if you want to be famous for 5 minutes, make a placard. Or something...
And I'll stay here till the trail's cold and return again with my meaty gold
You want it! You can't get enough of Hilary Briss and his special stuff...

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Tue May 31, 2005 1:38 pm

Tara just rang me and said it was the most embarrassing thing ever. Lots of people apparently, 'cos there was a thing in the paper about it, and they were all shouting and jostling to get filmed... Tara and Shaz ran away apparently... :D
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

Herr_Lipp\'s_Lover

Post by Herr_Lipp\'s_Lover » Tue May 31, 2005 2:23 pm

I didn't join in, because I wanted some photos, which I will post up here later this week!

There must have been about 200 people there, some great banners there, very loud, shouting "Save Royston Vasey". After 5 minutes, everyone disappeared, leaving 2 girls sitting there eating there lunch thinking "what the *beep*!?"

Some official type photographers were there taking pics, wonder what they will be used for! I'll post my pics as soon as I can!

holygiblets

Post by holygiblets » Tue May 31, 2005 7:24 pm

Phew! Now that was FUN!!! About 80 people turned up all of a sudden and started yelling "SAVE ROYSTON VASEY!" with big banners and then completley disappeared! I managed to get some good photos, which I'll post here for your viewing pleasure. I wonder what all the cameras were for though and where the footage/photos will appear!!

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Aino
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Aino » Tue May 31, 2005 7:28 pm

holygiblets - Those pics are great! :D Thanks!

lil.miss.denton

Post by lil.miss.denton » Tue May 31, 2005 8:11 pm

wow, i got an email about this and was really looking forward to going. but i have finals at university and had to go there instead.

looks like you had a good time though!

SAVE ROYSTON VASEY!

lost

Post by lost » Tue May 31, 2005 10:04 pm

im in one of those pictures!

holygiblets

Post by holygiblets » Tue May 31, 2005 10:48 pm

lost wrote:im in one of those pictures!
Where?? It's a shame I don't know many faces from here otherwise I could have said hi!!

holygiblets

Post by holygiblets » Tue May 31, 2005 11:01 pm

Reeces_Ladee wrote:wow! what happend after all that?
Once everyone stopped yelling, some bloke shouted "GO!" and everyone ran off. Literally.

holygiblets

Post by holygiblets » Tue May 31, 2005 11:04 pm

Reeces_Ladee wrote:why was you all yelling to save royston vasey?
Because there's an impending apocolypse :D