Apocalypse Live Commentary - 29th September 2005

Got some hot news on the League that nobody else knows about? Well don't keep it to yourself!!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

cupid stunt
Local Shop Owner!

Post by cupid stunt » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:01 pm

Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer wrote:They recorded it so hopefully it will end up on a Special Edition of LOGA but surely this one will have an '18' certificate - they can't bleep out all those reference to 'c*** eyes' because about 20 minutes of the commentary would be lost!
According to DVDtimes, the commentary on the DVD was actually censored to keep it at a 15-rating. I can't believe I'll have to listen to a League commentary with bleeps. I HATE bleeps. :x

Hopefully if there is a special edition, there'll be no silly bleeps. And more extras.

Lottie
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Lottie » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:49 pm

cupid stunt wrote:
Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer wrote:They recorded it so hopefully it will end up on a Special Edition of LOGA but surely this one will have an '18' certificate - they can't bleep out all those reference to 'c*** eyes' because about 20 minutes of the commentary would be lost!
According to DVDtimes, the commentary on the DVD was actually censored to keep it at a 15-rating. I can't believe I'll have to listen to a League commentary with bleeps. I HATE bleeps. :x

Hopefully if there is a special edition, there'll be no silly bleeps. And more extras.
I think Reece said that they mentioned c**t eyes on the DVD commentary but the c-word has been bleeped :evil: (it's not as if any of us haven't heard the word before for gods sake!!). I really hope they do release a special edition with the live commentary on it (hey, maybe we need to do another petition!!). As everyone else has said, I haven't laughed so much in ages, and I know I've probably forgotten most of what they said & would love to hear it all again. It's probably the best thing I've ever seen & I feel so privileged to have watched their movie with them, as I didn't get to go the NFT screening.
ImageImage

VoodooLinzi
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by VoodooLinzi » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:51 pm

It's already been said on the yahoo group (I think by PBJ?) that the live commentary WAS being recorded for something, so perhaps a Special Edition of the DVD? No idea when that'll be out though. :?
Last edited by VoodooLinzi on Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:55 pm

I didn't realise it was definite. It'll probably be ages off but in the meantime we can listen to the non-live commentary and I am happy with that. Jealous of you lot who were there though so when it comes out and you are listening to the commentary you can think 'I was there when this was recorded'!

Argh! The dvd will be arriving soon!!!!
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!

Laura Folds Five
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Laura Folds Five » Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:04 pm

So, did some of you talk to Mark outside afterwards?

Lottie
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Lottie » Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:04 pm

VoodooLinzi wrote:It's already been said (I think by PBJ?) that the live commentary WAS being recorded for something, so perhaps a Special Edition of the DVD? No idea when that'll be out though. :?
Image Yay! So pleased it's definite! Yet another thing to find money for but I'm not complaining at all. I can't wait to hear it again, I just hope I can't hear my own cackling laugh on it :oops: I just got an email from Amazon to say they've posted Apocalypse to me today too!
ImageImage

Laura Folds Five
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Laura Folds Five » Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:05 pm

Me too, why isn't there post on a Sunday?? :cry:

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:14 pm

Lottie wrote: Yay! So pleased it's definite! Yet another thing to find money for but I'm not complaining at all. I can't wait to hear it again, I just hope I can't hear my own cackling laugh on it :oops: I just got an email from Amazon to say they've posted Apocalypse to me today too!
I'd love to be able to hear my own laughter on a dvd. Although it would have to be a pretty unusual laugh for you to recognise it and that's not a good thing to have is it?

Argh really? *off to check email*
Edit: Aaaarrgggh! I not got one from them!!! :(
Edit again: On their website it does say it's been dispatched though. Yay. Bit annoyed they have now lowered the price but if I get it sooner then it's worth it.

Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:13 pm

VoodooLinzi wrote:It's already been said on the yahoo group (I think by PBJ?) that the live commentary WAS being recorded for something, so perhaps a Special Edition of the DVD? No idea when that'll be out though. :?
They may end up putting it as an extra on the live dvd of the "Behind You Tour" perhaps? Thats always an option to look out for.
You're the Christmas, promising the summer

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:22 pm

Oh yeah. I expect they'll do that. Kewel.

Lottie
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Lottie » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:56 pm

Beast wrote:I'd love to be able to hear my own laughter on a dvd. Although it would have to be a pretty unusual laugh for you to recognise it and that's not a good thing to have is it?
I guess at least I'd know I was definitely there (I was pinching myself all evening, I couldn't quite believe I was actually there, with them :D ). But my laugh's not that bad really, although I have been called a witch for cackling before now (by people who've had a sense of humour by-pass, ie non League fans!!lol).
ImageImage

Clive_Evil_C

Post by Clive_Evil_C » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:39 am

Do you think they might put it on as a DVD-ROM only extra, where u have to go online to listen? Although I'm sure universal might just use it as an excuse to re release the DVD, these studios need little encouragement now a days! :cry:

Tracy
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tracy » Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:15 am

What a fantastic night! When they came in the cinema and I saw Steve, I went rigid in my chair and just stared :oops: :lol: . Absolutely loved the commentary (esp. all the bits people have mentioned so far), and the bit about the rice krispies being used for sores (sorry to anyone eating their brekkie!). Great meeting everyone, and thanks Clive for helping me steal that huuuuge poster :wink: . Managed to get a few pics - sorry about the quality (or lack of, rather)...

ImageImageImage

Clive_Evil_C

Post by Clive_Evil_C » Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:19 am

[quote="Tracy"] thanks Clive for helping me steal that huuuuge poster :wink: [ /quote]

Tee Hee, well I hope it's gone to a good home tracy!

misstoadfacedenton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by misstoadfacedenton » Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:31 pm

sounds like it you all had super night! likes the pictures.

and i've gotta just mention.......
Voodoo Lady wrote:=Hides the crisps=

Nothing! :shock:
hahahahaha! that really made me chuckle VL. man, do we know how to party! :lol: