Apocalypse Live Commentary - 29th September 2005

Got some hot news on the League that nobody else knows about? Well don't keep it to yourself!!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:24 am

They were pointing a camera directly at us at one point. Hope there's no footage of the people in front glaring at me and Linzi... :D

Anyway, I know this is very late, on account of spending most of the weekend making severed heads and entrails (yes, really - I insist on showing everyone photos at the signing later! :P), but yay for the live commentary! It was just such an amazing thing - I'm so glad we got in! Mark looked so gorgeous in his scarf, especially at the beginning when it was all tied up and the batteries in my camera wouldn't work so I couldn't take a picture (Note to Mark: Pleeeeease wear the scarf again today!!).

Lots of things haven't been mentioned - just been reminded of the fact that real Reece was originally going to be smoking drugs when it showed him in his flat ("who are we trying to kid??"). :D Also Reece doing the joke about the monster being hard to work with again, and us deciding later that the reason he keeps telling it is because he thought the monster was real. :P

But I've suddenly got over-excited again and am struggling to remember anything. Just.... yay!!! And it was lovely to see everyone! (and how pissed off must the people in the queue behind us have been as the queue steadily grew sideways where we were...? :D)
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

VoodooLinzi
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by VoodooLinzi » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:26 pm

ratgirl wrote:(Lots of things haven't been mentioned - just been reminded of the fact that real Reece was originally going to be smoking drugs when it showed him in his flat ("who are we trying to kid??"). :D
Oh my good god, I'd forgotten that! Hahaha, thanks Sarah! If there is footage of us laughing I will just die. :D

(Can you send me pictures of entrails too? Wanna see!!)

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:39 pm

Teehee. Will do - they really look great. The severed heads actually look REAL!! :shock:

Incidentally, is anyone on here an expert on cleaning up audio files? I really need help! You know, with getting rid of crackling, people laughing, that sort of thing...

*looks very innocent*
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

Kino
Local Shop Owner!
Location: In Robot Hell, tormenting the damned with my up-tempo singing and dancing

Post by Kino » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:10 pm

Good grief! Did you record some of it? You naughty girl!

................. :)

VoodooLinzi
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by VoodooLinzi » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:19 pm

Kino wrote:Did you record some of it?
Some of it?? *giggles innocently* ;)

cupid stunt
Local Shop Owner!

Post by cupid stunt » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:22 pm

ratgirl wrote: Incidentally, is anyone on here an expert on cleaning up audio files? I really need help! You know, with getting rid of crackling, people laughing, that sort of thing...
If you recorded it I am sure many people here will be very happy!

I'm no expert, but I have cleaned up/edited audio files before on this program I borrowed off the internet. It depends how bad the excess noise is though.

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:30 am

cupid stunt wrote: I'm no expert, but I have cleaned up/edited audio files before on this program I borrowed off the internet. It depends how bad the excess noise is though.
I managed to do a couple of things with a freebie programme - made the laughing quieter and the Gents louder, but this also made the crackling louder as well. It's still quite hard to hear what they're saying through a lot of it. The problem is that the crackling is louder than the Gents, so any trying to remove that takes their voices off as well.

Dammit, the guys on CSI would be able to fix it!!

a1tiptop
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by a1tiptop » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:14 pm

I don't mind about crackling! I'd love a copy.

But Sarah - could you do me a copy of the original file too? I *might* have someone where I work who could help me clean it up. We've got quite a few audio experts - they are quite busy but if I flutter eyelashes and flash cleavage...

:)
And I'll stay here till the trail's cold and return again with my meaty gold
You want it! You can't get enough of Hilary Briss and his special stuff...

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:34 pm

Ooh, will do! I'll put both on a cd and post it to you tomorrow! And then if you can clean it up I can, er, distribute it... ;)

Kino
Local Shop Owner!
Location: In Robot Hell, tormenting the damned with my up-tempo singing and dancing

Post by Kino » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:24 pm

Wow... The technology is a beautiful thing! :lol:

Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:56 pm

A few pics from the other night, better late than never hey
The Gents
Reece and Steve, looks like Reece is sticking his teeth out.
Mark and Steve
The gents with Micheal Sheen
PNW with Husband Papa
PNW confirming that Papa IS HER'S AND NO ONE ELSES!!!!!!
Every one minus me
Everyone with me, minus TGU
Me being allowed to kiss Papa!
You're the Christmas, promising the summer

Lottie
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Lottie » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:08 pm

a1tiptop wrote:The nice men were from MyMovies.net and they said they were only filming bits for a feature for their site, not the whole thing.

You can see where the feature will be when it's up here:

http://www.mymovies.net/mmtv/?sec=mmtv

And in the meantime you can watch a few interviews and things.
Can anyone tell me if you can download these interviews & things onto your computer please? I'm hopeless when it comes to this sort of thing & I have no idea if or how you can do this. Ta muchly :D
ImageImage

Miss Jones

Post by Miss Jones » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:24 pm

Just out of curiosity has anyone at all got any sound clips from the audio commentary they could maybe email me? I'd love to hear some of it, as I didn't get to go unfortunatelly.

Thankies

xxxx