Apocalypse Live Commentary - 29th September 2005

Got some hot news on the League that nobody else knows about? Well don't keep it to yourself!!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Tracy
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tracy » Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:26 pm

I've come home on my lunch break specifically to see what was happening with the Local Shop comp... :evil:
ImageImageImage

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:27 pm

I know - is it actually going to go up today???

You can enter the XFM competition here, by the way:

http://www.xfm.co.uk/article.asp?id=87326
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

Tracy
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tracy » Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:39 pm

Cheers ratgirl, I'll try that link too :) . Hopefully there'll be some more about the comp on the Local Shop site by tonight... :roll:

EDIT - it's up! On the home page on the front of the counter, left hand side... yay! :D
Last edited by Tracy on Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:53 pm

Is there a direct link to it? The main page doesn't work on this computer - the picture doesn't appear. :(

Aha, got it! https://www.thisisalocalshop.com/competition/
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

cupid stunt
Local Shop Owner!

Post by cupid stunt » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:29 pm

I entered the competition at thisisalocalshop.com, though when I submitted it I thought of a better question to put in there. :x

Wasn't play.com supposed to start notifying people today? Though I can't see how they can reach anyone by telephone...

Either way, I think the way this event has been set up is very unfair towards the fans.

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:31 pm

I am so frustrated that I can't go (to this or the signing) that I wanna knaw my own hand off!!!! :x
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!

Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:39 pm

cupid stunt wrote:I entered the competition at thisisalocalshop.com, though when I submitted it I thought of a better question to put in there. :x

Wasn't play.com supposed to start notifying people today? Though I can't see how they can reach anyone by telephone...

Either way, I think the way this event has been set up is very unfair towards the fans.
The Play.com competition ends at midnight on Friday, 23rd & it said they'd notify the winners within two days, but like you say, how can they do it by telephone when all they asked for was an email address - very mysterious.
Have we missed the cakes?

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:51 pm

I think Play have my telephone number on my account from where I've ordered from them? Maybe they're just going to pick people from their customers! :?

PNW just texted me to say they advertised the XFM competition on the radio (and Papa messed up her head :D ), and said to go to the website but also to listen from 4pm next week. So maybe more tickets given away then? (or possibly it'll be DVDs)

Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:47 pm

Entered the local shop comp but not done the xfm one just yet
You're the Christmas, promising the summer

Tracy
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tracy » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:00 pm

Ok. So the Local Shop comp says winners will be notified 27th September (ie 2 days before the event)... great if you should win and need to get travel and accommodation organised, eh? :roll:
ImageImageImage

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:03 pm

Its not been very fair has it?

What will happen is people who couldn't really care if they go or not will win, and the likes of us who show support and REALLY want to go, will get nowt. :(

cupid stunt
Local Shop Owner!

Post by cupid stunt » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:12 pm

Son of Tubbs returns! wrote:What will happen is people who couldn't really care if they go or not will win.
And they'll sell their tickets for £100 per ticket on Ebay.

Whoever came up with the idea of that the tickets should be given away like golden tickets should be smacked.

sugar_nips
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by sugar_nips » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:27 am

I do think this is a stupid way to set it all up cause if I win I have to find affordable travel 2 days before!!!

There better be an empty train if I win!!!

How are they gonna get the tickets to people in advance???

Kino
Local Shop Owner!
Location: In Robot Hell, tormenting the damned with my up-tempo singing and dancing

Post by Kino » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:23 pm

I haven't a clue.. If worst comes to worst I will FORCE MY PARENTS TO DRIVE ME THERE... Though surely there'll be easyjet flights at the last minutes or something?

I've entered on localshop, and no sign of an age limit warning :D best of luck to everyone and I hope the transport problems get sorted without too much anxiety....

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:08 pm

cupid stunt wrote: And they'll sell their tickets for £100 per ticket on Ebay.

Whoever came up with the idea of that the tickets should be given away like golden tickets should be smacked.
Very hard! Gah. Still, I don't think there's any chance of the ebay thing happening, given that winners aren't being notified till just beforehand. Which is almost annoying... apart from the fact that we'd all be having to bid against each other!!