Apocalypse Live Commentary - 29th September 2005

Got some hot news on the League that nobody else knows about? Well don't keep it to yourself!!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:39 pm

If that does happen (though like you said, highly unlikely) we should print of the pages and demand to go in place of the fraudsters
You're the Christmas, promising the summer

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:53 am

There's an interview with Reece in today's Metro. Made a mad dash for the only copy in the tube carriage and just beat another commuter! Heheh. You can read it on their website at:

http://www.metro.co.uk/metro/interviews ... ew_id=1176

Also, Live Commentary competition is up. You can enter online at:

http://www.metro.co.uk/metro/competitio ... _page_id=6

or ring 0901 030 1561, or text METRO followed by postcode and the word GENTLEMEN. I assume to the same number, though it didn't work on my phone.

Sarah xx
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

Cay
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Cay » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:48 pm

Thanks for the for the interview.

Reece is just to lovely though, the poster he's had framed bless him.
That's twice now where comedians have said that they listen in on random conversations and laugh even though it wasn't funny on the person actually involved in the coversation. I'm terrible for listening in on conversations (If I've got no-one to talk to I involve myself in other peoples conversations), I actually cried with laughter on the bus once, I must've looked like a nutter but the things this guy was coming out with, I just couldn't hold it in :lol: .

I can't spell properly today :? .
Last edited by Cay on Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:52 pm

Ah, you reminded me there are always extra bits on the online version - thanks! I liked the fact that the poster was to remind him they made a film... oh look, a bee! :P
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:29 pm

Argh! What a great interview! Can't wait for the show now! V happy that Legz Akimbo will be auditioning everyone and that Pauline and Papa will be main characters. I think I might wet my pants in anticipation. Roll on November!!!!!
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!

touchmypreciousthings
Local Shop Owner!

Post by touchmypreciousthings » Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:14 pm

*groooooooans* I hate living in australia! hahaha

anyway, just thought i'd put my 2 cents in, i think if you guys miss out on tickets, those that can actually get to the cinema that night should definately go, im sure some people wont turn up and they'll be heaps of spare seats (esp since they're only letting ppl know TWO days before...some ppl might not even check their emails and everything!) and im sure the promoters and the gents would rather a packed theatre then a 3/4 full one so they'll just let you all in...happened at a showcase i went too, they were still a bit empty inside so for the few fans waiting outside who didnt get tickets the manager came outside and said, just go in! we were so excited!...especially as the ticks are free so its not like they're going to loose out on money! :) :)
Image Image

Jeremy: "We're pacing ourselves."
Steve: "I'm not! I'm on Absinthe."

cupid stunt
Local Shop Owner!

Post by cupid stunt » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:18 pm

I entered the competition at Metro too... I feel... desperate? I wish I could win, but it's just so unlikely. I could have been there as a non-UK fan representative.

So I take it that the winners are contacted tomorrow?

sugar_nips
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by sugar_nips » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:20 pm

Oh god I hadn't thought about that I'll have to remember to come on online tomorrow just incase!

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:07 pm

I shall be checking my email every five seconds tomorrow. Though the Metro thing said in the registration form that they needed your phone number for competitions, so I imagine they're ringing you?

Caught the XFM competition on the radio today, but got all a fluster and my text didn't go through! :( They only had one pair of tickets anyway, but are doing one a day till Thursday. And it's worth listening just for the special Papa clips!! I believe a certain person got very over-excited... ;)

Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer » Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:46 pm

ratgirl wrote:I shall be checking my email every five seconds tomorrow. Though the Metro thing said in the registration form that they needed your phone number for competitions, so I imagine they're ringing you?

Caught the XFM competition on the radio today, but got all a fluster and my text didn't go through! :( They only had one pair of tickets anyway, but are doing one a day till Thursday. And it's worth listening just for the special Papa clips!! I believe a certain person got very over-excited... ;)
I take it that nobody has won a ticket via Play.com - well no fans on this forum have seemed to. I keep desperately checking my email & the Official Website for news of the winners of the 20 pairs of tickets (they did promise to inform winners on the 27th!)

Is anyone like me & just can't concentrate on anything but on hearing news about these damn 'golden tickets' to the Live Commentary? I think its a new form of torture! :cry:

Well at least on one my of my numerous visits to the Official website today I saw that Jeremy's posted a blog...! :D
Have we missed the cakes?

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:27 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one checking my email every five seconds! Hotmail isn't working, though, so I'm hoping I've an email there...!

I know, it's certainly tortuous. Evil bastard competition organisers! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

(but Jezza's blog was sweet)

cupid stunt
Local Shop Owner!

Post by cupid stunt » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:28 pm

I take it that no one on here has won anything yet?

Tubbs get undressed
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Holding Ross hostage at the Job Centre.. ah sellotape has so many uses

Post by Tubbs get undressed » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:29 pm

Hotmail picked a bad time to stop working :evil: :evil:
Is that why i have to wash my face with a potato?

Kind of like a .. David .. Brown.

Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:03 pm

Nothing in either my G-Mail or Hotmail account :( I am thinking of going there on thursday after work... even it means going in my uniform! Not finally decided yet
You're the Christmas, promising the summer

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:59 pm

Well, I'm going to just turn up, and I think Kate is too. And cry until someone lets me in. ;)

You could pretend you were in costume of some kind, Chez...??