Apocalypse Live Commentary - 29th September 2005

Got some hot news on the League that nobody else knows about? Well don't keep it to yourself!!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:03 pm

Lol me looking beautifully turned out in my bright blue with fruit sainsbury's blouse and navy skirt! Its good i don't wear my orange fleece hee hee. I am considering it though. If i do come, shall i bring a box of tissue so we can cry

Ah feck it i'll me mum to drop me off at the station on Thursday after work. This will mean i won't be at Waterloo until 5:30 so i'll have toi run for the tube and that, won't take me long to get the leister square
You're the Christmas, promising the summer

Tracy
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tracy » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:09 pm

I think you should wear the fleece, Chez. Bright orange? Come on! No-one'll miss you in that :wink: :D

EDIT - I did book time off work just incase I won any of the comps, but alas, it seems it's not to be... ah well, there's the signing :) . I really hope some people from here do win some tickets *crosses fingers etc*
ImageImageImage

a1tiptop
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by a1tiptop » Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:49 pm

People who won the Local Shop compo (I didn't!) have now been notified. Someone who won posted on the Yahoo Group about it.

And bugger.
And I'll stay here till the trail's cold and return again with my meaty gold
You want it! You can't get enough of Hilary Briss and his special stuff...

Tracy
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tracy » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:06 pm

Ah well... the signing looms, large and lovely. Huzzah! :D
ImageImageImage

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:02 pm

Stop being so positive, Tracy! :P :D

Ach, there's a couple of posts on Yahoo now from people who've won. No one seems to have won the other competitions though, so maybe...

Chez, tissues are a must. As is a box of matches to burn down the PBJ offices if we don't get in! :twisted:
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

touchmypreciousthings
Local Shop Owner!

Post by touchmypreciousthings » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:02 am

i didnt win either :( :( I mean not that i could have gone but i would have definately given it to someone on here....and i put in like 5 freaking adresses!!!

God damn, what a STUPID way to do this. Getting a cinema half full of people who probably don even CARE about the league and are just going cause its a competition they won. :roll:

Whoevers idea was to give ALL of them away in stupid competitions needs a good slapping! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Image Image

Jeremy: "We're pacing ourselves."
Steve: "I'm not! I'm on Absinthe."

Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:31 am

:twisted: :cry:

Well one of the winners of the Official website hadn't even posted on the Local Shop forum before apart from to say that he'd won! Not that I'm jealous or bitter or anything...

What a stupid way of assigning tickets...well I suppose there is still the 'Metro' one to hang hopes onto- are they contacting the winners today?

If I don't win I do intend to wait outside the Prince Charles Cinema (along with my friend who I had planned to go with if either had won the tickets) & see if we can blag tickets - surely there will be some winners who just don't bother to turn up (especially as many won't be real fans & aren't that bothered). They'd rather have an auditorium thats full rather than one thats three-quarters full - well thats what I'm hoping anyway!

How many others intend doing this - I hope there will be a few of us!

By the way, I've never been to the Prince Charles Cinema. How do you get to it from Leicester Square tube station. All I know is that its in Leicester Place just off Leicester Square...directions anyone?
Last edited by Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer on Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have we missed the cakes?

T Bird
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by T Bird » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:20 am

Did anyone actaully manage to get tickets for this?

I am well upset that I didn't know about it until today! :(
ImageImage

JoeyR

Post by JoeyR » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:22 am

Can I just be the voice of reason here?

Why all this bleating about not getting tickets? I entered all the competitions and didn't win either. Sure I'm disappointed - but I'm not going on as if I have some kind of God-given right to be there.

Incredible as it may seem there are League fans out there who might keep an eye on internet forums but haven't actually joined or posted. There are even fans who never even go on the internet, does this make them "lesser fans" somehow? I just think it's really arrogant for some people to assume that because you post a lot on message boards you deserve to be there more than others. There's obviously not enough tickets for all the people who want to go: making it a lottery seems as fair a way as any to do it.

Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:26 am

JoeyR wrote:Can I just be the voice of reason here?

Why all this bleating about not getting tickets? I entered all the competitions and didn't win either. Sure I'm disappointed - but I'm not going on as if I have some kind of God-given right to be there.

Incredible as it may seem there are League fans out there who might keep an eye on internet forums but haven't actually joined or posted. There are even fans who never even go on the internet, does this make them "lesser fans" somehow? I just think it's really arrogant for some people to assume that because you post a lot on message boards you deserve to be there more than others. There's obviously not enough tickets for all the people who want to go: making it a lottery seems as fair a way as any to do it.

Er, actually a fairer way of doing it would be sell half of the tickets so people who definitely want to go would go - surely you must accept that at least some of the ticket winners only entered because it was a free competition...
Have we missed the cakes?

T Bird
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by T Bird » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:41 am

JoeyR wrote:Can I just be the voice of reason here?

Erm, hang on a minute. Why the big attack? The people on here don't just assume that we have the bigger right to go to these things. We are just voicing our disappointment at not getting tickets, that's all. We're all friends here chatting like we would in real life to like minded folk.

If you've simply joined to post that attack on us, that says a lot more about you that it does about us lot on here.

Sorry, rant over! :evil:

EDIT: I might have been a bit harsh there. Soz! Just don't liek my friends being criticised. Sorry JoeyR. :oops:
ImageImage

Cay
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Cay » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:10 pm

I didn't enter the comp as I knew I wouldn't be able to go, and I wasn't sure if I did enter that I'd be able to get the tickets to someone else in time, they've probably gone to people that aren't serious fans, they probably don't even know what a commentary is and don't realise how lucky they are.
I went to a meet last year for Blue that the fanclub had organised, there where more people there that had entered random comps and I could tell that half on them weren't really bothered, whereas it would have been better off having all fans as it would have meant something to all of them IMO.

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:19 pm

T Bird wrote: EDIT: I might have been a bit harsh there. Soz! Just don't liek my friends being criticised. Sorry JoeyR. :oops:
I don't think you were harsh at all, T Bird! Yeah, sure, there'll be fans out there that don't post on forums and still want to go, and possibly the Local Shop competition is thus the fairest of the lot, since it will be mainly fans who actually visit the League of Gentlemen site. However, all kinds of random people will enter the Play, XFM and Metro competitions just because people like getting things for free! When I work at the Barfly in Camden, we often give away tickets via XFM for clubnights. People always enter... but the winners never even turn up! Because they just don't care that much - and if something better comes along at the last minute, or they can't be bothered to travel, then they don't bother to go! It's people like that winning tickets that's pissing us off!!

If they'd sold the tickets, then at least if people hadn't got them they'd know everyone who was going really wanted to go. :(

Incidentally, someone on the Yahoo Group posted that tickets arrived today in the post, unexpectedly, via special delivery from one of the competitions. So everyone who entered all of them, check your mail!!!
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

Tubbs get undressed
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Holding Ross hostage at the Job Centre.. ah sellotape has so many uses

Post by Tubbs get undressed » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:31 pm

I FOOKING WON!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH
Is that why i have to wash my face with a potato?

Kind of like a .. David .. Brown.

T Bird
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by T Bird » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:32 pm

Well done TGU! :D

We will all expect a full report on the whole thing!
ImageImage