The League of Gentlemen are Behind You! SPOILERS THREAD

Got some hot news on the League that nobody else knows about? Well don't keep it to yourself!!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

LocalFan

Post by LocalFan » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:57 pm

Communi-tivity!

Last edited by LocalFan on Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

life_of_holly
A Local

Post by life_of_holly » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:58 pm

I suppose I should be grateful for Mark's Mick Legs...... At the first Nottingham show there was definite "cheekage" when he turned around - oh my, it sent me funny.

And as hard as I'm trying to resist Reece's charms, the "Aren't you going to kiss me.." line made me sigh like a big girlie too.

Must stop licking now. Must.

Cazza Lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cazza Lazarou » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:11 pm

Oooooooh glad you got an eyeful of 'cheekage' too! Yes 'cheekage' a plenty. Don't resist the charms of Reeson....give in...give in...

Just remembered a random moment...during the Denton's song Reece center stage with 'Aunty Val's vaginal douche' which was a big water gun if i remember rightly. Twas fun to see the Denton's shaking their booty.... but why no Ben nakedness I ask?? :wink:

Sarah Chinnery
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Sarah Chinnery » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:51 pm

***WARNING*** MAY CONTAIN NUTS---ERR...I MEAN SPOILERS HEH HEH.

Anyway, yes, on Halloween I went to see The League at Blackpool's Opera House, in well, Blackpool... :lol:
The doors opened at 7:30pm. & Me & my Dad (yes, I went with my Dad, he really wanted to come with me, since he’s a big fan of them too & since I used his credit card to order the tickets, I couldn't really say no...) where in our seats way before then, just soaking up the atmosphere & getting nervous about being picked out to go on stage (well, I was :lol:).
We had 3rd row from front seats & one was an aisle seat, so I made my Dad sit there, better to be safe than sorry if Chinnery did come down scouting for an audience member. :shock: :lol:
Anyway, at just after half 7. The lights went down & the spotlights went up. & Steve's voice came over the speakers & I recognised immediately that it was his Harvey Denton voice! Which meant they where going to open with the Denton's! My fave characters! Instant happiness!
& Sure enough out they came as the Denton's, singing their great "rule" song! & Ended it with them dropping their dressing gowns! Thank god, it was fake nudity! :shock: :lol:
& It went on from there really, it was one flawless sketch after another! Opening with the Dentons was the best thing that they could of done for me because I just love them characters. Hit it off with a bang!
In fact, they did their little bests to fit every popular character in. & They were always in full costume. How they got dressed so quick is beyond me.
I loved the Dr. Carlton sketch & the fluff up was just soo adorable! :D Steve was doing this dance to a childish rhyme & he knocked his glasses crooked to one side, but carried on as normal anyway. But when he'd finished, he just casually fixed them back & the audience just started to roar with laughter! :lol: Then, Steve started to corpse & Mark was trying his best not too lose it. :lol: It was sooo sweet! & Of course, CC-Smith & Pawleen had a fair share of corpsing too, but that just made it more lovable. :D
My Dad loved the Herr Lipp scene. Reece was fab as Justin. :lol: "You don't think I came just to talk about football do ya?" :shock: :lol:
Anyway, my lil' Mr. Chinnery needed a "volunteer" from the audience to help him with "Daisy the Cow!". :lol:
He was walking up & down the stage, eyeing all the people in the first few rows. & As he was making his way up & down, he clocked me & smiled. So I just sort of smiled back & then slid down my seat whilst subtley shaking my head. Then, when he did get down off the stage. He seemed to be making his way over & by this time, I'd nearly died of nerves. It had to be Mark aswell didn't it? But he eventually chose a woman from the first row, called Collette. & Thats when I relaxed. She was great on stage with him, very brave. I recorded abit of it on my digi camera. :D
The finale, of course was Tubbs & Edward & As always, they blew everyone away! & I gave them a Standing Ovation, as did most people. It was quite emotional really...hehe.
But it wasn't over yet, not by a long chalk.
When me & my Dad got out, into the foyer. I bought a program & a "Pauline's Pen". Which is now hanging proudly in my window. HAHA!!!
& As we were leaving, we saw a queue for something & then I looked towards where the line began & it said "Stage Door" in big letters, which only meant one thing, a meet & greet. Then I was fighting with myself..."Can I? I can't! Can I? I can't!" but my Dad said we might aswell see if we could get in, because it was still only early really (about 11pm) & he didn't have work the next morning. So I went for it. I got my autograph book out (in which my Kaiser Chiefs autographs were still fresh ) & waited in the queue. It didn't take long for the queue to go down at all, about 20 minutes or so. It wasn't long enough to get my confidence up put it that way, I was a wreck by the time it was our turn to go in. I mean, come on though, can you blame me? I've been a fan of these guys since they started out in 1999, from the very first episode. I was bound to be abit nervous! :wink: :lol: & I'm sure most of you know that I have a big "thing" for Mark. :oops: :lol:
Anyway, when I went in the first thing I did was smile at Mark & he smiled back. eeeeeee! Then I went to Steve, said a overly cheery "Hello!" & gave him my autograph book. He laughed & went "Who is it too?", so I went "Sarah" & he went "With an H?" But at the time he said this, I thought I could see Mark looking at me/& or my fluffy white coat, out of the corner of my eye. So It must of seemed to Steve, that I was staring blankly at him or completely ignoring him! So, I clicked back quick & went "Oh yeah, with an H, sorry!" Again, he laughed & signed my book.
Then it was on to lil' Reece. I said Hiya, shook his hand & told him how good the show was. He beamed at me & went "Aww thank you very much, I'm glad you enjoyed it!" Then I got behind him for a photo with all three of them! Which I can't wait too see!
Then, it gets interesting...it was time to move onto Mark. But he had his back to me & My Dad was having a good ol' chat with Reece, so I couldn't ask him for help. So I did the most stalkerish & manic thing I could of done. Crept up behind him & tapped him on his shoulder! But he didn't seem to mind, he turned round & smiled at me & said hello. Again, I was over cheery & went "Could you sign this for me, please?" & threw my book at him. He signed it & asked me if I'd enjoyed it. I replied "Oh yeah, you were all really amazing, the best!" It was really surreal! I did tell him that he was my favourite...I just went "You're my favourite by the way...shhh, don't tell the others!" & I hadn't even been drinking. But he was sooo sweet, he just laughed & thanked me *cringes at the thought*
Then it was time to go. So I quicky blurted out to Mark, "Can I have a hug?" & He replied "Aww, sure" & we hugged! I HUGGED MARK GATISS!!! :D :D :D It was lovely! He gives a great hug! But I think I was hugging him abit too hard (& maybe too long) because he started to laugh. Then I finally let go. Then he stroked the furry cuff of my coat & went "Aww, you're fluffy!" & By this point, I was literally dying, so I gave him a nervous laugh. Thanked him & waved bye to him & the others. I thought I'd got over my Mark obsession but I think hes made me re-laspe now. :roll: :oops: (Jeremy wasn't there, so I didn't get too meet him, I don't blame him though, theres no point going to every show, if he doesn't perform with them).
Then, proceeded to wobble out of the theatre, whilst ranting onto my Mum on my mobile phone. Even my Dad was beaming!
Then, when we were walking back to the car, I had a over whelming urge to run...so I did! I ran off, in front of my Dad, going "Arrrggghhh!" & Believe me its a hard thing to do when you have heels on & your legs are like jelly, but I managed it somehow. Good job the streets where deserted. All my Dad could do was shout, "Sal, what on earth are you doing? Come back!" Well, I had to release the adrenaline somehow.
I was a in a trance like daze, on the way home. & "A Wonderful Life" by Black came on the car radio. Its one of my fave 80's tunes & it summed the night up perfectly. It used to remind me of leaving school, but now it'll remind me of that night more.
We arrived home at about 11:30pm/12:00am. Sometime around then anyway. & Then I had a quick rant on to my Mum & sister about it all, showed them my Pauline's Pen & program & the the video clips I'd taken with my digital camera. Then I phoned Katie, my best friend & texted Pinkie, they where the only friends I bothered telling because they're the only ones who would of really been interested. But it was a mistake phoning Katie really, because she persuaded me to go out for a drink with her. I thought I needed one, or 14...so I did! & I only got back in, very merrily at 3am. & I admit, I was sozzled! But happy...
I got into my PJ's & fell into bed & I had to put one of my feet out on the floor to steady myself because I had drunk that much, the room was spinning!
I had one hell of a hangover the next day & I don't usually get hangovers!
Oh well, I'm recovered now, just about. It was a great Halloween night & I'll never forget it. I hope they're around for a very long time to come (at least another 6 years) & that I get to see them on tour again, some day!

LOVE YA GUYS & LONG MAY YOU RIEGN!!! :D :D :D

sugar_nips
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by sugar_nips » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:12 pm

Sarah I'm so happy for you, you finally met Mark!!!

And yes hugs from the gatiss are legendly I actually the guts to ask for one after the notts show

Ahh I'm just so happy for you cause I can remember how sad you were about not going to the nft

so yay my fellow mark hugger :D

Papa's Book Of Wives
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Papa's Book Of Wives » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:49 pm

WOW, you lucky pickle! :D

*hugs you* feel free to discard me as i may nick Gatiss love off you :P

sway x

Can you ride a sheep?

Pink Bag of Doom
Local Shop Owner!
Location: Lying on the pavement with Phill. FALLEN ON THE FLOOR!!

Post by Pink Bag of Doom » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:07 pm

Sarah, I'm still so happy for you! :D *hugs*

Hmm, as everyone has been getting hugs off Mark, I think it's only fair that I try to get one too... :wink:
ImageImage
"She's so ugly that when she was born, the hospital put her in an incubator with tinted glass."

benjamin denton
A Local

Post by benjamin denton » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:13 pm

oo youll have to post the photo when you get it ! sounded like you had a fantastic time! well of course you did if you hugged mark!! :shock:
ImageImage

DevilWalksInTheSand
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by DevilWalksInTheSand » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:20 pm

Sarah that is one hell of a report! Made me smile lots.
Image Image

life_of_holly
A Local

Post by life_of_holly » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:30 pm

it really made me smile too!! Why have i never had a hug from Mark? The nearest I got was doing my Davros Hand (copyright) when he put his arm round me for a photo at Stoke! *hands head in shame*

Cazza Lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cazza Lazarou » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:34 pm

Sarah Chinnery wrote:I loved the Dr. Carlton sketch & the fluff up was just soo adorable! :D Steve was doing this dance to a childish rhyme & he knocked his glasses crooked to one side, but carried on as normal anyway. But when he'd finished, he just casually fixed them back & the audience just started to roar with laughter!
I knew there was a Steve/glasses moment, but couldn't remember it, so thanks (great repaart btw). I have an awful memory, but bits do keep coming back to me...like Dean's flame on his palm...I totally wibbled at that bit...and Lisgoe running after Barry at the end of their scene, just jogging along dragging the Royston Vasey high street backdrop with him :D

I'm SO SO pleased for you with your wonderful meeting with them, I was just a nervous wreck this time- probably cos I'd built myself up to it so much and cos the security people were not very friendy which had me in a state :cry: Ah well, the other time's I met them i could talk like a human being so hey-ho. I did pluck up the courage to give them a card I'd bought, I wasn't going to but thought what the hell...even though I did have butterflies when writing it out at home :oops: I gave it to Mark as I somehow missed out on speaking to Reece :cry: and said I'd seen it and thought of them, I think even though Reece is my favourite for other reasons, Mark is my favourite to meet as he seems really easy going and is always really charming+friendly.

It was great to be so close to the stage and although I was nervous when Chinnery was looking for volunteers...I was inwardly going **PICK ME** maybe I should have worn a more colourful top instead of a black shirt, cos it would have made my lifetime to say that I'd been on satge with Mark Gatiss!

Sarah Chinnery
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Sarah Chinnery » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:46 pm

Aww, thanks guys. I'm glad you liked it! :D I thought it was abit too looong, I didn't know I'd ranted on that much. & Thanks for all the hugs & compliments. I'm glad I was so foward now, even though I cringe at just tapping him on the shoulder... :oops: :lol:

I took a picture of my "Pauline's Pen" hanging up in my window, with my "crystals & shit." :lol:
You wanna see it? : -
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/s ... CT0001.jpg

Hehe! Sorry, I'm still very hyped up about it. My stomach still knots when I think of the meeting too... :lol: :shock:

Oh & Thanks Cazza Lazarou for reminding me of the Barry & Lisgoe slapstick running thing, with the backdrop! Genius! Its weird how certain bits slip out of your memory after a few days... :(
Do you remember the bit where the sound effects went abit off when Eward was using his big feet? The thumping carried on even though he stopped walking... :lol:

SailorEarth
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by SailorEarth » Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:14 am

Then he stroked the furry cuff of my coat & went "Aww, you're fluffy!"
Aaw that's so adorable! I'm glad you had a good time ;)

touchmypreciousthings
Local Shop Owner!

Post by touchmypreciousthings » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:57 am

aww Sarah that was such a cool story, i like smiled and laughed the whole way through.... *claps for you* Ohhh being stroked by Mark Gatiss, it doesn't get much better then that! :D

*happy dances*
Image Image

Jeremy: "We're pacing ourselves."
Steve: "I'm not! I'm on Absinthe."

Cazza Lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cazza Lazarou » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:31 pm

Sarah Chinnery wrote:Do you remember the bit where the sound effects went abit off when Edward was using his big feet? The thumping carried on even though he stopped walking... :lol:
Ohh yes. I assumed that was deliberate though as reece did milk the crowd a teensy bit if I remember rightly. I want to post pics of my League collection in the 'This is mah house' thread but can't due to merchandise spoilers!

More random bits...Ollie in the first half shouting something like

Ollie on stage-'Do I really need to be here, can't I just do it in voice over'
Ollie's VO- *Yes, why not...*
Ollie on stage- 'Thanks, see ya!'
And then he ran off to become another character, I swear you could see the desperation/concentration of Reece as himself.

Also the opening of the communi-tivity with the different religions was good Mark as a Muslim and Steve as a Jew, then Ollie going mental over Christianity 'You both think you are right, when in fact you're both totally WRONG!' <or words to that effect, brain has gone to mush!