Under the Greenwood Tree

Got some hot news on the League that nobody else knows about? Well don't keep it to yourself!!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

DevilWalksInTheSand
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by DevilWalksInTheSand » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:09 pm

Oooh i saw the advert too.....nice chops steve!
Image Image

owandoove

Post by owandoove » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:03 pm

Ooooh, i saw the ad last night. It looks great, i'll definitely be watching it! Can't wait to see Lassie too-yay! :D

MrsShearsmith
Local Shop Owner!

Post by MrsShearsmith » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:06 pm

Yeah he has the best burners ever hehe! He suits old style stuff...like this and Lassie! The whole show sounds great, want to watch it now and not just for Steve hehe
"I do many things, I span the genres. They call me the Genre Spanner"

Cazza Lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cazza Lazarou » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:31 am

So did anyone watch? I watched bits of it as I'm not really a fan of this sort of thing (I did Return Of The Native for English Lit A-Level and I hated it!!)and Steve seemed his reliably brilliant self. Steve does seem to like playing farmers-isn't he a farmer in Lassie as well? Awwwww I just want to hug him :)

zoey

Post by zoey » Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:08 am

I watched it, most of the way through I was just shouting "Marry Shiner" then thinking to myself god shes so stupid, I'd marry him.

I enjoyed the show and will probably (just because steves in it) buy the dvd, its out on 2nd January on Play.com

Oki_Doki_Loki

Post by Oki_Doki_Loki » Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:37 am

Laura Folds Five wrote:Tee hee, she's called Fanny and he's called Dick.
I know I commented on this before, but after watching the film I realised the gals name is actually "Fancy"... Is her propper name "Franchesca(spl?)?" because THEN she could be called "Fanny" for short... still funny though ^_^

zoey wrote:I watched it, most of the way through I was just shouting "Marry Shiner" then thinking to myself god shes so stupid, I'd marry him.
Yea! Same here! That Fanny-Gay (As my mate so elequently nick named her) was flirting with EVERYONE the freakin tart! She goes a breaks Steve's heart, snogs the aptly named DICK and then flirts with the pastor!!

She shooda ended up alone!

TartyOldTrollopCat -x-
Last edited by Oki_Doki_Loki on Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

zoey

Post by zoey » Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:40 am

Yeh she was just such a slut.. and it was so evilly predictable that she would end up with Dick

Not Quite Local
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Not Quite Local » Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:00 pm

I know what you mean, I was shouting "Marry Steve, you stupid girl!" at the TV until my parents told me to shut up :)

papas pegs

Post by papas pegs » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:13 pm

I WATCHED IT I FAUGHT IT WAS WELL GUD
I FELT SORRI 4 SHINAR AT THE END WEN MISS DEY DIDDNT SEY YES TO HIM HE NEARLY CRIED

Tracy
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tracy » Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:35 pm

As usual, excellent acting from Steve - poor Mr Shinar! My heart was breaking for him :cry: . Silly Fancy; I would have married him in the blink of an eye... then again, I am a teeny bit biased :oops: .

Loved the bit where he got plastered to talk to the Pastor, and burped when he walked away :lol: . Nice dancing, too!
Last edited by Tracy on Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Paws

Post by Paws » Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:34 am

Oh Good God. we have an Icon thief! Lol :P after all my hard work! :D

Uhm...anyway. I didn't actually like the story, I only watched for Steve, and I don't think there was enough of him! And yes, I was squeeing at the tv.....everyone was looking at me funny.....and when She turned Mr Shiner down, I was shouting MARRY MEEEEE!! Lol. How lame can I get??

zoey

Post by zoey » Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:36 am

Well I was shouting I'll marry you steve.. so I guess we are al lame together