Reece & Steve On The 'Little Britain' DVD

Got some hot news on the League that nobody else knows about? Well don't keep it to yourself!!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Ello_Dave
Local Shop Owner!

Reece & Steve On The 'Little Britain' DVD

Post by Ello_Dave » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:33 pm

I was just browsing through the David Walliams website and I found this tiny bit of info about the Little Britain DVD..

"Quoted from David in the Little Britain BBC Three inteview: " Anne came out of improvisations me and Matt did with Steve and Reece from the League Of Gentlemen. Reece christened her. We forgot about her for years. I'm glad you like her. I don't really know where it came from as it was done on the spur of the moment. Next year we will bring out a DVD and the footage of us mucking about with Steve and Reece will be on it."

..What'd ya think?

Joe.
..Do you remember when there was that funny smell coming from the corner of her room so we lifted the ceiling tiles and found all those Morrison bags full of sick?..

Papalaz
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Papalaz » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:38 pm

Sounds like a good thing surely...

Though why I would want to buy a 'mediocre' sketch show in order to see the divine 'League' is beyond me. :roll:
I Sense Grief!

Exinferis
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Exinferis » Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:34 pm

Yeah, I knew it'd be about a year before we saw a DVD release of Little Britain...typical bloody BBC.

I just don't know how they can justify bringing out rubbish (sorry, just my opinion) like The Office a few months after it's TV airing, but leave class comedies for a year! I'm still mad that they only release a couple of Only Fools DVD a year. It's taken me almost 3 years to get 6 seasons for ctying-out-loud! :evil: :evil:

*Shakes fist angrily in BBC's direction!!*

Laura Folds Five
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Laura Folds Five » Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:33 am

Is Anne the mental patient that shouts 'eh eh ehhh'
???

Emma_Tish-ue Shearsmith
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Emma_Tish-ue Shearsmith » Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:53 am

Yes, that's the one :D
Dave, do you think the stick of igorance should be yellow?

Mrs Shearsmith

Post by Mrs Shearsmith » Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:50 pm

I think its fantastic news!

And I think it's great that the gents and the guys from Little Briatain interact....is it just me or are those shows just TO similar?! :?:

For example in the last ep of LB there was a very creepy guy who babysat for a couple, Did anyone think he bared a HUGE resemblance in looks a behaviour to pop???

Why don't you like the show Gary??heh?heh?!?!? :x

Laura Folds Five
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Laura Folds Five » Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:11 pm

They are a bit similar, I agree. But considering Mark is one of their script editors (or something) I'm not surprised. I love how they interact too -- all my favourite comedians seem to be friends in real life, the gents, vic and bob, simon pegg.
oh, the life of an international comedy star...

Exinferis
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Exinferis » Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:16 pm

Yeah, I too noticed this. Like the teacher at (and I love this, as I'm a big fan of Kelsey!) Kelsey Grammer School, bears a striking resemblance to Herr Lipp! :shock:

Mrs Shearsmith

Post by Mrs Shearsmith » Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:49 pm

Yeah, I too noticed this. Like the teacher at (and I love this, as I'm a big fan of Kelsey!) Kelsey Grammer School, bears a striking resemblance to Herr Lipp!
OMG!your so right...i never noticed that!those copycats!!

For some strange reason i was just thinking how fantastic it would be if Vicky Pollard and Henry and Ally from TLOG were to meet!!

I think a spin-off is in order!!

Exinferis
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Exinferis » Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:54 pm

Is she the one that says, "Yeah, but, no, but, Tracey told Kerry that Brian and Kristine..." and so on, and so forth?

Mrs Shearsmith

Post by Mrs Shearsmith » Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:11 pm

The very same!! :P

Ello_Dave
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Ello_Dave » Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:19 pm

Margery Dawes really reminds me of Pauline when she worked at the Job Centre.. But I know that The LoG cast are good friends with David Walliams and Matt Lucas.. They worked with Reece and Steve (see first post) and Mark's the script editor.. So they'll share ideas and stuff..

(Oh, also, Reece and Matt Lucas are in Catterick together, a new BBC3 show.. There's a pic of Reece and the rest of the cast for the show in the new Radio Times mag this week.. Check it out)
..Do you remember when there was that funny smell coming from the corner of her room so we lifted the ceiling tiles and found all those Morrison bags full of sick?..

Exinferis
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Exinferis » Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:26 pm

Mrs Shearsmith wrote:The very same!! :P
In that case, I think that'd be a three-some made in heaven!

Exinferis
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Exinferis » Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:28 pm

Ello_Dave wrote:Margery Dawes really reminds me of Pauline when she worked at the Job Centre..
Yes! I was trying to think earlier who else reminded me of a LoG character, and she was the other! Thanks for the memory jog!

Ello_Dave
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Ello_Dave » Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:39 pm

Ooooooh, also.. There was a very tiny sketch in the show where two people dressed in purple with lots of brown face paint came to peoples doors.. There was nothing sinsiter or LoG-like about it.. Just very... similar to Papa Lazarous....Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....