Reece & Steve On The 'Little Britain' DVD

Got some hot news on the League that nobody else knows about? Well don't keep it to yourself!!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Bex
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Bex » Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:38 pm

serafina pekkala wrote:nowt wrong wiv being naaarthern, luv :lol:

I'm really very posh and i just pretend to be from Lancashire. Bex where in Cheshire are you from BTW? I'm from just across the Mersey in St Helens.

Sefi x
I'm from Northwich. A little town that no one's ever heard of. Haha. But I have the Naaaarthern accent, not nearly as strong as Reece's, although I do say things are CRAPPP & have been known to slip into "duuuun't" instead of "don't".
Image Image

Tubbs get undressed
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Holding Ross hostage at the Job Centre.. ah sellotape has so many uses

Post by Tubbs get undressed » Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:49 pm

I have a really naaaarthen common accent
Is that why i have to wash my face with a potato?

Kind of like a .. David .. Brown.

Judee Levinson
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Frolicing in the park with Pierre, throwing Flip flops in a haphazard fashion

Post by Judee Levinson » Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:18 pm

my parents are from down south and are really posh, but i grew up in nottingham and im so confused! sometimes i sound really common, but other times im really posh
ImageImage

holygiblets

Post by holygiblets » Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:59 am

I have a horrid West Midlands accent which people mistake for Brummie - it makes me sound like a complete ee-jit. :(

jessie
Local Shop Owner!
Location: Underneath the Laurence Llewelyn Bowen memorial patio!

Post by jessie » Tue May 03, 2005 2:50 pm

Just a note to say that i saw the clip with Reece/Steve at the "Up Close With Little Britain" event ant NFT last year.

Reece was holding the camera and you could hear him in the background say "Anne?" "Anne?" "No Anne"!

However David Walliams voice (eh, eh, eh) was completely different to the version on TV now. With Steve and Reece, it was a really deep voiced Eheheh!

Just thought you might like that little story.
ImageImage

SailorEarth
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by SailorEarth » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:14 am

I think that's cool actually. Anne's my favourite LB character ;)

owandoove

Post by owandoove » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:45 pm

LB is kinda too predictable for my liking, they hardly ever try new things to develop their sketches, the lou and andy sketch for example is shockingly repetitive, it's been done to death now. No where near as clever and inventive as the league in my opinion. It's funny that Anne was my favourite character in LB, and even she was co-made by the league :roll: . eh eh ehhhh

Mr Papa Lazarou
Distant Relative

Post by Mr Papa Lazarou » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:58 pm

Judee Levinson wrote:my parents are from down south and are really posh, but i grew up in nottingham and im so confused! sometimes i sound really common, but other times im really posh
Did your parents ever force you to be in talent competitions when you were younger? And then nearly drive off without you?

"We need you for Nottingham!"

a-ho-ho-ho
"Get sat down if you like" Image Image

Herr Lip: "Justin, Justin, my very own Justin"

DevilWalksInTheSand
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by DevilWalksInTheSand » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:12 pm

That reminds me, it really bugs me the way Reece says nottingham in that sketch......"nottinham!"

Sorry, carry on......
Image Image

Tipps

Post by Tipps » Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:36 pm

we don't really see steve in the video. it's just david walliams and reece shearsmith.

Hannah No-Tail
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Hannah No-Tail » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:50 am

serafina pekkala wrote:nowt wrong wiv being naaarthern, luv :lol:

I'm really very posh and i just pretend to be from Lancashire. Bex where in Cheshire are you from BTW? I'm from just across the Mersey in St Helens.

Sefi x
Aye, I'm from the same dump as you! Newton! It might be a part of St Helens but I much prefer to say I'm from Warrington. I live with people in Chester now who reckon my accent is "really cool/sound" because it's so common. They fall down laughing every time I don't pronounce my H's or my T's and love the way I say "sturs".

One of my housemates has Little Britain and me and my mate were sat watching it with her and pointing out the similarities it had with TLoG.

Paws

Post by Paws » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:25 am

I have a really dumb accent. I sound all posh, then suddenly my suffolk accent creeps in :(

I always thought LB was too much like LoG, I mean, I like LB....a bit, but I don't think they're too inventive, it feels as though they've just gathered stuff from other comedians and bunged it into their own sketch show....

but what does it matter what I think... :) I don't even make sense......

Shell
A Local

Post by Shell » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:07 pm

I'm agreeing with some of your opinions. I first started off watching LB, and then due to Matt Lucas mentioning TLOG on the commentary for series one, I decided to watch the film and buy the DVDs. I just couldn't believe how many similarities there were. I realise that the League deserve more praise for their TV show because quite frankly it's better, and they actually thought of a kind of comedy that was original. Having said that, I must add that I still enjoy their programme & have paid out for tickets to see their live show (that was last year- long before I discovered the fantastic league!) I was waiting to see that Anne footage for about the last 2 years, Matt & David said they'd put on the S1 DVD, and I was so disappointed that they didn't. Whoever said they should have got rid of Lou & Andy: I agree with you completely, they are such a bore to watch- there's only so many times I can hear: 'Yeah I know.' and laugh. I've probably just offended quite a few people on this forum, sorry!

Miss Jones

LOL

Post by Miss Jones » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:59 pm

I hear tell that the clip of reece with them making the anne thing is on the Little Britain series 2 DVD, Loki found them and mentioned it, so if you have not found it and have the LB series 2 DVD it is on there .... wooooo.

I won't be buying it lol but i may use my friends and abuse their dvd to find it, just for the Reece

Tinkerbell2
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Re: LOL

Post by Tinkerbell2 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:25 pm

Miss Jones wrote:I won't be buying it lol but i may use my friends and abuse their dvd to find it, just for the Reece
LOL, me too! My mate likes Little Britain but I'm getting fed up of it now, I'll have to get her to buy it so I can borrow it :D