They can't stop theatre!

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Postby Papa's new wife » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:07 pm

YES!
Can we go on the day Barrowman is hosting please? *bats eyelashes*
I think it's on the 5th or 6th of December? I'll find out and give you the date.
Damn it I am not missing him again!
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Son of Tubbs returns! » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:14 pm

Week days (apart from Fridays) are abit hard for me. However if it is a weekend, Im good to go! :D
Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:28 pm

Paul, you asked for it, so here it is! It's a lot less trippy than the show we did about the hollow tree wherein it rains candy and women are seduced away from their husbands by the chicken people. Hahahahahaha!

Below is a run-down of the show I was in on Friday night, as I recall it. Warning, it's loooooooong. There's a short video snippet of it at the end of this post if you want to skip ahead, although it may make even less sense without reading the entire post. :lol:

It started out with an oversexed Mexican man doing a sultry dance with a woman and seducing her, taking her back to his "tavern on the beach where the waves come right up to my bed." Next scene was several people boarding a carnival cruise ship. The cruise director was polling the guests to find out what they were hoping to get out of the cruise. A man from Ohio said he had heard that Mexico has live sex shows. He said that he'd come on the cruise with his wife, but he couldn't find her. He was afraid she had become part of one of the sex shows. Just then, then the oversexed Mexican dancer, who happened to be a towel boy or something, came along, and the cruise director made a great effort to keep him from the Ohio man. The director asked the Ohio man how long he'd been married. He said six weeks, that he'd met her in the supermarket. Cue flashback scene. Woman is shopping, and the man approaches her and asks if she'd like to marry him and go on a cruise to Mexico to watch live sex shows. She agrees if he will pay for her groceries. Back to the present.

The spotlight came up on me, and I did a little monologue about how my granddaughter thought it would be a good idea to take me on a cruise for my 85th birthday, but how it was all too much for me. My granddaughter then came running over to me, all full of energy and wanting to party. She fed me a pill that made me feel young again. We danced and threw back shots, and then I screamed, "Point me in the direction of some men!" That's when I noticed Mr. Tall, Dark, and Handsome casually smoking a cigarette. I threw back a few more shots, and then approached him. He seemed to fall instantly in love with me, and began proclaiming his affection in a long, passionate monologue in Spanish, punctuated by wild, sweeping arm movements. He would return to press me to him, and then would be off again, gesticulating and ranting around the stage. This seemed to go on for quite a while, with me not understanding most of it. :lol: The audience was laughing, though, so that’s good. When he seemed to pause, I just looked him in the eyes, bewildered, and said, “I feel exactly the same way!” (Cue more laughs. Phew!) Then he told me how he’d been married, but she’d left him because he’d bounced a check. I told him it was okay, I only use debit, and then as he clutched me and cried, he said, “Yes, but there are all those hidden fees!”

At some point around this part of the show (things get a bit vague sometimes), the oversexed Mexican and the grocery store wife were dancing again, auditioning for the Carnival Cruise. The cruise director got dragged in, and it became a song and dance number for the whole cast, with Ohio man running around the stage singing, “Live sex shoooooow! Live sex shoooooow!” :lol: The song ended, and the Ohio man confronted his wife, asking why she ran away. She started screaming at him, “You promised me you’d pay for my groceries! You can’t even do that!”

It went vague again for a bit, and my Latin lover was back (He and Ohio man were same actor, which is part of the vagueness, I think). He turned to me and said that he wanted to take me away to his country, only I’d turned back into an old lady. My granddaughter gave me another pill, feeding it to me and shaking my head like it was a tequila shot. :lol: Then he and I danced and danced, then more Spanish terms of endearment. Then he held me close and said, “I don’t care that you have to take a pill to be with me. There is nothing wrong with having to take a pill. Lots of people have to take a pill. Someday I may get old and have to take a pill to be with you, too.” :lol: Then he took me to his boat, promising all sorts of lovely things. We got in, and he laid back and said, “Okay, row.” So he made me row. We didn’t get too far, though, as he ended up getting eaten by a shark (figures), leaving me stranded in the middle of the ocean by myself. As luck would have it, though, a Carnival cruise ship came by just then, and a nice young man from Ohio helped me aboard. He told me how he’d been married for six weeks, but it hadn’t worked out. I said, “Well, six weeks is a long time to be married.” He said, “You’re right, it is. But now I think I love you!” Cue another song and dance number, twirling around the stage and singing about how life on a cruise ship is like a dream. Then, while we were singing and dancing, Ohio man turned to me and sang, “Why do you look so old?” I instantly started turning 85 again, and sang, “Oh crap!” And that was the end of the show. :lol:

Gods, it SO loses something in translation, but typing it out, it’s making me laugh like a loon! If it means anything, people were coming up to us and saying it was the best set they’d ever seen!

A friend made a one-minute video of the very end (minus my last line, poo!), if you want to get an idea of what it looks like when we do a big, musical finish. :lol: The quality is crap because it was just my Canon digital camera, so it comes out feeling a bit unbalanced and jumbled. It looks and sounds worlds better in person. Oh, and this is the same friend who recorded my musical number, so I hope you all took your Dramamine! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeAUC6Si17g

EDIT: I'm going to be taking this link down in just a couple of days, as I feel weird having it up there for the world to see(especially not having asked anyone else's permission). Wanted you lot to see it if you wanted, though.

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Location: The Hogwarts Kitchen, helping Hermione make S.P.E.W badges

Postby Son of Tubbs returns! » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:14 pm

Right, before I do a report proper of my time in LA with VL, I must just mention the 18th April, when I finally got to go to The Hothouse and see Sheila in action!

What a fantstic evening and VERY VERY inventive and funny.

All three sets were really good. Sheila appereared in the first of three and the whole piece was funny revolving around Earth Day. Sheila highlights were her being a bird,a tree (if I remember correctly) and best of all when high falling off her seat whilst stoned, which got a really big laugh and rightly so. Everyone was brilliant in it and Sheila shone, myself and Sheila's freiend were killing ourselves laughing! :lol:

A guy came on and did a really funny musical interlude mid time and then the rest of Sheila's gang did thier piece, which had the immortal 'Jesi' line! :lol:

Then the alumini came on and did there stuff, which was very entertaining

It was really fun evening and I felt proud to know Sheila! Id go EVERY week if I could! Loved it!

I hope Asty gets a chance to go
Last edited by Son of Tubbs returns! on Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby a1tiptop » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:57 pm

Sheila, next time you come to the UK we must kidnap you, take you to a theatre and force you to perform for us! Mwhahahahahah!
And I'll stay here till the trail's cold and return again with my meaty gold
You want it! You can't get enough of Hilary Briss and his special stuff...
a1tiptop
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Son of Tubbs returns! » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:02 pm

You must! It was shear brilliance!
Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:40 pm

a1tiptop wrote:Sheila, next time you come to the UK we must kidnap you, take you to a theatre and force you to perform for us! Mwhahahahahah!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Only if you get up on stage with me! ;)

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Son of Tubbs returns! » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:04 pm

Anyway VL, how did the last show in the run go?
Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:44 am

It went very well, thanks! I'm told our set was very surreal, all about dreams and dream-makers and dream-stealers and that sort of thing. It was very dreamy. :lol:

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Son of Tubbs returns! » Wed May 14, 2008 5:49 pm

Who wants to go and see Catherine Tate in a play in London in the summer?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/s4/news/ ... 14_news_01

Thought so! Me neither! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:53 pm

Some friends and I did a scripted sketch at The Hothouse on Friday. A friend filmed it on my camera, which for some unknown reason stopped filming partway through so that it's in two pieces. :D

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufjyN497PZc

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu9uMdUrVQs

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Son of Tubbs returns! » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:05 pm

Just watched that Sheila! Was brilliant! Did you write or co write it? It was superb,I was laughing my head off!

You are so talanted. :D

And it was like being there again! It looks like it was filmed from the place where I was sat when I came!

*Applauds VL and throws flowers*
Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby miss denton » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:48 pm

Brilliant Voodoo Lady :D Really funny.
miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Postby Voodoo Lady » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:15 pm

Thanks guys! We laughed our butts off while writing it. :lol: We're performing it again next Thursday at a different venue and have plans to extend it, and maybe do sequels, as well.

Oh, and yes, I made the scarves and the sorting hat. :lol: Behold my awesome knitting skills! Hahahahhah!

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:07 am

In case any of you want to see a show I did a few weeks ago, here's a video online. :D

http://www.vimeo.com/2175005

I'm also in some short commercials for the theater: Big Booty and Got Yer Back (the third one, if the page looks the same for you as it does for me).

http://uk.youtube.com/hothousefilms

And I've just shot another four videos for them over the last few weeks, which I'll be posting links to as soon as they're available. :D

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat