Welcome Back, Oh Weary Wanderers!

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Re: Welcome Back, Oh Weary Wanderers!

Postby astrid » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:10 pm

Voodoo Lady wrote:Hee! We are LoFGFFs. :D

LIKE (thumbs up) :lol:
ImageImage
astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:30 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I was tempted to post that on Facebunk, but then I had this mental image of my other friends trying to figure out what that could possibly stand for.

"Laugh Out Fracking...Good...? Look Out for...Gandhi's Fat Foot...?" =scratches head=

:lol:

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Location: The Hogwarts Kitchen, helping Hermione make S.P.E.W badges

Postby astrid » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:39 pm

Low flying girl freedom fighters?
Lovers of French green finger food? NOM!
Leaders of Foreign Gold Finance Freelancers!
A x
ImageImage
astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:11 pm

astrid wrote:Low flying girl freedom fighters?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

All funny, but that one actually made me guffaw. :lol:

Lovers on fire go free falling?

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Papa's new wife » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:59 pm

I've been bad and hiding :(
I have weird depression/pathetic paranoia at the moment and it's getting in the way of chunks of my life.
Hopefully having a massive Vasey piss up will kick start some happiness and work seems to be moving towards yay (and hopefully towards a new home just for me. This will majorly help lift some depression if I do get my own place).
So I'm just having a selfish depression but I will come back properly. After all, Torchwood is back and I want to gibber on about it all :D
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby astrid » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:08 pm

Papa's new wife wrote:I've been bad and hiding :(
I have weird depression/pathetic paranoia at the moment and it's getting in the way of chunks of my life.
Hopefully having a massive Vasey piss up will kick start some happiness and work seems to be moving towards yay (and hopefully towards a new home just for me. This will majorly help lift some depression if I do get my own place).
So I'm just having a selfish depression but I will come back properly. After all, Torchwood is back and I want to gibber on about it all :D

Just remember during all of this babe that we are here for you and that we love you to bits.
I've recently just got my head space right. I realised that work and certain people were bringing me down. Negative people, complainers and emotional drainers that only think of themselves were just sucking away at any positive energy I had. After some time with great friends (and perhaps a drink or two) I gave myself a bloody good shake and have started to focus on making things good for me. Pushing these people aside and letting their crap wash over me like water off a ducks back. I hope that your weekend will do the same. Have an amazing time, I would have been there had the pennies allowed. Will be thinking of you all. I want to hear all the stories and see plenty of photos. I hope everything takes an upward swing for you as you are awesome and deserve it. *fist bump*
Ax
ImageImage
astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:34 pm

astrid wrote:Just remember during all of this babe that we are here for you and that we love you to bits.

Amen! I understand needing to hermit sometimes, but never forget we’re here when you’re ready to be around people again. We’ll hug you and make you laugh or even cry with you if you need us to. Mwah! :D

I've recently just got my head space right. I realised that work and certain people were bringing me down. Negative people, complainers and emotional drainers that only think of themselves were just sucking away at any positive energy I had. After some time with great friends (and perhaps a drink or two) I gave myself a bloody good shake and have started to focus on making things good for me. Pushing these people aside and letting their crap wash over me like water off a ducks back. I hope that your weekend will do the same. Have an amazing time, I would have been there had the pennies allowed. Will be thinking of you all. I want to hear all the stories and see plenty of photos. I hope everything takes an upward swing for you as you are awesome and deserve it. *fist bump*
Ax

Aw, bubs, I’m sorry you were feeling down. You’re right, those people and their silly problems have no business influencing the way you feel about *your* life! Easier said than done sometimes, I know, but I’m so happy that right now, at least, you’re in a good place, and you’re not letting it all get to you. PLC, hoooooooo! :D

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby astrid » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:59 pm

Voodoo Lady wrote:Amen! I understand needing to hermit sometimes, but never forget we’re here when you’re ready to be around people again. We’ll hug you and make you laugh or even cry with you if you need us to. Mwah! :D

I like the phrase, needing to hermit, it's so true. Sometimes it's just needed. After it surrounding yourself with awesome friends and having a great belly laugh never felt so good.

Voodoo Lady wrote:Aw, bubs, I’m sorry you were feeling down. You’re right, those people and their silly problems have no business influencing the way you feel about *your* life! Easier said than done sometimes, I know, but I’m so happy that right now, at least, you’re in a good place, and you’re not letting it all get to you. PLC, hoooooooo! :D

Thank you Chickadee. A whole bunch of stuff just happened at once. Work sucked, sucky drainy people not helping (and or caring) as they only think of themselves, migraines kicked in due to stress, worst of all my uncle died (I owe you a mondo for sure). However that time has gone, PLC and then some babe. It's all positive from now on and the suckers can go away and find someone else to be their venting machine. I'm totally focused and know what I want. *high five*.
Ax
ImageImage
astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:11 am

*high five!*

So sorry to hear about your uncle! :( And of course sorry about everything else. I definitely want a mondo!

Or want "Armando". That would work, too, providing he's fit. ;)

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby ratgirl » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:01 pm

Papa's new wife wrote:I've been bad and hiding :(

Aw, I hope we can help in Hadders. I feel bad I didn't realise last weekend (but also I hope that means that helped a bit too?). I don't think you should worry that it's selfish, I think that's just an unhelpful idea people bandy around, when actually sometimes it works better for you to hide for a bit. Just know that I'm here if you do want to talk! It would be awesome if you had your own place, I'm keeping everything crossed towards that working out. *massive hugs*
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Papa's new wife » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:00 pm

ratgirl wrote: Aw, I hope we can help in Hadders. I feel bad I didn't realise last weekend (but also I hope that means that helped a bit too?). I don't think you should worry that it's selfish, I think that's just an unhelpful idea people bandy around, when actually sometimes it works better for you to hide for a bit. Just know that I'm here if you do want to talk! It would be awesome if you had your own place, I'm keeping everything crossed towards that working out. *massive hugs*

Oh shush, no feeling bad about anything. Weekends away with friends really helps, really makes me feel all yay and gets me to stop moping about feeling sorry for myself.
I saw the (unfinished, well more that's it not even started upon, it has to be divided up and a bathroom put in) flat and got all excited. I even saw a toaster on Twitter that Reece tweeted about and thought 'oooh I could have that in the flat' :lol: .
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:12 pm

Ooo, new flat? That's awesome! I'll cross fingers for you, as well. :D

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Papa's new wife » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:32 pm

Long story ...... new owner of work. He also owns the upstairs flat, he is going to convert it into a 2bed and a 1bed studio which I get first refusal on. He's such a nice bloke that I am really enjoying my job (been SUCH a long time since I've said that). I have been given a huge amount of responsibility (I get to chose merchandise for the place!) and he is big into training people up and pays for that too.
It's more work for me (and I work bloody hard at my job because I hate being bored at work and am obsessive compulsive about order at work) but it's rewarding and I get to wake up and not think 'Oh God kill me now'.

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:16 pm

Oh wow, Katie, that's fabulous all around! I'm so excited for you!

=high fives=

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Son of Tubbs returns! » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:55 pm

That's great news Katie.

Sorry for being a bit dim, are you still at the job you've been at for a long time or have you changed jobs and I missed it (not been on here much)? Either way, yay! I know you work hard and are ordered so good for you! :D :D So pleased.
Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat