Things that make you go '...eh?'

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Precious_Snowglobe
Local Shop Owner!
Location: At the computer, rebelling for once at the insane amount of work I have to get done.

Things that make you go '...eh?'

Post by Precious_Snowglobe » Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:21 pm

There are some times when something random happens, that make you pause, blink, and just carry on.

With me, this mostly happens with people. For instance, I was walking around in Oxford Street after my diploma exam yesterday, disorientated by a mixture of adrenaline, glaring sunlight and cold germy things. Suddenly I hear someone going 'heeeey, how are you?'. I look around, and there's this kind of good-looking guy with long hair in a ponytail, kind of hippie-ish, grinning at me. I just mumbled 'sorry dude, gotta go' and walked off, and he said 'aaaww...' in a mock-disappointed way.

Didn't think much of it until now- wtf did he want? I'll never know... and considering the possible options, it's probably just as well I never did find out. :shock:

'A little nonsense now and then in relished by the wisest men.'~ Willy Wonka

'Let's boogie!'

Tinkerbell2
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tinkerbell2 » Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:27 pm

My "best mate" makes me go "...eh?" When I was walking round Sheffield with GTJW and we saw Reece, I rang her up and told her, all she said was "Oh right" :x !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How was she not excited for me? I think she may have been jealous, not my fault! I would have got excited for her :( I rang up another mate later on and she was VERY excited for me! I sound selfish but I was a bit pissed off

I am his wife now
Local Shop Owner!

Post by I am his wife now » Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:34 pm

Eep, that sounds kind of scarey (although I'm scared of just about everyone)

Not sure if this is exsactly what you meant but a few days ago I was talking to my friend about something random when she said "Well, it weighed less than a pound of butter" and I pointed out she might as well say that it weighed less thana pound. She continued to say "No, a pound of metal, for exsample, would weigh more than a pound of butter." That was the "....eh?" moment.
I tried to exsplain calmly at first put in the end I was shouting down the phone, I get worked up over stupid things like that :oops:
Image Image

Precious_Snowglobe
Local Shop Owner!
Location: At the computer, rebelling for once at the insane amount of work I have to get done.

Post by Precious_Snowglobe » Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:43 pm

Tinkerbell: That's odd. :( I take it she's a fellow LoG fan?

Yup, I probably would have been freaked out if I'd been more awake. ^^; Oh well, I'm being freaked out now to make up for it.

My friends give me 'eh?' moments, too. :lol: Once I was just conversing with a friend about something I can't even remember. All I can remember about it is that completely randomly and separately to the conversation she came out with 'oh no, I don't want to be a man!!' After a slight pause I just cried with laughter. It was so random!
Last edited by Precious_Snowglobe on Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

'Let's boogie!'

Viper
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Viper » Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:43 pm

Didn't think much of it until now- wtf did he want?
You may have had face blindness. I have it, too. Someone I once knew comes up to me and says hi, and I totally do not remember them. But then when they say- it's me, Danula Filanji, I know who they are.
"No, a pound of metal, for exsample, would weigh more than a pound of butter."
:lol:

I wouldn't have gotten angry at my friend for that. But he/she would have probably gotten angry at me for breaking into hysterics. I think you were pretty kind, IAHWN, for just trying to argue logic with her, and not simply laughing in her face.
Hello my darling it's me again. Where are you?

It could get funnier if we keep doing it.

http://themightycharlottestein.blogspot.com/

Precious_Snowglobe
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Precious_Snowglobe » Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:47 pm

Viper wrote:
Didn't think much of it until now- wtf did he want?
You may have had face blindness. I have it, too. Someone I once knew comes up to me and says hi, and I totally do not remember them. But then when they say- it's me, Danula Filanji, I know who they are.
No way, I have about two actual friends who are guys at the moment, and they stand out quite a bit. XD I get 'face blindness' too, but this guy was definitely totally random.

If it was anyone I happened to know, I wouldn't have seen them for at least 7 years.

'Let's boogie!'

Tinkerbell2
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tinkerbell2 » Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:49 pm

She likes LoG, she's not a huge fan but neither is the mate who got excited! And she had a right to be pissed off with me (I said I'd try and get something signed for her)

Viper
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Viper » Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:06 pm

Could it have been someone from seven years ago, Precious? And if not, then maybe he was some weird Hare Krishna type, trying to lure you into his bizarre cult.

Or maybe he just thought you looked rilly hawt.
Hello my darling it's me again. Where are you?

It could get funnier if we keep doing it.

http://themightycharlottestein.blogspot.com/

Precious_Snowglobe
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Precious_Snowglobe » Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:21 pm

Me? Hawt? :lol: I've been told I'm 'cute', and guys don't really approach 'cute'.

If it was, then gah, creepiness times ten. But this guy just stood grinning at me after his chummy 'how are you?'. If he knew me he could at least have said something. I say this because I'm not confident enough myself to make such a brash approach to anyone unless I knew them quite well. ^^;

The Hare Krishna thng: :shock: @_O Hare Krishna, Krishna hare, Krishna Krishna hare hare... (a hindu prayer a friend had at the back of a keyring). :wink:

'Let's boogie!'

Tracy
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tracy » Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:03 pm

Things that make me go 'eh?' include people who post in excess of 50 times in one day on a (not necessarily this) forum. Have they nothing better to do?
ImageImageImage

Tinkerbell2
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tinkerbell2 » Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:06 pm

:oops: :lol: You probably mean me, but no, I don't have anything better to do :lol:

I've tried to stay away but I can't help it!!!!! My average amount of posts a day is VERY embarrassing :oops: Not my fault, there's too many good things to talk about which my mates just don't "get"!

Tender_Lumpling
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tender_Lumpling » Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:55 pm

The person who pointed to a copy of Memoirs of a Geisha and said, "that's what you should be doing". :-s
"How I feel in my mind
And how I live in the world
They are oceans apart"

misstoadfacedenton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by misstoadfacedenton » Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:01 am

^^^ LOL! Oh dear, that really is a quality "eh?" moment, TL.

I always find myself thinking eh??? whenever someone replies to something with "well that's it, int' it?". WFT. :? That really confuzzles me. What is it exactly? Hee.

eskewedbeef!!!
Local Shop Owner!
Location: Sitting at a computer in one of the most boring towns in the North

Post by eskewedbeef!!! » Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:08 am

misstoadfacedenton wrote:What is it exactly? Hee.
That reminded me of the Leauge going "Who are they?" Teehee.

Also, this thread reminded me of something Peter Kay said. He was walking in town once and someone asked him, "S'cuse me love, am I going the right way?".

:lol:
"Then the highlight was a stoat rigor mortis..."

ImageImage

misstoadfacedenton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by misstoadfacedenton » Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:20 am

Heehee. Speaking of Peter Kay, this old guy (who looked very much like to Kayster) started talking to me today about getting his wife some perfume for christmas.
He said "yeah, I know what I'm getting her, she like A-NUS A-NUS" (he meant anais anais). LOL. God, it really made me want to laugh so much.
It was a good job I knew what perfume he was on about. Otherwise I would've been in an :shock: "...eh?" twlight zone.