A selection of Meats

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

To meet or not to meet?

The League on tour - hop on the bus
57%
Never been to a meet - Interested in visiting Hadders and a new dress please
19%
Never been to a meet - So not bothered, not bothered where we go.
24%
Die Hard Hadders fan - there's no place like home
No votes

Total votes : 21

A selection of Meats

Postby astrid » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:13 pm

Well hello there peeps,

Well Hadders is over and done with for another year - Boo and indeed Hiss. But upwards and onwards brave soldiers.
Sitting outside the Palentine (as you do) last Sunday in the sunshine Mrs B, Katie, Bex, Tracy and our resident 'tail' Paul all got chatting about the next get together.
We all felt that Hadders was pretty much 'Done'. There's literally 'Nothing for you here'. The recognisable places are slowing disappearing before our eyes - like one of Dean's tricks that actually went right. And we read that the Butchers is having a refurb - so we think that's going be totally different now. As much as we love the little place and the locals put up with us very well we thought maybe it's time to move on. Although when Sheila marries Katie to stay in the country the wedding HAS to be in Hadders.
So we thought - Where should we go?

Thoughts that were chucked about were...

Victorian meets in Edinburgh or Oxford.

A tour of the Capitals, starting with Cardiff (hopefully timed in with Dr Who filming so us who fans can run off for a bit to steal Tennant - aaaahhhhhh) then the rest and including Dublin for Irish fun.

Visiting forum members home towns (with their premission of course - not just turning up at your door step with suitcases in tow)

Robbing bank and visiting Sheila in LA (the police don't read this right?)

So tails and no tails whatcha think? Would you be up for it - Personally I would love it and I would love to show you folks my home town (in Victorian Garb).
Fun and we all get to see a bit of the country! So give us your thoughts

Vote for what you fancy and suggest away!

Oh and mods any chance you could make this a sticky one?
ImageImage
astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Re: A selection of Meats

Postby Voodoo Lady » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:28 pm

astrid wrote:...Although when Sheila marries Katie to stay in the country the wedding HAS to be in Hadders.

Ha! :lol: As long as I can dress as Barbara! :lol:

Victorian meets in Edinburgh or Oxford.

LOOOOOOOVE the idea of this. But then I just want to tromp around all Victorian-like.

A tour of the Capitals, starting with Cardiff (hopefully timed in with Dr Who filming so us who fans can run off for a bit to steal Tennant - aaaahhhhhh) then the rest and including Dublin for Irish fun.

Also a brilliant idea. We'd have to be careful about Cardiff timing, though, if recent rumours of Tennants departure are true. Would we be able to arrange it in time to catch him? Does anyone know when Dr. Who films?

Visiting forum members home towns (with their premission of course - not just turning up at your door step with suitcases in tow)

Robbing bank and visiting Sheila in LA (the police don't read this right?)

Naturally, I'm completely in favour of this last one (minus the bank-robbing bit, of course! :lol:) If I move my furniture, and you lot don't mind getting cozy, I could probably fit 6-8 people on my floor! Bring your own sleeping bag! :lol:

Oh and mods any chance you could make this a sticky one?

Done and done. :)

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Location: The Hogwarts Kitchen, helping Hermione make S.P.E.W badges

Postby MrsBeasley » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:04 am

you know how I feel, i'm up for meeting you lovely folk anywhere!

Edinburgh of course is a must!
"I don't know that I share your view"
MrsBeasley
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby ChubbyTubby » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:36 am

Whilst I'm a little peeved I've never made a Hadfield meet, I'm pretty much up for anything as long as it means a Lofg.com meet up :)

I love the edwardian Oxford/Edinburgh idea (mainly because Oxford is quite easy for me to reach,) and the same for Cardiff. I've always wanted to do Cardiff, and if we could syncronise it all with Dr Who (providing Mr Tennant hasn't galloped off) then that would be awesome :)
ChubbyTubby
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Bex » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:34 am

I'm really up for the four captitals thing. I've done London to meet Kate & the gang quite a few times now - but I love the idea of seeing Wales, Scotland & Ireland all for the sake of getting pished with friends!

Victorian Oxford sounds fantastic as a winter meat, definitely. It means we won't melt inside our costumes & we can do all the upper-brow, 100-year-old things in suitable garb, haha. (Plus an upper class themed picnic including fondant fancies, scones with cream, tea, cucumber sandwiches etc).
Image Image
Bex
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby ChubbyTubby » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:37 pm

Everybody is liking the idea of Victorian Oxford, and your suggestions about winter and posh picnics are classic Bex :D

This might be a little too far-fetched and short notice, but how would everyone feel about a pre-christmas December Oxford meet?
ChubbyTubby
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Son of Tubbs returns! » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:40 pm

I really fancy Scotland, cos Ive never been.

I think Cardiff should be first, before Tennant buggers off, they are finishing filming Torchwood and have done crimbo special,I would think they will be going on towards endf of the year.Shall I do some asking around and find out?
Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Bex » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:45 pm

Ooh yes please Paul, if you wouldn't mind.

The thought of watching Ten prance about in full blown husband number two outfit really makes me knees wobble (...& then collapse in on themselves...)
Image Image
Bex
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby MrsBeasley » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:42 pm

I won't be able to make a meet at the end of the year as I'll be too pregnant.
So you better take loads of photos!
MrsBeasley
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Son of Tubbs returns! » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:03 pm

Oh no, thats a shame. :( It was so ace meeting you and its hard to think of a Mrs B free zone now. :(
Last edited by Son of Tubbs returns! on Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby MrsBeasley » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:06 pm

Awww thats sweet. I'll be there in spirit!
I'll be at next years
MrsBeasley
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Viper » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:42 pm

We should just pick a new place every year, or something. Put places into an internet hat and then pick one out. Everyone gets to suggest a place (within reason. Ulongadooloo and Mars and Narnia are probably out of most people's price ranges).
Hello my darling it's me again. Where are you?

It could get funnier if we keep doing it.

http://themightycharlottestein.blogspot.com/
Viper
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby serafina pekkala » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:45 pm

I've been to Cardiff and sadly, not that impressed with what I saw so I'll pass on that one.

But, as our resident HDM fan, I would love to visit Oxford and have my own mini-tour to visit the Ashmolean and some of the colleges for the architecture. But this is perhaps just me. I think some folk here would certainly be up for some Ashmoleaning. I've always wanted to visit the place certainly.

Or obviously, Edinbrrrrrgh. I would love to put some folks up and have a Buffy Season 7 style 'new slayers' house with people sleeping everywhere thing. But this all depends on me getting a decent new place. If so, all are welcomed (within reason).

And LA - yes. I would like that too. Malibu Muffins with Marsters! :) Maybe I can have one day a Baroque meet somewhere (in keeping with the 17th century style of The King's Evil - Mark would approve).

Even so - have cash, will travel. I'm open to ideas.

Sefi x
serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Postby Voodoo Lady » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:57 pm

All these ideas are fabby! I'm drooling at the mere thought.

As for Cardiff, the article that Mrs. B posted a link to in the Dr. Who thread says that filming has already started. So I'm thinking folks ought to hop to if they want to catch Mr. Tennant there. I know they work on the show for 9 months, but how much of that is actual filming, as opposed to post-production and things?

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Location: The Hogwarts Kitchen, helping Hermione make S.P.E.W badges

Postby Son of Tubbs returns! » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:36 pm

Thats why I feel bad about an Oxford one, I just couldn't put anyone up, and I feel mean, but there is just no Space at my place :cry:

But if you all came to Oxford then yay! Ashmolean is brill! There is loads to see in Oxford.
Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Next

Return to General Chat