A selection of Meats

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

To meet or not to meet?

The League on tour - hop on the bus
57%
Never been to a meet - Interested in visiting Hadders and a new dress please
19%
Never been to a meet - So not bothered, not bothered where we go.
24%
Die Hard Hadders fan - there's no place like home
No votes

Total votes: 21

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Re: A selection of Meats

Post by Papa's new wife » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Because I am a deranged lunatic and have been buying pointless costume shit, we should decide what fancy dress themes we may want to have.
I know ZOmbiE aTTaCk aT TeH muSEuM was an idea, any others?
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by astrid » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:26 pm

I dressed up as The Bride of Frankenstein for work last year so I'm thinking I'm going to have to Zombie that up! The wig is just too silly not to wear again.

Ax
ImageImage

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:05 pm

We should definitely do zombie attack! I really need to play with my zombie make-up. I might wear my corset again, or try and do a Victorian gentleman zombie thing...
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by astrid » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:31 pm

Have you guys thought about anything else you fancy doing while you are up here?

A x
ImageImage

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:35 pm

Well, we did talk about getting tattoos... :D Any more news on the tattoo convention and whether it's worth attending? I'd definitely like to go to the Royal College of Surgeons, which I guess would be good for the Friday. And I'd like to dress up. And drink! Other than that, I'm easy!
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by astrid » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:54 pm

I'd still love to go to the Convention. A day ticket is £20 and I think we could pretty much get them on the day but I will need to check. There is a facebook page for it, The Scottish Tattoo Convention, check it out.
Must dash right now but I will have to investigate more. x
ImageImage

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:51 pm

Ah, I should've checked the forum before getting confused about what the convention was called the other week... That just proves that I need to make sure and visit the forum regularly!

astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by astrid » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:31 pm

It was wicked ladies! Such a great time with you all. Photos now up on facebum. Let's getting planning the next meet soon. x
ImageImage

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:04 pm

It may be that this won't pick up anyone who hasn't already been invited on Facebook, but all are very welcome, old faces or new!

Anyway, some of us are planning to reminisce over them days with a return pilgrimage to Hadfield. That, and get very drunk, on Saturday 30 July (almost exactly 10 years after I, and a number of people I know, first visited Hadfields!). This is what we plan to do, in case anyone fancies joining us:

1pm: Meet in the Palatine for a drink or two
2pm - 3.30: Treasure Hunt / Town Tour
4pm - 5.30: Royston Vasey Millionaire Quiz (the very same from July 2001!)
6pm: Possible DVD screening?

We may then stay in the Palatine and drink ourselves silly, or head up to the Peel's Arms in Padfield at some point, where they do food. The Palatine don't do food, but kindly say we're welcome to bring food in with us.

There's about 15 of us going along so far, but the more the merrier!

---------------------

Places to Stay

http://www.thepennineway.co.uk/whitehousefarm/

http://www.peelsarms.co.uk/

http://www.hikers-and-bikers.co.uk/

Premier Inn (if you scroll across to the right a little on the map you'll see Hadfield):

http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/MANO ... ester-hyde

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: The Hogwarts Kitchen, helping Hermione make S.P.E.W badges

Post by Voodoo Lady » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:37 am

Awwwwww! I'll be with you in spirit!

Or...here's a super weird idea. Or maybe not that weird. Do any of you have a laptop? Will the accommodations you choose have wireless internet access? 'Cause I could totally skype you guys while you're there! It wouldn't be anything close to the same as being there in person, but it would still be crazy and possibly fun! :lol:

astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by astrid » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:58 pm

Have a fantastic time folks. Wish I could be there but the pennies don't allow it.
A ;)
ImageImage

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Papa's new wife » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:05 pm

Ooooooh, yes Skyping is a fab idea!
We must ask if the pub/B&B has wireless or if anyone has a dongle!

I have spent a ridiculous amount on the costume, future warning for anyone wanting to buy coloured contact lenses, the 'crazy colours' by Coopervision and a lot of other prescription contacts have been discontinued (I phoned up the suppliers from work and almost cried when they told me they'd stopped producing them. There are websites out there where you can order them, I found a Swedish one who were very very quick and really helpful (but just over £30 for a pair of lenses I will wear once hurt).

Can't wait :D
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:56 pm

I've gone a bit mad on my costume as well, particularly through insisting I had to be able to do Apocalypse Hilary as well as series Hilary. Hey, manacles are only going to go down well, right? ;)

Ooh, we talked about bringing a laptop to watch stuff on - we'll definitely have to look out for an internet connection! I don't know how much technology has reached Hadfield these days... The B&B's a bit old-fashioned, but one of the pubs might work.

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: The Hogwarts Kitchen, helping Hermione make S.P.E.W badges

Post by Voodoo Lady » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:41 pm

No worries if it doesn't! It was just a mad idea that sounded like fun to try. In reality, the time difference may play havoc, as well as our respective schedules. It might be more of a hassle than we'd want. If it works out, it works out, but don't spend *too* much of your meat up time trying to figure it out. :D

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:22 pm

I hope you all have the best time EVER!! Drink loads! ;)