A selection of Meats

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

To meet or not to meet?

The League on tour - hop on the bus
57%
Never been to a meet - Interested in visiting Hadders and a new dress please
19%
Never been to a meet - So not bothered, not bothered where we go.
24%
Die Hard Hadders fan - there's no place like home
No votes

Total votes: 21

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Re: A selection of Meats

Post by ratgirl » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:55 pm

Oh, I always forget about Valentine's Day cos I don't believe in it (sorry husbands!).

Shall we go for a drink on 13th Feb and we can always do a Sam Smiths pub crawl another time that Paul can make?? I just found a website with the "Ayingerbrau challenge": how to do all the central pubs in one go. Scary! :D http://www.ayingerbrau.co.uk/route.asp

Sam Smiths is cheeeap. And I like their beer. They have all their own stuff, nothing branded. I think it's currently £2.15 for a pint of lager.

I've not been to this one. It's right by Herr Lipp's church and Majolica's. Looks nice:

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/ ... Smithfield
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

touchmypreciousthings
Local Shop Owner!

Post by touchmypreciousthings » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:47 pm

yup im happy for the 13th! i forgot valentines day to since me man is all the other side of the world! ahaha

let me know times details, and i shall be there! :D

the pub looks nice....also please show me herr lipps church. i want to do a league locations tour too! :D
Image Image

Jeremy: "We're pacing ourselves."
Steve: "I'm not! I'm on Absinthe."

ChubbyTubby
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ChubbyTubby » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:29 pm

I'm having a bit of trouble arranging Edinburgh at the minute because the EMA bonus I was relying on to book transport has been declined for really pissy reasons: I have the college administration from hell and I want to punch them at the minute :evil: I'm going to try and appeal that decisions so fingers crossed.

Increasingly looking like I'll have to book the coach to Edingburgh, and even then it's not going to be cheap. I'm trying to scrimp and save and get enough money in time but at the minute it's in jeopardy whether I can make it or not. I'm pretty peeved, but I am desparately trying as I've really been looking forward to this. am pretty annoyed to say the least. Sorry if this has screwed anything around, I really hope I can get back soon and say it's all been sorted *crosses fingers and toes*

ChubbyTubby
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ChubbyTubby » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:42 pm

Thanks. It might turn out to be okay, it'll just be tight. Just hope I can sort it out in time before everything's booked up :(

*Praying for a miniature windfall*

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:32 pm

Aw, that's rubbish CT. :( REALLY hope it works out and you can make it! We'll all really miss you if you can't come along, especially as it didn't work out for the London picnic last summer either. *hugs and crosses everything*

Astrid, I think my train gets in about half two. Can't wait to see you all, and see lovely Edinburgh again!

TMPT and PNW - let's make 13th Feb a definite, then. Amy, I've sent you a PM, as I'm happy to meet and look round locations beforehand if you like. Looking forward to it!
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

MrsBeasley
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by MrsBeasley » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:50 pm

Aw that sucks CT.

Can you get the megabus from where you are?
"I don't know that I share your view"

ChubbyTubby
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ChubbyTubby » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:01 pm

There's only one or two Megabus a day and it involves lots of changes, awkward times and sleeping overnight in a station in Sheffield :( There's national express and greyhound services to London for £3 including booking charges so I could go via London for a fairly reasonable price. Just actually waiting for stuff to sort out.

Viper
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Viper » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:48 am

Vipey we've not heard from you babe. When are you arriving?
I'm still coming! It's the 27th of March weekend, isn't it? So maybe...I dunno. Maybe I'll be there some time Friday evening? I'll talk to Sef and see what she says- been absolutely rammed busy lately so just haven't had chance to sort things and talk to people.

But I'm coming!
Hello my darling it's me again. Where are you?

It could get funnier if we keep doing it.

http://themightycharlottestein.blogspot.com/

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:30 pm

Yayness! So glad you're still coming! Do we need to get some kind of plan together? Did we talk about doing some kind of ghost/bodysnatching tour? (in fancy dress, naturally...)

ChubbyTubby
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ChubbyTubby » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:35 pm

The money situation is still naff. I didn't get approved the bonus and failed to get the decision reversed, so I have as of now all of 3 wonderful pounds and 95 wonderful pence!

The coach is £80 for a simple return fare, I'm only likely to be able to stretch to £40, however, if I split the journey up by going via London I can get it significantly cheaper, so I'm holding out on the hope I can snap up some coach seats before they go. If I can then it'll be dandy.

So do count me in, but there is a semi-possibility i might not be able to make it. I should be able to let you know for definite in the next week/fortnight.

ChubbyTubby
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ChubbyTubby » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:08 pm

Sorry guys, but I can't make it :(

It's just too tight for money. I'm a bit gutted, as I was banking on getting the EMA February bonus to fund it, but sadly, the college and EMA in general is run by tw*ts who pay thick people who throw things across rooms merely for bothering to turn up, but don't pay those who do the work, on time, to a decent standard, but have health issues that interferes with attendance.... :roll: I was also hoping for some more shifts from work, but they're pretty inconsistent and just haven't given me enough work lately for me to able to viably afford Edinburgh :(

I have been waiting to meet everyone for a couple of years now, and edinburgh seemed so perfect, and to be honest, I'm very peeved that I'm unable to make it. But circumstance has a way of ruining things :(

I am setting myself the target of having met at least one Lofg.com-er by the end of the year. If anybody wants to get together in London in a couple of months time, after June/July, then I'd be quite up for booking a £3 coach up and down, and meeting up.

Sorry for letting the side down guys :(

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:57 pm

Aw, no! I'm sorry about that, CT, that's rubbish that you can't make it and that you didn't get the bonus and stuff. :( Most sad that we won't get to meet you, but London in the summer sounds like a good idea to me. Picnic time of year... yay! :D

IrisKrell
Outsider

Post by IrisKrell » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:56 pm

Oh wow, a meetup?! If only I could come. Money is such a pain. :?

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:36 pm

As Nirvana said - come as you are, PNW. :)

It promises to be SOOOOOPER.

mama lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by mama lazarou » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:27 pm

Hey Ya'll

because I am a massive fangeet I thought I was getting paid this Friday. Turns out it is Wednesday and i have nae money. So I'm sorry to pull out, I'm such a baw bag. But uni stress is really starting to get to me, I graduate in a few months :O So aye I will be in London for a week in August. I'm taking part in a group exhibition in Shoreditch and I should hopefully be staying with a lovely gentleman in Islington. So if any of you are free around then I would love to see you :) xx