Annoying Things II

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

MrsBeasley
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by MrsBeasley » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:24 pm

People on other forums that act like they are the only person who can read.

like 'this is like this because so & so posted this'

OMG where do you get your info from? Oh the same blog that everyone else has read...talk about stating the obvious.
"I don't know that I share your view"

Pam Doove: Olivier winner
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Pam Doove: Olivier winner » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:27 pm

ChubbyTubby wrote:Be prepared for a long rant. I am pretty pissed off.

I adore my new job, it's lovely, and the majority of the people I work with are down to earth, funny and incredibly kind. But one woman is really making things difficult for me.

She's the woman I originally had to shadow and do most of my work with. She has dedicated her time to making me feel and look very stupid and incompetent, especially when "important" people around.

At first I appreciated her showing me the ropes, because she had to and I needed to know. Her manner was patronising, but so are many people's and I was quite all nervous and newb-ish.

But it's not stopped. She has her own certain way of doing things which is fair enough, but even if I find my way faster, even if it is perfectly legitimate, I get halted and corrected in a very loud patronising voice, shown twice how to do it the 'correct' way, forced to do it myself, and then get a sweet (but smug) smile and "See? Simple."

She's even taught me the wrong way of doing things to watch me do it and then tell me off for not doing it the right way. And she's sometimes "forgotten" to show me ho to do a particular task and then had a go at me when I've attempted it myself and got it wrong, telling me "you KNOW how to do that. I showed you."

She only does it when other people are in earshot and is even worse when higher up members of staff are about. I've even seen her cock up a pie and break it, sabotage it with dirt, to then leave it five minutes, wait for me to walk past and then ask loudly "Oh my, that's disgusting, how on earth did it get like that?" I just told her I had no idea because I'd been sweeping out back (and had someone with me who could testify to that.)

She leaves me on the till by myself with massive queues whilst she stands drinking tea by the oven, pretending to be checking on the sausage rolls (like checking that takes ten minutes?!?!) and then comes back over to tell me I'm not clearing the queue fast enough. She picks up on the tiniest errors and shouts at me and makes me feel incredibly bad for them, but everybody in the shop has them at least five times a day. It's very very trivial things like having one less Jumbo Pasty on the counter than there should be.

She watches what I do from the other side of the room to check that I'm doing things in the way that most pleases her and she picks upon the tiniest details. I've even been corrected on the manner in which I cut bread. It's not even that she's an organisation-OCD-Nazi because she leaves mess everywhere, is extremely cack handed and has the most appalling standards of personal hygeine I've ever witnessed. She hardly washes her hands (and she handles raw bacon), she picks and eats bits of the food we have on the counter and I've eve seen her nibbling bits of congealed fat that have stuck to the bottom of the pan :shock:

I'D RATHER EAT CAT POO.

I've offered to do things for her, and she says she'll do it, so I leave her to it, then she'll complain to the other women that I'm being lazy and won't help her.

She thinks she's a hell of a lot better at her job than she actually is.

Luckily, everyone who works there knows what she's like. I came in yesterday and she was off and the first thing said to me was that they knew she was being a bitch and was deliberately trying to make me look stupid because she can't stand fresh blood who shows her up for the lazy worker she is. Hah! :D

The woman one down from manager also said that if she was the manager she'd sack her. So here's hoping. Cow.
That's harassment and bullying which should be a disciplinary for misconduct. File a proper grievance on this women and that way your manager has to deal with her officially. It will go on her file for a year with terms on how she has to conduct herself towards other staff in future and if she breaks these terms she could be out of a job. If you just have a chat with your manager then your manager may just have a chat with her off the record and it's likely that nothing will change or get worse.
Spare not the women, harvest them like tin.

MrsBeasley
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by MrsBeasley » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:14 pm

9 days to go & I'm so not ready for Xmas!

I've not even bought cards yet! I have finished my shopping, well apart from stocking fillers.

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:37 pm

MrsBeasley wrote:9 days to go & I'm so not ready for Xmas!

I've not even bought cards yet! I have finished my shopping, well apart from stocking fillers.
You sound pretty on to it, love. Good luck! I haven't got anything get - why?

Annoying: I've had to spend the past few days in bed, riddled with a cold and coughing and sneezing and spluttering everywhere. It's gross. But worse than that, I had to miss the last 2 days of temping. Fortunately I have some holiday money to cover as I don't get any sick pay. :(

Hopefully I'll be better for travelling to Hobbiton for Xmas. Send healing vibes immediately.

MrsBeasley
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by MrsBeasley » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:20 pm

Oh hun, sending lots of healing vibey poos your way

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:58 pm

MrsBeasley wrote:9 days to go & I'm so not ready for Xmas!

Me too, not even had my scramble into the loft to get the decorations.

Cards are done and sent, and don't really have many pressies to get (Parents only) and thats it.

I'm very unexcited about the whole thing to be honest.

Sefi.Get well soon! I would offer to come round and rub your chest, but guess it wouldn't be that welcome! :lol:

Viper
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Viper » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:43 am

Hopefully I'll be better for travelling to Hobbiton for Xmas. Send healing vibes immediately.
Oh poppet! *squeezes healing vibes all over Sef, like Viks vapour rub. Then Jensen Ackles massages it all in, cos he's my little helper elf. Sorry, SoTR. Teh power of Teh Jensen will always trump the offers of us ordinary folk and our rubbings.*

Hope you feel better for Crimbo. Did you get the thing I sent you? That will defo make you feel better. The Brows of Sysex!
I'm very unexcited about the whole thing to be honest.
But it's spooky Crimbo! You were going to watch Viper the chambermaid getting spanked by Lord Macfadyen in a big spooky mansion! Possibly through peepholes cut into the eyes of an old painting!
but it's not doing anything for me.
Try watching a really nice Beeb period drama. Little Dorrit got me right in the mood. For things.
Hello my darling it's me again. Where are you?

It could get funnier if we keep doing it.

http://themightycharlottestein.blogspot.com/

MrsBeasley
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by MrsBeasley » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:11 am

Man flu :roll:

Why is is when I have a cold, I take some cold remedy & get on with things but when Mr B gets one, its full blown man flu.
Now he's off & under my feet.

Bex
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Bex » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:33 am

Life is far too complicated & emotional for me at the moment. :cry:
Image Image

MrsBeasley
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by MrsBeasley » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:36 am

*hugs*

You ok?

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:43 pm

My regards to teh Family B. Get well soon.

And thanks for the borderline inappropriate offer of 'therapy', Paul. Twas sweet. :)
Viper wrote:Oh poppet! *squeezes healing vibes all over Sef, like Viks vapour rub. Then Jensen Ackles massages it all in, cos he's my little helper elf. Sorry, SoTR. Teh power of Teh Jensen will always trump the offers of us ordinary folk and our rubbings.*
Yes - and I'll cough all over him in a sexy way. Not in a gross or unhygienic way.
Hope you feel better for Crimbo. Did you get the thing I sent you? That will defo make you feel better. The Brows of Sysex!
I did and have corresponded.

*hugs*
But it's spooky Crimbo! You were going to watch Viper the chambermaid getting spanked by Lord Macfadyen in a big spooky mansion! Possibly through peepholes cut into the eyes of an old painting!
Haha - orsum.

You tried to steal one of those tempting Chrimble oranges didn't you? Or some walnuts for the orphans. Bless your noble heart, Miss Viper. Yet that won't wash with spooky mansion owners. They are caddish and delight in exacting punishment on orange stealers.

Sorry but ever since TV Burp - my immediate association with 'Little Dorrit' is 'oranges' cos they made a joke out of it.
Last edited by serafina pekkala on Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrsBeasley
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by MrsBeasley » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:07 pm

serafina pekkala wrote:My regards to teh Family B. Get well soon.

And thanks for the borderline inappropriate offer of 'therapy'. Twas sweet. :)!
Was that me? Have I been posting drunk again?

Argh! Hope you feel better soon xx

*scuttles out of thread*

Edit - I'd like to take back my 'man flu' comments. Mr B is really suffering :(

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by serafina pekkala » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:51 pm

Doh. I meant Paul. Sorry. Have edited ;)

And if the cold is anything like the one I had (chances our it's the same), then Mr B has my sympathies.

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:41 pm

MrsBeasley wrote:Man flu :roll:

Why is is when I have a cold, I take some cold remedy & get on with things but when Mr B gets one, its full blown man flu.
Now he's off & under my feet.
Now come on. you know us blokes get it worse than you girls! Must be a erm, gene thing!

Hope he is better soon.
Last edited by Son of Tubbs returns! on Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Viper
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Viper » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:57 am

You tried to steal one of those tempting Chrimble oranges didn't you? Or some walnuts for the orphans. Bless your noble heart, Miss Viper. Yet that won't wash with spooky mansion owners. They are caddish and delight in exacting punishment on orange stealers.
:lol:

I adore you too much, bebes! You make my acorns of ridiculousness into large oaks of brilliance. Chrimble oranges.

Must do spoof of surly mansion Lord chastising good hearted wife.
Sorry but ever since TV Burp - my immediate association with 'Little Dorrit' is 'oranges' cos they made a joke out of it.
Saw that. Oh Harry Hill, how lovely you are! Did you see him rubbing butter on a bin lid?
Hello my darling it's me again. Where are you?

It could get funnier if we keep doing it.

http://themightycharlottestein.blogspot.com/