Annoying Things II

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Viper
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Viper » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:05 pm

But I also think there is something to the idea that not all "fake" nice guys are misogynists and arseholes.
I disagree- I think underneath all fake nice guys, there lurks misogyny. Or at least, underneath the fake nice guys they're talking about. Women are not people to a true fake nice guy- they're just things to be conquered somehow, generalised bunches of stuff who want to be treated badly, and if only they could see how nice Mr Nice Guy is, they'd want to put out for him straight away.

Misogyny is what creates them. They build themselves on the idea of woman as some homogenous hot chick mass that's withholding the pussy from poor misunderstood them.

Not like real nice guys, good guys, strong guys, interesting guys, who see women as individuals.
Just like not all "fake" nice girls are only out for what they can get from a man.
But a certain type of fake nice girl is probably only out for what they can get from a man. I'm sure there are just as many fake nice girls out there who moan about how no man wants the sweet best friend. Even though what she really means is handsome men should want me. Uggers need not apply.
I think the site is right on about women wanting a man who =gasp= likes himself, which, let's be fair, goes both ways. Men want women who like themselves, too. Not in a stuck up way, but in a self respect way.

Was it Nathan Fillion who said he likes people who are honest with themselves? Who have a bit of self-possession?

For me, I think it's about knowing yourself, being happy with your flaws and your good bits, and if a friend or lover doesn't like those bits, if they're constantly putting you down for them, then you've got to have the respect for yourself to walk away.

Personally, I try to be brutally honest with myself every day, and try to fix myself or be content with myself, and not need anyone else to try and """fix""" me. It's a hard slog, but otherwise you end up in that doormat trap. Trying to please everyone, be the someone that everyone else wants, trying to change yourself to be what they like, hurting every time they bash you.
We don't respect people who just roll over every time we blink. Worse, over time we start to wonder if that partner really cares about us at all. If they don't seem to have an opinion or care about *anything*, how can they have a very strong feelings for us?
Great, great point.
I think where a lot of us go wrong is in mistaking doormatness for niceness. We try to show the object of our affection that we care by not rocking the boat, by agreeing with them all the time, by doing whatever they want to do, by subverting our personality in favor of theirs. In that case, that's not real "nice", that's fake "nice" because it's not coming from our actual natures, but rather from a lack of self respect. We can have self respect, we can assert ourselves and our opinions, and still be truly nice, and I think that's what most people are really looking for.
Another great great point. And I think you know how I feel about subverting our personalities. I want to spend time with, and be liked by people who actually like me for me. People who I can believe if they say I'm being awful, and aren't just saying it because I don't want to talk about nail polish for seven hours.

And we now have about seventeen different definitions of fake nice. No wonder it's all confusing SoTR!
Hello my darling it's me again. Where are you?

It could get funnier if we keep doing it.

http://themightycharlottestein.blogspot.com/

mama lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by mama lazarou » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:18 pm

Ladies I love you. As always you have put into words what I try to express but don't succeed. This guy I was stressing about was texting me all last night. i am stuck in the middle of he actually likes me and player, I like him a little but not enough to get upset over, so we shall wait any see.

Think the reason he may like me is because I came on to him!

Viper
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Viper » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:44 pm

not all of us are brilliant like you and able to plonk away at the keyboard with our elbows and come up with page after page of genius*.
:lol:

Page after page of genius. Whatevs. Besides which, even if my elbow speak is halfway readable, I can't shine like a little mini sun on camera.

Like some people around here.
I don't want you to think I'm ignoring you, hence the above.
You never ignore me. Go- go be Molly Shannon 2: New and Improved. Go audition for SNL and save it from despair and unfunny. Then you can have backstage parties and invite me and I'll finally get to shag Dana Carvey. I'll stop you descending into coke hell and being killed by Jay Mohr for writing sketches that get into the show.*

*See his book about his deplorable envious antics for further details.
Hello my darling it's me again. Where are you?

It could get funnier if we keep doing it.

http://themightycharlottestein.blogspot.com/

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:09 pm

I was confused about people before, but all these variations of fake have totally freaked me!

It has made my mind up! Single IS the best policy! :lol:

ChubbyTubby
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ChubbyTubby » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:00 pm

Got woken up at 2am by a phonecall!

And it rung off before I'd gained enough of my vision (being blinded by phone light) to answer it!

Tracy
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tracy » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:53 pm

Son of Tubbs returns! wrote:It has made my mind up! Single IS the best policy! :lol:
You knows it. :wink:

Anyway... eh?

The previous occupants of my house decided to use 4" nails to fix the skirting board to the wall (having only made minor cosmetic adjustments since moving in, I knew not of this heinous error). Teh fook?

Firstly, 4" f*cking nails?!! They're fixed to a f*cking wall, not a fecking aeroplane!!!!!11!!11!!!111

Secondly, this is what happened to my hammer this afty, from trying to remove a 4" nail from the wall...

NOT happy.

I still laughed till my bottom almost exploded, but I'm still not happy.
Last edited by Tracy on Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:55 pm

*sings*If I had a hammer, I'd hammer in the evening..... :lol:

But not with that hammer! :lol:

Tracy
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tracy » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:58 pm

Son of Tubbs returns! wrote:*sings*If I had a hammer, I'd hammer in the evening..... :lol:

But not with that hammer! :lol:
That hammer is now useless. And it wasn't cheap.

But I forgive you.

This time.

:P
ImageImageImage

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:10 pm

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to mock your hammer!

On a similar note,just before christmas after about a year of nagging, I managed to get the kitchen at work decorated (first time in about 25 years, by the look of it)

Last week we had a new roof on the building the kitchen is in.They did over the kitchen at the weekend when I wasn't there.t protect the equipment the roofers covered it it in polythene.They stick this to the walls with gaffer tape. When they ripped it off they took all the new paint off... :roll:

The great British workman..... :roll:

Tracy
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tracy » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:11 pm

I think they were made of Kryptonite. Maybe.

Only because I have no idea what Adamantium is.

I still have a broken hammer.

*sniffs* :?
ImageImageImage

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:12 pm

Tracy wrote: I still have a broken hammer.

Play your cards right and you never know what Santa might bring you at christmas! :lol:

Tracy
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tracy » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:15 pm

Son of Tubbs returns! wrote:I'm sorry, I didn't mean to mock your hammer!
Yeah, yeah... *rolls head and sniffs*

:lol:
ImageImageImage

Tracy
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tracy » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:16 pm

Son of Tubbs returns! wrote:
Tracy wrote: I still have a broken hammer.

Play your cards right and you never know what Santa might bring you at christmas! :lol:
I'm borrowing dad's tomorrow... waiting till December isn't an option :P .
ImageImageImage

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:18 pm

Does he know what happened to yours?!

Could be a hammer massacre! :shock:
Last edited by Son of Tubbs returns! on Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tracy
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tracy » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:20 pm

Yes, he does... I rang and told him because it was so ridiculous.

I am borrowing his tomorrow. Full stop.
ImageImageImage