Annoying Things II

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Re: Annoying Things II

Postby Voodoo Lady » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:21 am

Annoying: My friggin' website! I'm stuck on this one thing, a concept I don't quite understand. Grrrrrrrr! I have a couple of friends I can ask, and I may have to, but I had really hoped I could figure it out myself. Balls!
"It's an ear hat, John!"

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Location: The Hogwarts Kitchen, helping Hermione make S.P.E.W badges

Postby Papa's new wife » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:47 pm

Hope the website stuff is getting easier for you, sometimes I find stepping away from something for a bit then going back makes such a huge difference and it just clicks and everything is clear and easier.

More work whinging:
I have never been a fan of celebrating my birthday. I remember what must have been my 4th or 5th birthday and we had jelly with squirty cream on and then my Mum came down the stairs with a cake and everysone sang "Happy Birthday". I burst into tears and ran.
Now there aren't any tears (not many) but I rarely seem to celebrate my birthday. Probably it being so close to Christmas and not many people being to join me helps make it seem crap.

So I'm at work and bosses wife is talking bollocks about something then the topic turns to birthdays. I say I am not a big fan and she suddenly comes out with "I know what we're doing for your birthday. I'll tell everyone, its a plan".
Um..... what?!
Did you not just listen to me? I don't want to do anything and why would I want to do something with work people?!? I have my own social life! I have friends! AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG.
This is just getting worse. So many work nights out now being planned, for the weekend - which are now my days off. So they actually expect me to come in on my day off and have a boring night out with them, instead of me going out with friends. Kill me now. Not my fault that EVERYONE else I work with have no friends or social lives at all (fact).
Told her I won't be in London for my birthday as I'll be at my Mum's so hopefully this puts her off :(
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:23 pm

Arg! I understand completely! I don't like to celebrate my birthday, either, and something like this would drive me absolutely mental. I love that you told her you'd be out of town on your birthday, and I will pray to the gods that that does the trick. Lady needs to back off! :evil:
"It's an ear hat, John!"

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:51 pm

Work nights out i try and avoid as much as possible.
You're the Christmas, promising the summer
Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Son of Tubbs returns! » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:48 pm

Normally I wouldn't bother about my birthday, but thought as I was 40 this year I would do something.Though its really just drinks in a pub for friends.I'm just scared that I'm over estimating my popularity and now one will turn up. Still I hope it goes well, cos I've had a bad year what with the eating problem so I want to feel a bit normal.

Not looking forward to the family gathering quite so much....
Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:06 pm

I'm sure there will be plenty of people! And however many turn up, what's important is that those who do show have your back and love you. Wish I could be there!
"It's an ear hat, John!"

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Son of Tubbs returns! » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:45 pm

I wish you could be there! You've been a brick the last year :)
Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby miss denton » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:07 pm

Son of Tubbs returns! wrote:Normally I wouldn't bother about my birthday, but thought as I was 40 this year I would do something.Though its really just drinks in a pub for friends.I'm just scared that I'm over estimating my popularity and now one will turn up. Still I hope it goes well, cos I've had a bad year what with the eating problem so I want to feel a bit normal.

Well, I will be there Paul. I'm sure lots of people turn up.

Annoying: My arms and face have flared up again. Very red and itchy. I went to the doctors with this a few months back and they said it was either flowers or stress. This week I am very sure it is stress. I have cream for it. Just hope it clears up a bit before Saturday for WZD, although it might be a good look scratches for a Zombie, it might save the make up.
miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Postby astrid » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:56 pm

Son of Tubbs returns! wrote:Normally I wouldn't bother about my birthday, but thought as I was 40 this year I would do something.Though its really just drinks in a pub for friends.I'm just scared that I'm over estimating my popularity and now one will turn up. Still I hope it goes well, cos I've had a bad year what with the eating problem so I want to feel a bit normal.

Firstly Paul, I am sure lots of people will turn up. Remember it's quality in friends not quantity.

Secondly, and I feel more importantly, are you speaking to someone about your eating disorder? Obviously I have seen that you have lost weight and don't appear to be eating properly but if it has gotten this bad I hope you are speaking to someone about it all. It is not something you need to battle alone, and you have to get support.

I really hope you have a fantastic time on your birthday regardless to what you get up to.
X
ImageImage
astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Son of Tubbs returns! » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:36 pm

astrid wrote:

Firstly Paul, I am sure lots of people will turn up. Remember it's quality in friends not quantity.

Secondly, and I feel more importantly, are you speaking to someone about your eating disorder? Obviously I have seen that you have lost weight and don't appear to be eating properly but if it has gotten this bad I hope you are speaking to someone about it all. It is not something you need to battle alone, and you have to get support.

I really hope you have a fantastic time on your birthday regardless to what you get up to.
X

Sorry, I've not replied before. I've been away.

There's a few said they're coming and all my closest friends (bar one) are coming so that's good and lots of DW people I know will be there and, friends from other areas of life, so that's pretty good. :D
Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Son of Tubbs returns! » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:50 pm

miss denton wrote:

Well, I will be there Paul. I'm sure lots of people turn up.

Annoying: My arms and face have flared up again. Very red and itchy. I went to the doctors with this a few months back and they said it was either flowers or stress. This week I am very sure it is stress. I have cream for it. Just hope it clears up a bit before Saturday for WZD, although it might be a good look scratches for a Zombie, it might save the make up.

Glad you will be there :)

I know it's a couple of weeks ago now but is your skin better?
Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Son of Tubbs returns! » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:18 pm

Whilst I was at the convention over the weekend some bastard knocked my wing mirror on my brand new, four week-old car so badly that it's bent out of shape that I now have to go to a body shop to have it mended. I can feel the money draining away as I type. :(
Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby miss denton » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:59 pm

Son of Tubbs returns! wrote:Whilst I was at the convention over the weekend some bastard knocked my wing mirror on my brand new, four week-old car so badly that it's bent out of shape that I now have to go to a body shop to have it mended. I can feel the money draining away as I type. :(

oh no:(

Son of Tubbs returns! wrote: I know it's a couple of weeks ago now but is your skin better?

My face is. Arms are still red and itchy. I actually do think it is stress related as I have been really stressed lately.
miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Postby Papa's new wife » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:54 pm

Last Thursday I went over to a friend's house before we went out to do a pub quiz.
Other friend was there and he had tonsillitis.
Great, an infectious nightmare just before I went and had a tattoo. Perfect.

Fast forward to last night and my throat is killing me. I have a huff on twitter and get a "not my fault" tweet back. Um, it IS your fault! This morning I spent 20 minutes coughing up grossness. Lumps of pus and blood is a bit scary.

I am SO f*cked off. This is my WEEK OFF. I have been looking forward to this for months. A week of me, just me, doing me things. I planned to go the cinema a couple of times, to a few exhibitions, some moving of things in my flat. But I am weak and floopy.

Why wasn't I told about the tonsillitis? I could have met the others at the pub (where Mr Infection wasn't) and had a great week.

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG :evil:
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:59 pm

Arg! That *is* pretty rude. I'm so sorry. :( Hopefully it passes soon so you can still have brilliant staycation.

=hugs Katie and feeds her soup, then bathes in Purell=
"It's an ear hat, John!"

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat