Annoying Things II

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Laura Folds Five
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Laura Folds Five » Mon May 12, 2008 11:39 pm

Son of Tubbs returns! wrote:I give up. Bloody owl has started up and whens its light the Cuckoo will start! :evil: :roll: :lol:

Do you live in a wildlife sanctaury?

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Papa's new wife » Mon May 12, 2008 11:42 pm

*hugs Sheila so very tightly*
Boys actually smell. All of them. I bet even Tennant would take a kicking before he asked us ALL (and yes Tennant, by law you do have to shag us all, it's the LAW of..... Poddington Peas... um...) out for some booze and then a fumble in the alley way behind the pub.

Paul: Lob a brick at the owl?
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Tracy
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tracy » Mon May 12, 2008 11:42 pm

Maybe the 'get over here or I'll pull your teeth out' approach would work? :lol:

Annoying - photobucket. Again.

Emailed them last week, they sent me some (useless) link to their FAQs. Tried the stuff on there (summat to do with Javascript). Didn't work. Emailed them again.

Sent me the same bloody link... in THE SAME EMAIL. Can they not scroll backwards to see that I've already had that, and can they not read that I'VE ALREADY TRIED THAT?

T*tw*nking ars*c*kes.
ImageImageImage

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Tue May 13, 2008 4:17 pm

Voodoo Lady wrote: I'd smack him for you! What is wrong with men, anyway?

I often ask that about women..

But the answer in my case is usually they all have taste! :roll:

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Thu May 15, 2008 1:53 pm

Prepare for large rant (although actually I'm beginning to feel ok again):

Turns out my new house is a load of poo and they've done botch jobs on everything - the kitchen cupboards are covered in some kind of wallpaper(!), some of the tiling in the bathroom is not real tiles, they haven't bordered the laminate flooring etc etc. There's so much to sort out. That stuff isn't really the problem. It's the big things. The damp proofing is not under guarantee because it isn't faulty, it's damp because the owner didn't replaster it afterwards :roll: so I'm gonna have to pay for the repairs (£1000), there's a load of electric work to do (another £1000), the central heating is not working therefore I have no hot water - luckily the shower's electric!, the double glazing is old and s*** and it's really really noisy so I need some new windows at the front of the house plus a new front door as I can't open it! etc etc. All in all it's going to be VERY expensive. I haven't had chance to unpack properly so there's stuff everywhere and it's driving me mad. But am too busy catching up at work to take more time off plus they will probably frown at me - "Not seen you for ages" - my boss! Just have no time to rest. Have been off to shops to buy stuff every night after work. And on top of all this bad things keep happening: I managed to dye all my whites in the washing machine a nasty grey. I locked myself out cos the stupid door locks automatically behind you and had to smash a window in my door to get in so that's more repair costs and then I somehow ended up getting a double-glazing salesmen spending 3 hours at my house trying to pressurise me into signing up there and then for the new windows and door. I said I wanted to get advice and when I called my Dad he said get him out of there so I was upset to have wasted 3 hours of a night when I have so much to do.

Basically - do not buy a house unless it's new and needs no work is my advice!
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Thu May 15, 2008 4:49 pm

Ohh no Beasty Babes, that sound HORRID..

You wonder about the people who sold you the house.....They obviously knew.Bastards.

Ohhh, Im sorry, it sounds like you are in for a very expensive time. :cry:

If I lived near I'd come and help you hun.

*Hugs*

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Thu May 15, 2008 5:07 pm

Aw, thanks. I'll have help with decorating etc. I've come to accept it all now. The house has potential so at least that's good. I'll just have to be poor.
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Thu May 15, 2008 5:17 pm

I have been waiting months and months for the place I used to work at to get back to me, because the originally contacted me and wanted me to go back and work for them (not the Catering company) to run catering, every couple of months I have emailed to say ids it still happening,I've had 'Yes it is in return', now this has been going on for 9 months now. Im fed up waiting, i've been hanging on. But how long do you hang on?I mean if it comes off, I really want to go back ( I do quite miss it and people who worked for me, (but dont miss the catering company). But you know, 9 months,I DON'T think its happening.

Plus where I am I've been there a year and can do the job and like it (apart from idiot new boss) and feel totally unchallanged and I think if I stay much longer it will be a career killer.*

:cry:

Anyway I've joined an agency who are looking for me and have interview at another tomorrow..fingers crosse

MrsBeasley
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by MrsBeasley » Thu May 15, 2008 5:33 pm

Beast have you got advice about this?
When we bought our house, we had a certain amount of time to report anything that wasn't right & the previous owners had to fix it.

Do you have something like that?
"I don't know that I share your view"

Matt Adore
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Matt Adore » Thu May 15, 2008 5:37 pm

Paul you've nothing to lose by ringing the company who have kept you waiting 9 months and saying 'Before I accept a new post with someone else do you have a batter offer for me?' Although if it's taken them so long to come to a decision are they going to be a good company to work for :?:

Deep gloom: Real Madrid are ready to offer Ronaldo £100 million to play for them, even Fergie won't want to turn his nose up at that kind of offer. :shock: :shock: Imagine being worth so much. :twisted: The world's gone mad!
Wish you were her

Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Thu May 15, 2008 5:46 pm

Brilliant finding out that Vic and Bob will be at the soho revue bar on the 2nd of June hosting BBC comdy presents BUT the annoying thing is the email saying you can buy the tickets on ticket web only to find you can't. Ahhhh i need these tickets desparatly!!
You're the Christmas, promising the summer

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: The Hogwarts Kitchen, helping Hermione make S.P.E.W badges

Post by Voodoo Lady » Thu May 15, 2008 6:36 pm

Beast! =hugs= There has got to be some sort of recourse! Surely there is some law that requires sellers to disclose what is wrong with the house to anyone interested in buying it! I know you're busy, but it would be well worth your time to look into the legalities there.

Paul, I agree that if they haven't gotten back to you in 9 months, they're just not a good company to work for. Even if they got back to you tomorrow, I'd say tell them to stuff it. Well, maybe not literally. No need to go burning bridges. ;)

Mine's not so much annoying as anti-brilliant. The shoot went well last night until one guy fell and broke his wrist. Bleh. I can't stop thinking about it even now. I feel *awful* (and kind of sick to my stomach). It was pretty gross. Not as gross as Viper's ankle, but seriously, seriously not right. Needless to say, the shoot wrapped almost immediately. No one else wanted to get back on the rink after that, and we were all understandably worried about the poor fellow. I just wish there was something I could do. I guess that's why I'm obsessing. I feel guilty that I'm not doing anything more, but what can I? :(

Viper
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Viper » Thu May 15, 2008 11:00 pm

God DAMMMIT. Why don't the rules of the universe work? When I say the worst that could happen out loud- like "skating will mean someone's ankle will explode" that means that nothing is then supposed to happen!

Instead, someone goes and grossly breaks their wrist. Now I have to up my game and talk about how worried I am that VL's head's going to pop off just to break even.

I really hope the guy's okay and it's not so serious. Was it poking out of his skin? Or was it a clean break? Either way it's tough breaking a bone. Tougher than it seems when people go- oh HAY, u onlee just breaked ur bone. Arnt u like, betta nows? How comes u still limpin, wussy?
Hello my darling it's me again. Where are you?

It could get funnier if we keep doing it.

http://themightycharlottestein.blogspot.com/

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: The Hogwarts Kitchen, helping Hermione make S.P.E.W badges

Post by Voodoo Lady » Thu May 15, 2008 11:52 pm

Viper wrote:God DAMMMIT. Why don't the rules of the universe work? When I say the worst that could happen out loud- like "skating will mean someone's ankle will explode" that means that nothing is then supposed to happen!

Sadly, I think we were playing by the wrong rules. You and I were playing "Opposites", but the Universe was playing "Threes". See, you mentioned exploding bones in relation to roller skating, then in my impro class last night (prior to the shoot) a friend told the story of how she broke her wrist, and later in same class I played a character who didn't have any health insurance. (Poor guy is uninsured! :cry:) So "Threes". At least I hope that's what happened because otherwise I'm afeard the Universe might be playing "Literal Lunacy", which means I could be in trouble:

...VL's head's going to pop off

:shock:

I really hope the guy's okay and it's not so serious. Was it poking out of his skin? Or was it a clean break?

No, it wasn't poking out, although it was very clearly badly broken. It was all zig-zaggy, and his hand didn't line up with his arm! :shock: =hurl= Fascinatingly, he also instantly had a perfect deep purple ring circling the spot like a bracelet. It was actually kind of cool in a "nature is violent but beautiful" way, although not half as cool as this one ala Stephen Colbert:

:lol:

I'm half-tempted to get him one. If I could afford it, I'd buy them for the entire cast and crew. Must show our solidarity!

I talked to the girl who drove him to the ER, and he although in a lot of pain, obviously, he was able to joke and chat about the project and plans for future storylines, so at least he was able to keep his spirits up. And he *just* avoided needing surgery, so in that case he got lucky, if you can call it that.

Either way it's tough breaking a bone. Tougher than it seems when people go- oh HAY, u onlee just breaked ur bone. Arnt u like, betta nows? How comes u still limpin, wussy?

I can only imagine. I've broken toes before, and that's bad enough. I don't even want to think about how much worse it could be! One look at this fellow's wrist was enough to make me not want to do anything at all ever again, just in case. =shudder=

DevilWalksInTheSand
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by DevilWalksInTheSand » Fri May 16, 2008 6:18 pm

Aww beast big hugs for you pickle, we never had any of that when we bought our house cos we bought it from my parents. Just keep focused on the finished product.
Image Image