Annoying Things II

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Mon May 12, 2008 2:05 pm

a1tiptop wrote:Six minutes is SO much less harmful that going out at lunchtime in the sun and getting burned.
And even less harmful is to just stay brooding in your
dark attic room all lunchtime as I do... :lol:
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

girl
Local Shop Owner!

Post by girl » Mon May 12, 2008 2:11 pm

Matt Adore wrote: You women are just godesses of the youngest kind and why not lust after comedians? Lusting after Paul and myself would be better but hey each to their own. :wink: :roll:
I like you.

p.s. The guy/girl ratio is about 5,984,003 to 2 right now. What's the deal with that?

MrsBeasley
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by MrsBeasley » Mon May 12, 2008 2:27 pm

From the 15th May sellers can't leave negative or neutral feedback.

I understand why ebay are doing it (basically for the reason PNW experienced) but I still think its rubbish. I've just sold stuff & one buyer is really f*cking me about. I think it'll mean buyers will start taking the p.

Why can't they set up a system where you don't know what someone has left until you leave yours. It would be easier.
"I don't know that I share your view"

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Mon May 12, 2008 3:52 pm

I don't believe it.

At work today I was sat in the office reading SFX (all work was done) and I looked up and who was there? Only new boss who hates me.

So I then I got a bollocking, despite trying to point out that I AM entitled to breaks.. :cry:

He really has it in for me

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Mon May 12, 2008 4:15 pm

I really feel like telling them to bog off and go temping.

Anyway thanks for your support anyway Kate.

Anyway thats bang out of order re ebay, there are some twonks on there, its the buggers who fleece you for the postage I hate!

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Mon May 12, 2008 4:28 pm

Thanks Kate..

Tell bloke he HAS to. :evil:

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Mon May 12, 2008 10:47 pm

I give up. Bloody owl has started up and whens its light the Cuckoo will start! :evil: :roll: :lol:

Laura Folds Five
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Laura Folds Five » Mon May 12, 2008 11:39 pm

Son of Tubbs returns! wrote:I give up. Bloody owl has started up and whens its light the Cuckoo will start! :evil: :roll: :lol:
Do you live in a wildlife sanctaury?

Tracy
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tracy » Mon May 12, 2008 11:42 pm

Maybe the 'get over here or I'll pull your teeth out' approach would work? :lol:

Annoying - photobucket. Again.

Emailed them last week, they sent me some (useless) link to their FAQs. Tried the stuff on there (summat to do with Javascript). Didn't work. Emailed them again.

Sent me the same bloody link... in THE SAME EMAIL. Can they not scroll backwards to see that I've already had that, and can they not read that I'VE ALREADY TRIED THAT?

T*tw*nking ars*c*kes.
ImageImageImage

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Tue May 13, 2008 4:17 pm

Voodoo Lady wrote: I'd smack him for you! What is wrong with men, anyway?
I often ask that about women..

But the answer in my case is usually they all have taste! :roll:

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Thu May 15, 2008 1:53 pm

Prepare for large rant (although actually I'm beginning to feel ok again):

Turns out my new house is a load of poo and they've done botch jobs on everything - the kitchen cupboards are covered in some kind of wallpaper(!), some of the tiling in the bathroom is not real tiles, they haven't bordered the laminate flooring etc etc. There's so much to sort out. That stuff isn't really the problem. It's the big things. The damp proofing is not under guarantee because it isn't faulty, it's damp because the owner didn't replaster it afterwards :roll: so I'm gonna have to pay for the repairs (£1000), there's a load of electric work to do (another £1000), the central heating is not working therefore I have no hot water - luckily the shower's electric!, the double glazing is old and s*** and it's really really noisy so I need some new windows at the front of the house plus a new front door as I can't open it! etc etc. All in all it's going to be VERY expensive. I haven't had chance to unpack properly so there's stuff everywhere and it's driving me mad. But am too busy catching up at work to take more time off plus they will probably frown at me - "Not seen you for ages" - my boss! Just have no time to rest. Have been off to shops to buy stuff every night after work. And on top of all this bad things keep happening: I managed to dye all my whites in the washing machine a nasty grey. I locked myself out cos the stupid door locks automatically behind you and had to smash a window in my door to get in so that's more repair costs and then I somehow ended up getting a double-glazing salesmen spending 3 hours at my house trying to pressurise me into signing up there and then for the new windows and door. I said I wanted to get advice and when I called my Dad he said get him out of there so I was upset to have wasted 3 hours of a night when I have so much to do.

Basically - do not buy a house unless it's new and needs no work is my advice!
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Thu May 15, 2008 4:49 pm

Ohh no Beasty Babes, that sound HORRID..

You wonder about the people who sold you the house.....They obviously knew.Bastards.

Ohhh, Im sorry, it sounds like you are in for a very expensive time. :cry:

If I lived near I'd come and help you hun.

*Hugs*

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Thu May 15, 2008 5:07 pm

Aw, thanks. I'll have help with decorating etc. I've come to accept it all now. The house has potential so at least that's good. I'll just have to be poor.
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Thu May 15, 2008 5:17 pm

I have been waiting months and months for the place I used to work at to get back to me, because the originally contacted me and wanted me to go back and work for them (not the Catering company) to run catering, every couple of months I have emailed to say ids it still happening,I've had 'Yes it is in return', now this has been going on for 9 months now. Im fed up waiting, i've been hanging on. But how long do you hang on?I mean if it comes off, I really want to go back ( I do quite miss it and people who worked for me, (but dont miss the catering company). But you know, 9 months,I DON'T think its happening.

Plus where I am I've been there a year and can do the job and like it (apart from idiot new boss) and feel totally unchallanged and I think if I stay much longer it will be a career killer.*

:cry:

Anyway I've joined an agency who are looking for me and have interview at another tomorrow..fingers crosse

MrsBeasley
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by MrsBeasley » Thu May 15, 2008 5:33 pm

Beast have you got advice about this?
When we bought our house, we had a certain amount of time to report anything that wasn't right & the previous owners had to fix it.

Do you have something like that?
"I don't know that I share your view"