Annoying Things II

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Re: Annoying Things II

Postby Son of Tubbs returns! » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:41 pm

Papa's new wife wrote:VL: When you said on Facebook that you were shaking after handing in your notice, I knew exactly what you mean. I hope the whoooooo hooooooo high has now hit and you can actually enjoy your final few days before your new adventure starts :D

Paul: No booze still? Is there not another option?

I suppose I could try dope! Oh,I see.... :wink:
Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby serafina pekkala » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:34 pm

PNW - Vitamin B12 deficiency was a big factor in my sister's psoriasis so it does have a huge impact well being. Glad you are getting some answers and hope you can work from that further.

Good luck on the work front to you and VL. I know that shaky feeling too.
serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Postby Papa's new wife » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:27 pm

Psoriasis? That's interesting to know as I've had big patches of psoriasis on my feet and arms for months. It would be great to get that cleared up too :D
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby serafina pekkala » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:12 pm

Papa's new wife wrote:Psoriasis? That's interesting to know as I've had big patches of psoriasis on my feet and arms for months. It would be great to get that cleared up too :D

Interesting it is! My friend has just been through the same. It is the symptom of a damaged immune system and stress so you will see improvements with any kind of treatment. She got a lot of tonsil infections as well. And try the UV treatment (22 seconds of high bursts so nowt like a sunbed) before the drugs because the latter can be full of side effects and are immune suppressors. My friend is just as pale and dark haired as thee, Katyusha so no worry about burns or even tanning. She found the UV treatment cleared her up very quickly. Same with my sis who had it much worse than her actually. Good news is it is very treatable and goes away sharpish. Apparently psoriasis is something very common with Celtic heritage people. Just one of those things we are prone to getting.
serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Postby Papa's new wife » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:07 pm

I don;t know how much more crap I can take.
My eyes have been grumpy recently, dry and focussing probs. These were common side effects of the stuff the GP gave me but I wanted my eyes checked because I hadn't had a proper eye test for a while and I laughed at myself cos duh!
So my manager was very kind and got the best Optom at work to see me this morning.
All was going well until he discovered I have a hole in my retina. This had never been seen before so I'm rather furious since ok, I haven't had an eye test in 2 years at work but before then I had had about 7 in 5 years. And COUNTLESS optoms practising on my eyes and checking contact lenses on me and having a look because O have lots of floaters in my eyes etc... The optom today said the hole was 'old' so I am going to see if I can find out how old then go nuts. He also told me not to freak out and it's probably fine. But that he wants me referred to hospital within a month.

I have googled retinal holes and if I am lucky it will seal by itself. If I am not I need an operation to take out the vitreous humor in my eye and then have to lie on my face for 2 days to 3 WEEKS.
I am not lucky. Ever.

I feel like jumping out the window. I can't take any more shit. And I am so scared.
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby serafina pekkala » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:45 pm

You are being put through a LOT right now. And now this. COuld this be part of your feelings over the past few months? An underlying problem causing stress and headaches etc? I really hope this heals itself and chances are - if it is 'old' - it will. I feel for you missus cos you are going through a massive mangle from hell. If I had any luck - it would be yours. All i can say is you deserve the moon on a stick, Missy. And i would give it you if I could. xxx
serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:42 pm

serafina pekkala wrote:You are being put through a LOT right now. And now this. COuld this be part of your feelings over the past few months? An underlying problem causing stress and headaches etc? I really hope this heals itself and chances are - if it is 'old' - it will. I feel for you missus cos you are going through a massive mangle from hell. If I had any luck - it would be yours. All i can say is you deserve the moon on a stick, Missy. And i would give it you if I could. xxx

What she said! My friend, Laura has retinal holes. If I recall, she's been told they're no big deal. So maybe the evol diagnosis you read about was an extreme case. If it's not bothered you until recently, I'm with Sefi; it's probably a very minor thing and will be no big deal. I'm sending you whatever luck I can, though, just in case. :D =hugs=
"It's an ear hat, John!"

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Location: The Hogwarts Kitchen, helping Hermione make S.P.E.W badges

Postby Papa's new wife » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:10 pm

Love you ladies!

VL: You have no idea how much better that makes me feel. Seriously.
Sefi: And if you gave it to me I'd give it to you cos you deserve it too.

I don't know if you remember that I mentioned woman at work who always has to be the illest and said she'd been in a coma during the week and was at work that weekend? Well I told her about the hole and she of course shrieked that she had it too and hers was worse.
One way retinal/macular abnormalities are detected is by getting someone to stare at a central dot on a black and white grid and being asked if any of the lines become distorted. I have a small patch where the lines go wavy. Colleague of course had to have a massive patch and there were 'colours'.
Luckily boss has given me lots of Saturdays off and is trialling me have Saturday as my day off permanently. Colleague only works on Saturdays and I can't cope any longer.

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:58 am

Gods, people like that are just...awful! I feel bad for them, in that they can never be happy, and it makes me sad to think of anyone living in a perpetual state of misery. But at the same time, they *choose* to be there. They love it, they wallow in it. They feel like it gets them the attention they are missing elsewhere in life (and how sad that they don't get healthy attention elsewhere!). And yet, they are the most infuriating people EVER, so as bad as I feel for them, I ultimately end up despising them, just as so many other people do. They are emotional vampires, feeding on the negativity and the sympathy they think it brings, and if you give into it, if you show any sympathy yourself, they will try to suck you dry. Ugh, I don't envy you having to work with someone like that, Katie, and I pray to the gods that your boss is able to give you Saturdays off permanently, so you never have to suffer her again! Arg!
"It's an ear hat, John!"

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Papa's new wife » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:56 pm

I actually think she might have Munchausens/Munchausens by proxy. All she talks about are her illnesses and her kids illnesses. She would practically live at the local hospital if even half of her claims are true.
I do worry about her kids but again if what some of says is true then they have plenty of medical people looking out for them.

Anyway. Sleep seems to be my friend again! WHOOO HOOO! Taking the anti depressents in the morning has finally made a difference. My skin is getting less dry and my vision has settled (apart from teh hole). This week is period week so hopefully the vitamins will have started to work a little and I might feel less drained.
Crossing everything!

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Son of Tubbs returns! » Tue May 07, 2013 6:38 pm

Stayed with friends at the weekend, and he proudly showed me his new Blu - ray player.I don't know if it's me,but it looked no different to DVD to me! Is it just me who can't see it?!
Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Papa's new wife » Tue May 07, 2013 7:30 pm

I love my Bluray player and yes, I can tell the difference.
I think if you were able to see a DVD copy and a Bluray copy one after another or next to each other you would too. I was watching iPlayer through my telly and switched between HD and normal and whoa! I was watching The great British Bake Off and you could see the crumbs and the texture of the cake in HD, it made me even hungrier :lol:
My telly isn't that big so I like it. I do find that watching a film at the cinema in HD is a bit too much. I don't like seeing the actors ever wrinkle and every pore on such a big screen. I still hate 3D. The action scenes blur and I get pulled out of the story by going "ooooh 3D" all the time :evil:

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Papa's new wife » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:54 pm

I've had a cold this weekend, had to take Friday off work as I felt crap. I still feel crap tonight and know I'll struggle through tomorrow at work.
Tomorrow after work there is a meal planned to celebrate our bosses' birthday. Its a surprise and most of the team is coming along.
I know that I'll feel too crap to go along BUT I know I'll get moaned at for not going. It would be nice to go, FINALLY a night out with work people at a Chinese/Thai/Japanese place (East Asian food is my most favourite ever), we always go to Italian (nowt wrong with that but being a fussy veggie I find East Asian food gives me so much more of a choice) or somewhere were I end up having chips because there is no veggie option at all. Yup, I live in London and somehow there are still restaurants where there is no veggie choice. Or mushrooms. UGH.

Just having a whinge :lol:

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:04 am

Poor Katie! Feel better! =hugs=

"It's an ear hat, John!"

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Papa's new wife » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:27 am

*wipes drool from screen*
I feel SO much better!

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat