Annoying Things II

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Re: Annoying Things II

Postby Papa's new wife » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:13 pm

Yeah, the first Doctor gave some some. Did bugger all :( I might try it again if what I'm on at the mo helps.
So far I feel so sick I don't want to move, have a mouth like the Sahara and having tummy attacks. Yay.
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Beast » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:40 am

Glad the last doc you saw seems to genuinely be trying to help you. She will sort you out. I bet you felt better because you finally felt you were getting some help. Fingers crossed what she has done will help but if not keep going back and demand to see her only. Good luck!
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!
Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:09 pm

I'm so happy this doc seems knowledgeable and caring. I know you've still felt miserable, but I'm hopeful that this is the last time. You're working on the problem, which is the first step to finding a solution. =hugs=
"It's an ear hat, John!"

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Location: The Hogwarts Kitchen, helping Hermione make S.P.E.W badges

Postby astrid » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:04 pm

Remember, if you ever want to get away you are welcome. The girls could all come up for pizza and pjs. Big love to you lady. I get a teeny slice of what you get and it's horrible so I can only imagine how frustrating it is.
ImageImage
astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:19 am

I wish I could offer you the same! We could get drunk off our faces and go hunting for Winchesters or Vamps or Time Captains, and we'd make you forget aaaaaall about it! :D
"It's an ear hat, John!"

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:48 pm

Whinge: I was supposed to give my notice at work today, but now I can’t. There have been some complications involving the job I’m moving to, and while I don’t foresee there being any real problem, I can’t afford to quit this job without being 100% certain I have something else to go to. As a result, I have been rather depressed since Friday, and today I feel like the wind has been taken out of my sales. I have all sorts of things I should be working on, exciting things, things I want to get cracking on, but I just can’t somehow.

It’s stupid, really. This is just a silly setback, not a big deal at all. It’s not like I’m going to be here forever; just a week or two longer than I’d expected. This means I may not get a break in between jobs (and I sorely need a break), but it also means there will be more money in my bank account when I do leave here. That’s not a bad thing, right? I just have to summon the energy to fake giving a toss for a little while longer. The thing is, right now I don’t feel like I have that energy. I’m spent and stuck feeling sorry for myself. Boo. :(
"It's an ear hat, John!"

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Son of Tubbs returns! » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:20 pm

Voodoo Lady wrote:Whinge: I was supposed to give my notice at work today, but now I can’t. There have been some complications involving the job I’m moving to, and while I don’t foresee there being any real problem, I can’t afford to quit this job without being 100% certain I have something else to go to. As a result, I have been rather depressed since Friday, and today I feel like the wind has been taken out of my sales. I have all sorts of things I should be working on, exciting things, things I want to get cracking on, but I just can’t somehow.

It’s stupid, really. This is just a silly setback, not a big deal at all. It’s not like I’m going to be here forever; just a week or two longer than I’d expected. This means I may not get a break in between jobs (and I sorely need a break), but it also means there will be more money in my bank account when I do leave here. That’s not a bad thing, right? I just have to summon the energy to fake giving a toss for a little while longer. The thing is, right now I don’t feel like I have that energy. I’m spent and stuck feeling sorry for myself. Boo. :(

Bah. You've endured it for ages, a little longer won't make a lot of difference. I guess it's you had got yourself all ready for that feeling of it's nearly over! But as you say just look at it as money.

Just try and look ahead and remember that you will soon be gone!
Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Papa's new wife » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:56 pm

Oh man that truly sucks *hugs*
Just concentrate on the money, maybe each night have a 'reward' planned like a favourite meal, some brilliant telly or a film, a face pack and bath?
Maybe use the extra money for a special treat to make it seem worth it? If it gets used for bills or mundane stuff then it won't seem worth it.
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby astrid » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:44 pm

Aww babe, I can totally understand. Thinking you had the date and then it getting pushed back. Grrrrr.

The other guys are right, focus on the pennies and as you said, it won't be long until you are away. All shiny goodness after that.
ImageImage
astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:38 am

Thanks, you guys! You’re all right, of course. Any extra money will likely be put into the show, which is very “yay”. And I’m definitely going to try to treat myself a little here and there, I think. Have to make the best of it, yeah?

=hugs to you all=
"It's an ear hat, John!"

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Papa's new wife » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:07 pm

VL: How is it going? Any end in sight?

Had a month on the antidepressants and when they worked I did feel happier. I also felt a bit sludgy, like I wasn't quite with it and didn't really care about things that much. At work I like to blitz my workload and get a lot done as I have huge amounts to do. During the 3 weeks of feeling happier I pushed a lot of stuff aside.
Last week my hormones had a fight with the antidepressants and won, I felt sad as hell but I got things done and felt more me.
I've also had massive sleep problems. I have always found it hard to fall asleep and now its so much worse. Some nights I don't sleep at all or maybe 1/2 hours. At first I felt fine but it has caught up with me and its hard.
My entire body has dried out which means no greasy hair, whoooo hoooo! But my arms are very dry and so is my face. My eyesight also went weird but has come back to normal. I'm going to eave it a week or two and then get one of the Optoms at work to take a look. No point in checking now if its going to be all over the place.

I went back to the GP today for my blood test results and to chat about the antidepressants. She's actually increased my dosage and we're going to try me taking them in the morning to see if that helps with sleep. She says the dryness should decrease.
I am also almost anaemic, very low Iron, Vitamin B12 and Folic Acid levels. During my periods I probably am anaemic which is why I sleep so much and feel so hideous. I bought some supplements to see if they help, if not then I will end up on injections :(

I am crossing everything that this will work. I feel more confident and I rarely do so I am going to run with this.
I was supposed to be having my tattoo consultation for my big ass Batman thigh piece but I felt so emo this morning after just 1 hours sleep last night that I decided to postpone for next week.

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:59 pm

Oh wow! It sounds like they're really effecting you. If they're making you happier, that's fantastic. Hopefully with your GP's help you can fix the sleeping problem. In turn, that may well help with your energy issues. I'm crossing everything for you! =huuuuuuuuuuge hugs=

As you saw, I finally gave my notice this morning. I emailed my boss, as she's out of town, and then forwarded that email to her bosses so that someone who's here today would know. From the lack of reaction on her part, I'm guessing she hasn't checked her email like she said she would. ;) One of my other bosses was gracious and congratulatory, which is nice.

It's such a relief! Now I just have to get through this week. It should be fine, though, and if my boss gives me any grief (once she realizes I'm leaving), I'll just have to focus on the fact that I only have four more days to suffer her. What is she going to do, fire me?
"It's an ear hat, John!"

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Son of Tubbs returns! » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:14 pm

Hope you feel better soon Kate. hugs* I know I keep saying it but we must go out soon, and see if I can't cheer you up :)

Yay Sheila! I know how much you were itching to hand in the notice. Brilliant! If boss gives you grief, just leave there and then!

And as we are in annoying. I miss booze!!
Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Papa's new wife » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:56 pm

VL: When you said on Facebook that you were shaking after handing in your notice, I knew exactly what you mean. I hope the whoooooo hooooooo high has now hit and you can actually enjoy your final few days before your new adventure starts :D

Paul: No booze still? Is there not another option?

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:41 pm

Poz, I echo what Kate said! Options?

Katie, thanks! I don't know why I get so nervous when I have to do these kinds of things. What are they going to do, feed me to their nazi robot sharks? I'm feeling better now, but still haven't heard from my direct superior, who has no doubt been ignoring her email. I am trying not to actively dread seeing her tomorrow. Four more days, Sheila, that's all you've got to put up with. Just hang in for four more days.

:P
"It's an ear hat, John!"

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat