Annoying Things II

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Re: Annoying Things II

Post by miss denton » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:37 pm

Thanks guys.*hugs* Feel better about things today. I have a few more applications to send off tomorrow and the interview next week.

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:08 pm

Ok, I'm going to have my weekly work rant here! Got in this morning at 6.30am, opened emails to find one from boss to all Unit Managers.We are expected to attend a 'Unit Manager's Conference' on the 13th May. The email ended in PS. We know this is a Saturday. There will be no overtime payments, no lunch provided and minimal expenses (11p per mile), and it's in Coventry. This got right up my nose as a) Coventry is about and hour and a half away,There was no requesting to do it on a Saturday, we were told.By Friday my contracted hours are MORE than done, why should I go unpaid to a meeting on a weekend when it's NOT in my working week?Plus I think it's the thin end of the wedge.If people go it will set a precedent.

I think it's a damn cheek, and the two other unit managers who called me were ranting. I sent back a curt reply say,'No, I'm not attending on a saturday'.

My Regional Manager hasn't replied,because I guess he's got my pissed off vibe. If he does he really is going to get it.

I do at least two people's work, I've not had a holiday since January 2009, I keep getting extra pressures on a weekly basis, The unit is much busier then it's ever been, I start an hour earlier than I should, I'm often an hour to 90 minutes later finishing, I ALWAYS miss my lunch break, which I'm docked half an hour for,I got no overtime for those extra hours, but I have to do them to get the job done, so I'm buggered if i'm going to Coventry on a bloody Saturday to hear all that old guff.

And breath out.... ;)

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:52 pm

Bloody Copper was pointing at me in my car to his mate as I drove home. I don't think I was doing anything wrong. I was certainly doing the correct speed limit. Now paranoid!

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:32 pm

Also...

Needless urgency in DIY/cookery contests. Masterchef: "You've got just two hours to feed 350 people!" - well then start earlier. What kind of fu*kwit turns up for work at 10am? Nick Knowles last night bemoaning the fact that they couldn't build a house in five days "I just don't know how it can be done" he says You can't, Nick. That's why people build houses over a six month-or-more period, you idiot.

That's better!

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:55 pm

astrid wrote: You guys are just lovely!
We know! ;)

miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by miss denton » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:08 pm

Annoying: Trying to print out application forms and the printer will not pring. Grr. Also annoying i seem to have come on a week early so not helping the job search stress. GRRRR

SailorEarth
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by SailorEarth » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:02 pm

Annoying (and upsetting): No one from my work bothered to turn up to my farewell drinks last night - except for one person, but he couldn't find me so I didn't end up getting to see him. After the utter disappointment that was my last day at work, where no one seemed to give a damn that I was leaving and didn't get me a card or gift, this was the final straw. I literally broke down in tears last night because of it (and probably because of tiredness and PMT as well, but still...) - it's made me feel like my time there was a huge waste, that no one really cared. There was no acknowledgement for my work at all, no "you've done well" - not even a thank you, or good luck (with the exception of a couple of people). It was a huge kick in the teeth, and I've decided that I will never go back to that store ever again.

There is a flipside to all of this though, but I'll save that for the "brilliant things" thread...

Suffice it to say, I am not happy about the way I was treated. My mum said I should contact the HR manager within the company and tell her about it, but I don't know what good that'll do... I don't want to turn it into a big deal. I just want to be allowed to feel angry for a while until I get over it.

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:58 pm

SailorEarth wrote:Annoying (and upsetting): No one from my work bothered to turn up to my farewell drinks last night - except for one person, but he couldn't find me so I didn't end up getting to see him. After the utter disappointment that was my last day at work, where no one seemed to give a damn that I was leaving and didn't get me a card or gift, this was the final straw. I literally broke down in tears last night because of it (and probably because of tiredness and PMT as well, but still...) - it's made me feel like my time there was a huge waste, that no one really cared. There was no acknowledgement for my work at all, no "you've done well" - not even a thank you, or good luck (with the exception of a couple of people). It was a huge kick in the teeth, and I've decided that I will never go back to that store ever again.
What horrid people. That is the most mean spirited thing I have ever heard. How insulting. You are so much better off being away from there and working with decent people.I'm so sorry to hear your last day was miserable. People can be total pigs. *hugs*

SailorEarth
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by SailorEarth » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:44 am

Thanks guys. It makes me feel strangely better to hear other people say that. And I have come to realise that I'm better off out of that place. I don't think I was ever truly happy there. I'm hoping my mood will improve at the new place.

miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by miss denton » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:03 pm

astrid wrote:HAVING THE C*CKING FLU. I had a week off work and it has been ruined. I started feeling crappy two weeks ago and I knew it was bound to kick in the Friday before my week off which it did. Therefore my weekend away was ruined as was the rest of the week. I had lots planned and have done nothing but sleep. Everyone and their dog had this flu but I had hoped to avoid it, unfortunately not. So very pee'd off with having a sh*t immune system. Grrr rant over.
Hope you feel better soon *hugs*

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:16 pm

I know someone who is shockingly unreliable, doesn't appear to treat me well and she irritates me senseless. Yet, I fancy them like crazy.Been going on best part of a year. I know it's a recipe for disaster and rationally I should just stay well clear.I have done so far....

I know it doesn't make sense. Arghhhhhhhh!!!

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:14 pm

Voodoo Lady wrote:Actually it makes complete sense. You boys always seem to favor a challenge and a chase. And as I said on FB, if you didn't care about her, none of this behaviour would annoy you.

Vive l'amour! ;)
I don't want to care!!

You women are far too complicated for a simple man!!

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:47 pm

Annoying.

Some one who I've had trouble (in stalking sense) about a year or so ago and has caused a massive split amongst a circle of friends and who is unbalanced and is just thoroughly unpleasant. Because they are so thoroughly vile I've spent the last year avoiding them basically because I can see a scene being caused by them if we should meet anywhere. Fine by me. Fandom should be big enough for the two of us. But they are everywhere like a f***ing rash. I have booked a convention later in the year, and bugger me if they aren't going to be there I've just learnt..

Just wanted a vent really, bit pissed off everything I go to being like a military operation to find out if they are there or not! Asshat

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:12 pm

I can't even be bothered to think about the situation with them let alone comment, I'm that fed up with it!

Hope you're feeling a bit more chipper soon Kate... :)

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Thu May 03, 2012 8:25 pm

I think what this person said was so unfeeling and glib. You were so right to be annoyed or whatever.No one can judge what anyone else thinks.Nobody KNOWS how somebody else feels. What may look to you like a wonderful life may well not be, we don't know what's going on underneath. What may seem a trivial problem to others, could be a major one to the said person. Of course it's a tragedy if that's the only way out of their life and what they feel is their best option.That anyone is driven to that is just so sad.

I think it also shows what a lack of feeling, empathy and understanding of the human condition the person who said this wasn't a tragedy lacks. :?

Makes you despair really.Though I've always assume it's something everyone thinks about when at their blackest? Maybe not?