Chit Chat II

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Re: Chit Chat II

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:26 pm

Not very well.

I've not really been on chat to talk about it.We have a private group (about 9 of us) on FB where we vent about stuff. But she seems to have hijacked it with her woes, everyone is so fed up hearing about it, everyone's not going there or posting responses now. She is going bananas about disloyalty/disinterest. But the thing is she is acting irrational, we are telling her and she is ignoring us if it doesn't suit her.As a result. mo one is saying anything

We can do no more. I wonder if she has enjoyed being centre of attention and wonders that if she doesn't talk about it anymore we won't be interested in her any longer. I dunno. It's tiresome TBH. My give a shit-o-meter is reading 0 at the moment.

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:11 pm

She was told straight earlier. Hence not talking to us!

Really past caring. We all have troubles of our own.

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:54 am

Voodoo Lady wrote:It *is* a weird article. 'Cause obviously a lot of Brits know what those phrases *mean*. Maybe he was making fun and questioning the etymology? But if you're going to do that, there are plenty of strange British sayings that don't seem to make sense if you take them literally. =shrugs= I don't know.
I was just going to say exactly this.

Yes, we generally know what these phrases mean even though we might not use them. Although I have no idea about 'Oh snap' and I have to agree with the point about 'Could care less'. But it's just language. Our wonderful language. I think it's meant to be a humourous thing but not quite working.
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:33 pm

Everyone who is hidden (including myself) it's pointless. I still know exactly who is on!! Bwahhhh!

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:44 am

I didn't even know you could hide yourself! Would never have a reason to anyway.

Hope you feel better astrid.

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:11 pm

I understand. It can be quite hard when you have no one to do things with. I get jealous of people going off to hotels or Centerparcs or whatever. I generally have no one to go on holiday with either which sucks. Which is partly why the voluteering thing was great because generally everyone is on their own for that and you become a group so you get to know people. Anyway, hope you find something fun to do for a break. :)

Btw my friends and I were talking about skype and I don't think you can do a group thing with people in 3+ places. But I am not knowledgable about this so not 100% sure. If you can't, you should be able to!

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:23 am

My bum is made from win. It is a win bum. It is also lucky so touch away, PNW. Shh don't tell the world or they'll get ideas. You may even win a tenner on the lottery. It doesn't work for me, sadly.

I would love to have a Skype time with the ladies. Sounds like a plan. You lovely peeps have done so much for me over the last horrid months and making someone smile is a big deal! :D Loves loves.

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:16 pm

I hope you are all having a top notch Easter. :) Remember, eat lots of chocolate! ;)

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:27 am

I didn't eat any chocolate! Although I did have my share of Easter eggs before Easter #naughty. Am hoping I might get one or two when I go home at the weekend too. Although I seem to have broken my sugar addiction recently with being so busy. I had some cake last night as it is best before today and I wasn't even bothered about it. I still have two pieces to eat too! Shame really as it might drag me back into the habit. However I am not throwing it away or giving it anyone! Haha!

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:10 pm

Actually Beast, I've not eaten chocolate at all this year.That was my New Years thing and I've kept to it, and I don't miss it that much TBH, but I know if I had some I'd be ramming it down my throat!

@ Sheila - Wow, fantastic website. Loved the pictures of all your plants and herbs etc. It's really nice to just go outside the door and pick the stuff freshly you need for cooking. :)

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:43 am

Hmm. Yeah you show her! (Could she have a bet on you giving in? Sounds a bit harsh but could it be possible?) It's really great you're doing so well. The main thing with quitting cigs seems to be that you really want to do it. So many people are half-hearted about it. You'll never quit that way. Keep it up!

Paul, if you have given up chocolate well done you I say if that's what you want. :)

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:51 pm

I hvae been shopping about and Virgin Money appear to offer the best instant access ISA at the moment. :)

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:37 pm

Depends what sort you have.

It is tax free, so all interest you keep. You can only have one ISA per year per person and you can save as little or as much as you want up to the £5000 mark. If you had £5000 to invest you could possibly get better interest but if you are going to save monthly (which I will do this year), you are better off getting an instant access one. The interest is still much better than a normal savings account.

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Mon May 14, 2012 11:10 am

I was thinking how I don't really want to add all my facebook friends to Twitter because my feed would be full of boring stuff and I can't keep up as it is but also because I'm not sure people would get my constant lusting etc. I feel like we are all the same. You guys are pretty much the only people I talk to on there (barring one or two close friends). I feel like you get it where others wouldn't. Probably because the lusting started on here! :D So basically my Twitter life at least would be much less fulfilling without you lot. I am really grateful for you! :D

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Fri May 18, 2012 8:51 pm

I don't really like Twitter as much as Face book. but I guess they're not really fulfilling the same the same need. Twitter is more blogging albeit in short form and anyone can see it, where you can (supposed) choose your audience. So I limit myself to more general wittering on Twitter. Anyway, I enjoy your Tweets Beasty Babes! :)