New members, Welcome!

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

MrsBeasley
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Re: New members, Welcome!

Post by MrsBeasley » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:05 am

Thats dedication for you.

Hello & welcome :)
"I don't know that I share your view"

RSfan4ever
Outsider

Post by RSfan4ever » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:54 pm

A lot of dedication. And it didn't take as long as I expected.

Thank you MrsBeasley. :)

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:02 pm

Hi Nadine! Welcome to the forum. :)
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

RSfan4ever
Outsider

Post by RSfan4ever » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:06 pm

Hello ratgirl! Thank you. :)

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:25 pm

Welcome Nadine! I am the bloke of this parish!

RSfan4ever
Outsider

Post by RSfan4ever » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:41 pm

Hello and thank you 'Son of Tubbs returns!'! :)

Helvetica Bold
Outsider

Post by Helvetica Bold » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:52 pm

Hey... so...
Just joined the forum. ^^ I know I'm a bit late but I only watched The League of Gentlemen recently (about a month ago) so I thought I'd join. :D I was only 4 when the first series was originally broadcast. :lol:

Helvetica Bold
Outsider

Post by Helvetica Bold » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:45 pm

Papa's new wife wrote: One of the best things about finding a forum is that you'll be able to find out other shows and things that are related to The Gents.
It's actually thanks to this forum that I discovered Ghost Stories. (going to see it on Friday) :D I'm an avid horror fan and often make references that no one gets.

Yesterday, while rehearsing for a concert, I found some pegs on the stage (god knows why) and exclaimed to a woman I had never met before, “Would you like to buy some pegs, Dave?” When she responded with a blank look I threw the pegs back on the stage and said “No one understands me!”, then ran out pretending to cry.
I realise now that I probably should not have acted so psychotically.

I also like to write things with the aid of brackets. (as you can see) :lol:

BabaLazarou
Outsider

Post by BabaLazarou » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:59 pm

HI! I'm new. My real name is Abigail, I am an artist/accordionist/circus clown/writer and I'm from Manchester. I was only introduced to LOG a while ago but have been a fan of Psychoville for quite a long time. I too was only a nipper when LOG came on the telly (about 7?). Look forward to meeting you all (and fellow Papa Lazarou lovers!)
You can trade your gloom
For a rubber room
And injections twice a day!

MrsBeasley
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by MrsBeasley » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:55 pm

Hello :)
"I don't know that I share your view"

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:13 pm

Hi Abigail, welcome to the forum! Your occupation sounds amazing! Look forward to hearing more about clowning and the like...
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

BabaLazarou
Outsider

Post by BabaLazarou » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:37 pm

ratgirl wrote:Hi Abigail, welcome to the forum! Your occupation sounds amazing! Look forward to hearing more about clowning and the like...
Hello! I am flattered that you think so. I will be sure to keep you updated on any clowning (& the like) that goes on. :)
You can trade your gloom
For a rubber room
And injections twice a day!

EgregiousPerson
Outsider

Post by EgregiousPerson » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:05 pm

Hello! I'm a newbie :)

I've been a fan of the gents for about four years after watching it and recognising Reece as Dexter from Spaced. I was only the young age of 4 when it was first broadcast though!

I may as well admit this now. I fangirl over Ollie big time :oops:
And Ross, can't forget Ross :D

Anyway, its good to be in a place where people recognise real comedy! :D
Just drive into them, Dave. They can't stop theatre! ~ Ollie Plimsoles
I thought we could have a little party. Look, I even brought some music... ~ Tony

EgregiousPerson
Outsider

Post by EgregiousPerson » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:32 pm

I'm in Year 10 at the moment (4th Year) and is studying Film Studies, Art, History, Philosophy and Graphics. I'm really into my drawing :)

As well as an avid fan of the gents I absolutely love Catterick, Spaced, Life On Mars and Ashes To Ashes. Not to mention I'd watch anything that Reece, Simon Pegg, John Simm or Vic & Bob have been in.

Do you get a lot of people still using the forum now? Most of the threads I've seen haven't been commented on for some time :cry:

A friend and I are writing a film at the moment called Stories From The Grove which is about a northern detective (guess who we modelled him on :lol:) who is travelling down south to investigate ghost sightings that have happened in the area. Lots of scary/psychological stuff in it. If you guys want more information about it you can go onto my Tumblr page. My URL is fairlyegregiousperson :)

And I know this may sound rather odd but even though the new series of Psychoville isn't out yet I think my new favourite storyline/characters are going to be the stressed librarian and the silent singer :D

I'm going to be seeing Betty Blue Eyes for the 2nd time next week (my friend and I began to get withdraw symptoms after the show finished the first time we went :lol: ). Front row seats as well :)

Its nice to meet you all so far by the way!
Just drive into them, Dave. They can't stop theatre! ~ Ollie Plimsoles
I thought we could have a little party. Look, I even brought some music... ~ Tony

Lazoo
Outsider

Post by Lazoo » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:37 pm

Hello there. EgregiousPerson told me to register here, so I did!

I'm Sarah and I'm 22 from Cambridgeshire. I'm currently unemployed/a temp/ a writer depending on what day you ask and what mood I'm in on that day. My first memories of TLoG are seeing Papa Lazarou in the first episode of series 2 and being terrified. I didn't watch it again until 2004 when I saw Catterick and decided I needed to further acquaint myself with that Reece Shearsmith chap. I'm now surgically attached to my League DVDs and keep up with all their respective careers.

If I had to chose a favourite character I would probably type a 50,000 page essay on the subject before having a breakdown, but I am particularly fond of Ross, Geoff, Chinnery, Hilary, Les, The Dentons, Legz Akimbo, Tubbs and Edward and C.C.Smith. Even that list is too long and I tried to restrict myself.

I'm going to go now before I go on forever, I look forward to posting here!
I haven't got Windows 95. I've got Windows 98.