New members, Welcome!

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

MrsBeasley
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Re: New members, Welcome!

Post by MrsBeasley » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:55 pm

Hello :)
"I don't know that I share your view"

BabaLazarou
Distant Relative

Post by BabaLazarou » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:40 pm

Papa's new wife wrote:Hey *waves madly*
Lovely to have a newbie and a fellow Papa enthusiast :D
It doesn't matter when you find the League, only that you see their amazingness.
Have a nose around the forum and a quick perusal of the Forum Guidelines and if you need owt then just ask :D
Shall do shall do.
You can trade your gloom
For a rubber room
And injections twice a day!

astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by astrid » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:46 am

Bonjour and welcome to the forum.
A x
ImageImage

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: The Hogwarts Kitchen, helping Hermione make S.P.E.W badges

Post by Voodoo Lady » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:21 am

=tips hat=

Howdy. :)

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:13 pm

Hi Abigail, welcome to the forum! Your occupation sounds amazing! Look forward to hearing more about clowning and the like...
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

BabaLazarou
Distant Relative

Post by BabaLazarou » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:37 pm

ratgirl wrote:Hi Abigail, welcome to the forum! Your occupation sounds amazing! Look forward to hearing more about clowning and the like...
Hello! I am flattered that you think so. I will be sure to keep you updated on any clowning (& the like) that goes on. :)
You can trade your gloom
For a rubber room
And injections twice a day!

EgregiousPerson
Outsider

Post by EgregiousPerson » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:05 pm

Hello! I'm a newbie :)

I've been a fan of the gents for about four years after watching it and recognising Reece as Dexter from Spaced. I was only the young age of 4 when it was first broadcast though!

I may as well admit this now. I fangirl over Ollie big time :oops:
And Ross, can't forget Ross :D

Anyway, its good to be in a place where people recognise real comedy! :D
Just drive into them, Dave. They can't stop theatre! ~ Ollie Plimsoles
I thought we could have a little party. Look, I even brought some music... ~ Tony

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: The Hogwarts Kitchen, helping Hermione make S.P.E.W badges

Post by Voodoo Lady » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:23 pm

Welcome, EP! Look you've already got a nickname! :lol:

We're always happy to welcome fellow fans to the fold. If you haven't already, please have a look at the forum guidelines. It makes us mods very happy when people indulge us on that front. :D

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Papa's new wife » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:31 pm

Hallo *waves madly*

Ross droolers are always good :D Ollie not so much ahahahaha. Don't worry about fancying anyone, we've had members who claimed to have fancied Lance *vomits*.

Tell us a bit more about yourself?
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

EgregiousPerson
Outsider

Post by EgregiousPerson » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:32 pm

I'm in Year 10 at the moment (4th Year) and is studying Film Studies, Art, History, Philosophy and Graphics. I'm really into my drawing :)

As well as an avid fan of the gents I absolutely love Catterick, Spaced, Life On Mars and Ashes To Ashes. Not to mention I'd watch anything that Reece, Simon Pegg, John Simm or Vic & Bob have been in.

Do you get a lot of people still using the forum now? Most of the threads I've seen haven't been commented on for some time :cry:

A friend and I are writing a film at the moment called Stories From The Grove which is about a northern detective (guess who we modelled him on :lol:) who is travelling down south to investigate ghost sightings that have happened in the area. Lots of scary/psychological stuff in it. If you guys want more information about it you can go onto my Tumblr page. My URL is fairlyegregiousperson :)

And I know this may sound rather odd but even though the new series of Psychoville isn't out yet I think my new favourite storyline/characters are going to be the stressed librarian and the silent singer :D

I'm going to be seeing Betty Blue Eyes for the 2nd time next week (my friend and I began to get withdraw symptoms after the show finished the first time we went :lol: ). Front row seats as well :)

Its nice to meet you all so far by the way!
I thought we could have a little party. Look, I even brought some music... ~ Tony

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Papa's new wife » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:37 pm

There are a few reasons why the forum is pretty quiet now.

A: The Gents haven't done any LofG stuff for a few years now. Yes they have individual stuff and a lot of it is great, but it's not why we originally came here. For example, I don't watch Benidorm (with Steve). I find it unfunny and so I haven't seen much with Steve in for ages., apart from Psychoville (which starts it's 2nd series very soon! YAY!).
On the other hand I have seen Ghost Stories and Roald Dahl's Twisted tales (both Jeremy projects), a lot of Reece's stage stuff and loved Sherlock. Then again I now refuse to watch Doctor Who so I won't see Mark's episode.

2: Most of us on the forum have been here for ages and know each other very well. A lot of us meet up a lot in person, text each other, chat online, Twitter, Facebook, so coming on here can get left behind.

iii: We've lost members due to normal things such as going to Uni, moving, losing interest etc... Like anything, some people will stay, some people will move on.

When Psychoville returns for series 2 the forum will get busier but it's never going to be as busy as it used to get. Smaller circles of people are always nicer than massive groups. For one massive groups tend to go ARG much more and I can't be arsed with any more mentals :)
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Lazoo
Outsider

Post by Lazoo » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:37 pm

Hello there. EgregiousPerson told me to register here, so I did!

I'm Sarah and I'm 22 from Cambridgeshire. I'm currently unemployed/a temp/ a writer depending on what day you ask and what mood I'm in on that day. My first memories of TLoG are seeing Papa Lazarou in the first episode of series 2 and being terrified. I didn't watch it again until 2004 when I saw Catterick and decided I needed to further acquaint myself with that Reece Shearsmith chap. I'm now surgically attached to my League DVDs and keep up with all their respective careers.

If I had to chose a favourite character I would probably type a 50,000 page essay on the subject before having a breakdown, but I am particularly fond of Ross, Geoff, Chinnery, Hilary, Les, The Dentons, Legz Akimbo, Tubbs and Edward and C.C.Smith. Even that list is too long and I tried to restrict myself.

I'm going to go now before I go on forever, I look forward to posting here!
I haven't got Windows 95. I've got Windows 98.

EgregiousPerson
Outsider

Post by EgregiousPerson » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:39 pm

Hello Lazoo!
Its brilliant on here, isn't it? :D

zoeplimsolls
Outsider

Post by zoeplimsolls » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:12 pm

Hello there, I'm Zoe and I'm 15 :] -waves awkwardly-
My friend Ellen (EgregiousPerson) got me into League Of Gentlemen and all things Shearsmith a while ago, and she pointed me to this site :3 I have no idea how to use forums though, there's just so many posts and stuff! So I apologise in advance if I come across as rather hopeless :D
"People mistake my quietness for being grumpy. It annoys me. People think I'm being difficult when I'm not." ~ Reece Shearsmith

EgregiousPerson
Outsider

Post by EgregiousPerson » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:17 pm

Hello Zoe! :D
I'd recommed looking at Reece's Pieces in Local Gossip and Crap Photoshopping in General Chat on page 4 - they're quite interesting :D