Television: Good, Bad, whatever, discuss II:

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Re: Television: Good, Bad, whatever, discuss II:

Post by serafina pekkala » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:46 am

Anyone watch The Walking Dead? I am getting discs from the Love O'Film and hope it is good. Not seen it.

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:21 pm

Yes. I love it. Hope you enjoy it. It's back from mid-season break soon on FX. :D
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:49 am

I'd like to see Breaking Bad. Heard nothing but great things about it.

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:07 am

Cool. Will watch, ta ladies.

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:22 pm

Won't Supersexy Dean make you happy though? Although if it was me it would be a mixture of happy and sad that I couldn't have him. No one needs that.

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by serafina pekkala » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:06 pm

The Walking Dead series 2 is EVEN BETTER. And I totally have a husband now. *off to thread*

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:02 pm

Supernatural peeps:

http://www.rogueevent.co.uk/wordpress/asylum-10/

And Jared has confirmed attendance too. No Jensen so far. I'd consider it.

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by serafina pekkala » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:27 pm

The White Queen should have been good (costumes, story, settings) but it is mostly rubbish and prone to some amdram ACKTING not least from the leads. Lots of drama school posh kids with flaring nostrils and flouncy sleeve waving. I may watch another episode for the Richard III element but the drippy love story is daft. The girl playing Elizabeth Woodville has a weird Scandic accent for some reason and the dude playing Edward of York is channeling Edward of Twilight a lot more than I'd like. That franchise has a LOT to answer for because now - boring people falling in love with the odd sexual assault (immediately forgiven if assailant is cute?!) is considered the height of drama.

I just fast-forward to the bits with James Frain because he is the best thing in it and once again, undervalued and under-used. Janet McTeer is also good and she always is so. And it made me laugh that the man playing her hubby (Mr Woodville) is Craster from Game of Thrones. Ewww. ;) That is about it.

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:18 pm

Voodoo Lady wrote:Yuppers! There are sci fi geek refs everywhere. That one was just ridiculously obvious (to Who fans). Seriously ALL the time. Right down to Bobby being named after one of the executive producers. All self-refferencial-like.
I love the references. Especially the orb one. :D

The White Queen - I have a bit of a problem with it too. It's ok. I'll watch it. I don't think the lead guy is right for it. Thanks for that about Mr Woodville. I knew I knew him. I thought it might be from Game of Thrones. Who is Edward's right hand man Warwick too? Ah wikipedia tells me he's from The Tudors and True Blood. So familiar but couldn't place him. I tend to think everyone I recognise now is from GoT!

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:20 pm

As you all seem to be the bastions of good taste in TV.You put me on to Dexter, Walking Dead etc? Any recommendations?

miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by miss denton » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:04 pm

I have been watching Bates Motel, Orphan Black, The Wrong Mans. I like The Walking Dead, Arrow, Revolution and Boardwalk Empire returning for new series. I really like Whitechapel. Also been watching By Any Means on BBC1.

miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by miss denton » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:06 pm

Voodoo Lady wrote:Anyone who is watching Once Upon a Time notice how very much Rumple (as the Dark one) sounds like Papa Lazarou?

"Magic comes with a price, dearie. Give us your wedding ring."

:lol:
yes! :lol: I do love Once Upon A Time. There is a spin off Once Upon A Time in Wonderland that will hopefully be screened in the UK.

Jade Webster
Outsider

Post by Jade Webster » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:14 pm

The Widower!

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:30 pm

I enjoyed that! Though my other half spent several weeks afterwards offering me suspicious cups of tea... :D

Did anyone watch Reece in that thing that had everyone out of Doctor Who in it? *googles quickly* 'Chasing Shadows'?
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:42 am

I really tried to get into Supernatural. Managed about five episodes and just got frustrated by the stupid plots and, worse, the current of misogyny that seems to run through the entire thing. And I thought Moffat hated women!!

Kate said I shouldn't have bothered with the first few seasons. Maybe I'll try again some day and start from season 4 or something!
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."