Television: Good, Bad, whatever, discuss II:

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Re: Television: Good, Bad, whatever, discuss II:

Post by Papa's new wife » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:18 pm

Thank you to everyone who kept telling me to watch Game of Thrones. I finished series 3 yesterday.
Love it :D
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: The Hogwarts Kitchen, helping Hermione make S.P.E.W badges

Post by Voodoo Lady » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:08 pm

I did, too! What a crazy ride, right? My mind is still blown, and I can't stop thinking about it. WANT MORE NOW!

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:29 pm

Papa's new wife wrote:Thank you to everyone who kept telling me to watch Game of Thrones. I finished series 3 yesterday.
Love it :D
Isn't it brilliant and very watchable? You can't rest until you're finished! :)

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Papa's new wife » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:47 pm

I've now started the books because I was having withdrawal symptoms :lol:
They are so easy to get into which I am glad of as I am planning on using them to distract me during my mammoth tattoo session later this week. My Kindle says I have 11 hours remaining in the book :o
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Voodoo Lady » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:22 pm

That's what I did, too! It's slow going for me because I don't make enough time for reading, but I rather like that. If I have to wait another year for new episodes, I want these books to last me at least until then! I don't want to get ahead of the story because I love the show so much, I don't want to risk being disappointed with decisions they might make in adapting it for telly.

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:20 pm

As you all seem to be the bastions of good taste in TV.You put me on to Dexter, Walking Dead etc? Any recommendations?

miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by miss denton » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:04 pm

I have been watching Bates Motel, Orphan Black, The Wrong Mans. I like The Walking Dead, Arrow, Revolution and Boardwalk Empire returning for new series. I really like Whitechapel. Also been watching By Any Means on BBC1.

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Voodoo Lady » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:03 am

Anyone who is watching Once Upon a Time notice how very much Rumple (as the Dark one) sounds like Papa Lazarou?

"Magic comes with a price, dearie. Give us your wedding ring."

:lol:

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Papa's new wife » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:36 pm

Son of Tubbs returns! wrote:As you all seem to be the bastions of good taste in TV.You put me on to Dexter, Walking Dead etc? Any recommendations?
I'm watching Breaking Bad which everyone seems to love, but to be honest, I'm really struggling with it. Its the same story every single episode and I just don't find it interesting enough to keep me watching. I'm only keeping watching cos I promised Adam that I would and it means he has to keep watching Buffy :P

I also tried Battlestar Galactica because Astrid told me I had to and I found the first series in a charity shop for £4. I almost had a brain haemorrhage due to boredom during the first episode and won't be watching again.

I'm not helping I am Paul :lol:

miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by miss denton » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:06 pm

Voodoo Lady wrote:Anyone who is watching Once Upon a Time notice how very much Rumple (as the Dark one) sounds like Papa Lazarou?

"Magic comes with a price, dearie. Give us your wedding ring."

:lol:
yes! :lol: I do love Once Upon A Time. There is a spin off Once Upon A Time in Wonderland that will hopefully be screened in the UK.

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Voodoo Lady » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:52 am

OUaT:Wonderland is alright so far. I watched with great skepticism, but ended up REALLY digging the first episode. Second wasn't as good, but the show definitely has potential. Third eppy airs tonight, so we'll see what I think when I've had a chance to point my eyeballs in its direction.

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Voodoo Lady » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:57 pm

OUaT: Wonderland is losing its luster very quickly, I feel. The whole love story angle is boring, and it's the central theme and only real plot point. A new, potentially interesting storyline was introduced last week, so hopefully it will pick up, but I'm feeling rather skeptical at the moment.

Supernatural fans:

Who's seen last night's episode, "Slumber Party"?

(Caution: Here there be spoilers)

Dean loves Chaaarlie! Deeaaan loves Chaaarlie! Seriously, tell me I'm wrong. Boo, sad Dean finally found a woman he respects and cares for, and she's a lesbian.

Really, though, that look he gave her as she left with Dorothy completely melted my little heart. For the first time since I started watching the show, I REALLY care about Dean, and gods...I think I'm a shipper!

Sorry, PNW. ;)

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Papa's new wife » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:30 pm

Voodoo Lady wrote: Supernatural fans:

Who's seen last night's episode, "Slumber Party"?

(Caution: Here there be spoilers)

Dean loves Chaaarlie! Deeaaan loves Chaaarlie! Seriously, tell me I'm wrong. Boo, sad Dean finally found a woman he respects and cares for, and she's a lesbian.

Really, though, that look he gave her as she left with Dorothy completely melted my little heart. For the first time since I started watching the show, I REALLY care about Dean, and gods...I think I'm a shipper!

Sorry, PNW. ;)
Really? I he gives everyone that look :lol:
To me the one woman he actually loved was Lisa and maybe Jo (though that was also a bit brother/sister love but just before she died I think he realised his feelings towards her). I think he sees Charlie as more of a sister kinda thing as she's quite close to Sam's nerdiness.
I think the look he gave at the end was that he was happy for her having found what she's always wanted.

Plus he loves CASTIEL *sulks*

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(But oh mah gawd how hot is Cas at the moment?! All stubbly angst and discovering sex (intercourse ahahahaa. Yes I am a child. Its funny when he says it) and tattoos and stabbing. Not that Dean isn't making me squee as per but Cas has almost beard. Mind you I fancy Crowley at the moment too so I think my hormones are just going nuts.)

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Voodoo Lady » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:14 am

Dracula.

It's fairly crap. It's kind of wank.

I can't stop watching. OMGlasdfja;lsfasldjfa;sfTWELFTY!

It's Jonathan Rhys Meyers with fangs and bloodlust! Although I suspect that he (or more likely, his "people") have sprinkled me with sexy dust because I am not the type of gal to follow a show simply because it features a pretty face. But...I...arg, I just can't.... It's Jonathan Rhys Meyers with fangs and bloodlust. And that smoldering, "I'm thinking about you right now, and it's making me so hot I *might* actually catch fire, which is, you know, bad for my kind, but I don't care because...centuries-old love...doomed romance...destiny...sex...." far-off stare.

It's baaaaad, you guys. The show I mean. Also the lusting. Halp!

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Voodoo Lady » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:34 pm

This is kind of random(ish), but I wanted to share with the Supernatural fans:

As you may have seen, I posted the link to a friend's short film on Facebook yesterday. It starts a leeetle slow, but I think it gets really good toward the end. Also, it stars Kim Rhodes, the lady who played Sheriff Jody in Supernatural, and she's REALLY great.

I know, I know, it's not like one of the boys is in the film, and no one is having the butt sex, but I always dug Jody, and thought some of you might be interested in seeing Kim play another character. ;)

http://vimeo.com/user22678589/qualityoflife