Television: Good, Bad, whatever, discuss II:

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Re: Television: Good, Bad, whatever, discuss II:

Post by Beast » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:12 pm

Oh I thought it had finished. Perhaps it's the break that made me think that. I am determined to have seen the rest by the time the next season is broadcast. Do they do a season each year? Seem to.
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:06 pm

I can't believe my internet just went down as I was pressing submit and I have to type all this again. :(

Wow. I haven't read any Sherlock Holmes books so I didn't even realise it was all relating to the books! That makes it even more brilliant. I hadn't heard rumours about killing him but I don't think it'll be true. I think he might get badly beaten though. Moriarty I don't really feel anything for. I don't care about that story really. I don't know if it's because there haven't been enough episodes yet with him keep cropping up. If the story doesn't end with the series maybe I'll care more. I expect he's in this one anyway.

I have to say although I love him obviously, I don't really like Mark in Sherlock. It's not the character really it's just all he seems to do these days is posh guys and I'm sick of it. I can hardly bear to watch Mycroft sometimes. It somehow feels a bit over the top. Maybe because I know he isn't like that in real life but that would be stupid because he's an actor. I know none of them are like that in real life! It's sad but that's how I feel. He needs some more varied roles.

DOI - I miss Jason. The new woman does nothing for me so far. Louis had some sort of accident when he was young which resulted in the lisp. I can't quite remember but he does know about it and he can't help it.

Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:36 pm

Very good finale last night of Sherlock. I won't spoil incase people missed it but a big thumbs up from me. Tomorrow is my dad off. I will laze about and have a Sherlock day me thinks :)
You're the Christmas, promising the summer

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:30 pm

Sorry to double-post but http://shop.cafepress.co.uk/sherlock
especially the first item! I have just ordered a present from here for a friend and just realised even though it's American they might have Sherlock stuff! They are designs by people i.e. not official but just in case anyone is really Sherlocked! :)

Oh my!: http://www.cafepress.co.uk/+kissing_35_button,506263564

Aren't people ace?! Haha!

I also like the Moriar tea stuff.

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:31 pm

Ok sorry to pose yet again but if you want to read theories on what happened on Sherlock see:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/ ... NETTXT9038

Have to admit I hadn't thought about some of these aspects. I think they must have it right somewhere in this article which makes me a little sorry to have read it so beware!

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:52 am

Suppose you're right but I think it's unlikely.

I too like Cumberholmes and that Tumblr seems quite good mostly. It will do as a replacement to John's blog while that's down. I've never really read things like that before but I absolutely love it. It's like more Sherlock while we wait for official stuff and makes me :D so much. :D

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:07 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... Jones.html

"And his half sister is adamant he's struggling to find a girlfriend because he is so much like his intellectual character Sherlock Holmes"

I know it's the Daily Fail and probably anything for a story but still. :)

Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:07 pm

Talking t-shirts this one spotted last week looks ace:
You're the Christmas, promising the summer

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:44 pm

Yeah I'm considering buying a Buffy tee from Cafepress but I know I'll feel all self-conscious if it's an obvious one. Why can't I be confident enough to just wear what I want to express my love of stuff?

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:58 pm

I might get the Grr Argh one. All the ones that speak to me are a bit more subtle that only fans would get. :)

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:45 pm

Voodoo Lady wrote:I have sort of an opposite problem. I LOVE sharing what I’m into via clothing, most often when it’s something not as well-known in the states. I feel like I need to advertise it somehow, to get the word out to my fellow Americans. But then I get paranoid because if I *should* happen to bump into someone whose shirt I’m wearing (don't laugh, it's happened to me), I would be mortified to have them see it. I don’t like folks knowing that I know who they are. It starts you off straight away on a “celeb vs. fan” foot instead of just being two regular people having a chat (or whatever).
Yeah I would hate that but what a good potential problem to have! I might bump into my husband! :D
I do want a Sherlock shirt because I feel it’s one of those things that only certain people in the States are into. It’s like a secret Sherlock club. I would still keep it on the subtle side. I AM [SHER] LOCKED is probably the most obvious one I have in mind. Funnily, I am kind of nervous to wear even that, as it’s a massive spoiler, and Series 2 won’t air here until May. I’m *really* tempted to make one to wear in the meantime that says I AM [SPOILER]ED. What do you think? Subtle enough? :lol:
Or just get the layout and left as I AM [****]LOCKED. I think I might have seen that one. Probably not noticeable enough as to be recollected when they do see the episode. Although then that might defeat the object. Tricky one.

Re the babies thing well it seems he has waited this long he can wait a bit more. So that's fine for me because I do want children eventually but I don't know about you. :lol: Just realised what I am writing. I don't even know if I actually do fancy him apart from when he is Holmes. Was talking to my friend before about our lists of men and she was remembering how most of mine in the past were always characters rather than the actors etc. I'm a sucker for an amazing character. In reality people are rarely as attractive to me. Not the actors I just mean generally.

Re series 3 I did think that was a bit soon but I clung to the thought maybe it was really really popular so they were pushing it. Oh well perhaps it will be at least filmed at the end of this year. Maybe we'll get news re that if not actual episodes. It does hurt though. So long to wait. Really am edging towards getting the dvds. D'oh!

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:36 pm

Nope, sorry!

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:54 pm

Have you seen Gods of the Arena mini series. I think it's even better than the first series.

Really enjoying re watching Rome at the moment.

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:23 pm

What's the general view On Babylon 5. I never saw it at the time, but have friends who are lending me the DVDs. I can't say I'm that struck.It's ok, but I find it a bit dry.And some episodes are deadly dull!

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:53 pm

Oh you should see the Russell Brand and Noel Fielding did the first time they were paired together. Not sure which year though. 2009? It was so good I actually watched the whole (long) programme twice.

Anyway, DOI - I was a bit annoyed because I thought Jorgie was better than Matthew. I mean she was amazing and so fluid in her dance moves etc. Can't imagine how she'll be in weeks to come. I also thought that although he was the worst generally Corey was actually better in the skate off and therefore if they really do vote on that and that only as Philip reckons, the woman should actually have left. However unfair that would be based on their overall performances. Can't say I noticed about his accent!