Television: Good, Bad, whatever, discuss II:

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Re: Television: Good, Bad, whatever, discuss II:

Post by Beast » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:11 am

The second year wasn't as good though. Probably the pressure of being so good the year before!
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:50 pm

I don't remember that one!

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:06 pm

Ah, yes. :D

Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:44 am

Just said in another thread that i thought second episode was alright but totally agree he should have done something new. He's even lost his best writer IMO (Brian Dooley...he done the Gilbert Fun episode and the second episode of the last series)
You're the Christmas, promising the summer

miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by miss denton » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:56 pm

I quite liked the second episode. Really liking Hal (as you know by now :twisted: :lol: ) I'll keep with it.

SailorEarth
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by SailorEarth » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:16 am

I agree with you about Amber Benson, VL. It is a shame :( But funnily enough she was the reason I started watching SPN - I found out she was going to be in an episode and watched it, and well, the rest is history :P

PNW - have you been watching season 7? I'm really quite curious to see where they're taking it.

I've recently been watching the animated version of Napoleon Dynamite, has anyone else seen this? It's actually pretty funny :P They've even managed to get most of the original cast in for the voices which is a bonus.

Something else I've been watching is Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy series - whoa O_O It's quite... well, insane doesn't quite cover it :P But I'm actually enjoying it, despite wishing it could have been another Boosh series instead (no Julian :( But Mike Fielding, Dave Brown and Rich Fulcher have all made appearances, hmm...)

miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by miss denton » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:12 am

SailorEarth wrote:Something else I've been watching is Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy series - whoa O_O It's quite... well, insane doesn't quite cover it :P But I'm actually enjoying it, despite wishing it could have been another Boosh series instead (no Julian :( But Mike Fielding, Dave Brown and Rich Fulcher have all made appearances, hmm...)

I quite like it too, not on the same scale as the boosh, but i'm enjoying it.

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:38 am

Is Amber in Supernatural? I didn't know that. I have just started season 6 and for the first time really I've been disappointed in where they've taken it. Although perhaps I am being precious about it always being Sam and Dean together (with help from a few others) but I suppose they have to try and go to different places and I'm hoping it will get back to a more normal set up soon. I have to say though I loved it from the start. Never had any problems with it. I love the inventiveness of some of the eps.
SailorEarth wrote:Something else I've been watching is Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy series - whoa O_O It's quite... well, insane doesn't quite cover it :P But I'm actually enjoying it, despite wishing it could have been another Boosh series instead (no Julian :( But Mike Fielding, Dave Brown and Rich Fulcher have all made appearances, hmm...)
I almost hated LC at first because one of the first things they showed was that awful cooking scene which was long and boring and really not my sense of humour. But I've stuck with it and although I don't really find it funny I can still enjoy it. I like all the bits with Noel at his desk the best. I generally record it so I can fastforward any tedious bits.

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:19 am

Yeah Supernatural is really good at that. Being self-referential etc. I really love stuff like that.

I am finding myself getting more and more attracted to Sam in season 6. I note it with interest. :D

miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by miss denton » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:40 am

I seem to be addicted to US shows at the moment. The Walking Dead is back and just gets better and better with each episode. Homeland is unmissable for me. I have jusrt seen episode one of Grimm and i am loving it, it is very Buffy. I started watching Death Valley on MTV (yes Mtv. I haven't watched that channel since i was 16 :lol: )and i love it. I missed the first couple of episodes but i love it, it's really funny.

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:06 pm

:lol: Nice. Yeah I loved that bit. There are a few more moments like that to come too. I really need to get back on it because I haven't watched any in at least two weeks. It feels like forever!

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:39 am

Yes. It was a shame but it was the right result. Can't believe who was in the skate-off with her. The final is gonna be great though.

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:21 pm

Sounds to me like you're addicted!
Voodoo Lady wrote:For the "ignore them," what happened to the fact that the apocalypse was all Dean's fault for breaking the first seal? That was harped on and harped on again until Sam broke the last one. Suddenly *all* blame shifted to him. Give me a f*cking break. They are equally to blame. And what's with Dean's "I can't trust you" attitude? *He* was the one torturing innocent souls in hell and has since been acting erratically! Why are we okay with trusting *him*?!
I think basically it was an accident on both their parts so neither are 'to blame' but when the incident has just happened you're bound to comment on it aren't you? And Sam's indiscretions (trusting demons which is a pretty big deal for demon hunters) were while he was on Earth while he was at least originally of sound mind. I don't think you can compare that to having spent 30 years in hell being tortured every day. Although you have a point about that possibly having an effect Dean and him not being trustworthy unless any of that amnesia was actually true. In any case he remembers it now.

I feel a bit heated in defence of my programme!

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:05 pm

I have record OUAT so we will see. Is it better than Grimm? Grimm is ok but a bit too much monster-of-the-weeky-not-much-else-going-on for me. Plus the funny bits seem a bit like they're trying too much. I like Robert Carlyle so that shouldn't put me off. He's awesome when he's scary!

I am loving Homeland although I find it hard to concentrate on each ep at first because it doesn't have the supernatural elements that seem to pull me towards stuff. Although I do like other stuff so that reasoning may be redundant. I think it feels a bit serious and hard work at first maybe.

Bobby is awesome but I felt the lack of Dean and Sam in Weekend at Bobby's but it was directed by Jensen so I enjoyed the extras re that. I really don't mind Sam's storyline. Haven't watched any in ages though and I was so close to finishing (til season 7 is shown on tv). It's stupid sky and stupid all these new US shows :) meaning my box is too full. Maybe over the Easter weekend. In fact I will make that a job for myself. Although I should save some because I am home for a week soon and could do with having a dvd to watch if and when my parents go out and can get to the tv!

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:06 am

:lol: Sorry about that. :D